2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Possibly. I'm not him.

I actually don't think he should sign for us either if I were him. But who knows.

We need to focus on getting the QB situation under control.  For any players that uses winning or playing for a potential playoff team they need to see that we have the most essential player locked up and ready to go along with the coaches and front office having a singular plan.  Money is generally the #1 factor but you have to sell the player on the city and the organization.  You want Carr meeting with potential FAs and them asking if he is going to be the starter next year.  Like it or not Carr is our ambassador to potential FAs.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We need to focus on getting the QB situation under control.  For any players that uses winning or playing for a potential playoff team they need to see that we have the most essential player locked up and ready to go along with the coaches and front office having a singular plan.  Money is generally the #1 factor but you have to sell the player on the city and the organization.  You want Carr meeting with potential FAs and them asking if he is going to be the starter next year.  Like it or not Carr is our ambassador to potential FAs.

100%. We need to recruit some serious players this offseason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Possibly. I'm not him.

I actually don't think he should sign for us either if I were him. But who knows.

I could see JJ Watt becoming a Raider. Didn't Gruden say he wanted an alpha leader on the defense, and Gruden loves big name future hall of famers. JJ could be looking for one last pay day, and the income tax rates could come into play in this situation. I hope we get Leonard Williams or a younger Edge but I could see the possibility of JJ being that Witten type of pickup. Of course bigger role and more money. Depends if JJ wants to get paid or ring chase. 

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

You don’t continue to risk your body and brain to take bargains. Money is always king in this world 

I think him asking for a release clearly shows its not about money but about other things (enjoying your workplace & wanting some succes). 

I also don't think its just about getting a ring, otherwise he would have allready been signed up for a mini 1 year deal at the Bucs.

And even if it is just about the money i would stille expect not much net difference between the best offer and offers from contenders.

Net as in after taxes and taking into account that playing for contenders will improve his chances of continuing to get high $ endorsement deals.

Sure there will be a difference that is massive for 99% of the population, but i would be shocked to see Watt sign with the Jets because he would make $30 mil net in the next 2 years over going to the Packers or Bills for $25 million net.

• Like 1