2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How do you know he's being shopped every year?  Is it because the media says so?  I have news for you, don't believe everything you read...

I think it's more about the lack of endorsement by Gruden and Mayock. 

Trade speculation is going to happen every year. Nothing you can do about that.....except shut it down, which we've failed to do. Notice how quickly Green Bay shut down any talk about Rodgers not being back? 

If Carr had flopped, different story. But he's coming off of pretty much his best season and the brass has yet to really say he's our starter next year (even if it's a little white lie and they look at what Wilson or Watson or whoever would cost). 

When Gruden first came in, the big hoopla was (laughably) "will he want HIS guy" (because Gruden has always found HIS guy, amiright?). 

Then last offseason, there was a bit of a window where Gruden only tacitly endorsed Carr (and that's being a bit generous) going forward to.....

Now this year, there's been little in terms of endorsing him (truthfully or not). Trade offers got turned down, but if front offices around the league weren't of the feeling Carr was possibly available, those likely don't happen. I mean, they could, but if Grudock would for once sit down and talk about the team and Carr in terms of the next 5 years instead of just the following season, that would help change some perceptions (and ironically possibly up his trade value). 

Then again, that would require Gruden and Mayock to have a 5 year plan, and I don't think they can plan for what they did yesterday, much less off into the future. Does Gruden even know what the concept of "the future" is? 

As I'm listening to this I'm starting to feel more and more confident in his ability to be the three technique that we actually need(If he doesn't get hurt) which would mean that really what we need is a nose tackle that can rush the passer to complement him(Where I feel Dalvin Tomlinson fits) A free safety in free agency, And we need someone to play that position that Bruce Irvin Played in seattle which I think we can draft.  

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Raiders fans, is this guy credible?  This is a pretty wild rumor.

This has to be him spitballing. I don't think he's more than a radio personality. Certainly wouldn't have inside information on something like this.

Plus... common sense prevails here. Where would Brees go that's better than New Orleans? They won in spite of him until they couldn't overcome his mistakes in the playoffs. 

Love Brees, but he needs to hang them up. His arm was gone.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 1:57 AM, G said:

Draft has around that same number of quality Safeties in first 3 rounds. Would rather sign FS Hooker and draft one in the 2nd/3rd and let the best man win. If both can ball then Abram will see he better step up. 

Was just saying something similar. Personally I'd like FS Hooker 1 yr/ 3 mil prove it deal before the draft and get the rookie S in 2nd/3rd. If Hooker is stellar and healthy sign him and Abram has a hot seat with a rookie waiting for him to miss time. 

I want a vet pass rusher and DT with Hooker. Draft BPA hopefully LB Parsons would fall to us. Then S in 2nd unless a T fell that we had rated a 1st then get S in 3rd if o=possible and trade up if necessary. 

I agree.... and I think we need quality 3 S’s on this team.... so we can play Abram as a hybrid S/LB.

It’d be great if Parsons fell to us.... I doubt it happens.... his fall has nothing to Do with GMs right not it’s just people like me and you who have a webpage making up Stories to stay relevant and get traffic During a dead time.  

Im just super concerned about Parsons ability to cover.... PSU rarely had him in coverage.... and he is a very good rusher.... but it seems like the scheme hid him from having to cover.  Why?  Did the coaches know he can’t cover well?  I’m not saying that as if it’s a fact... I’m saying it’s a valid question a GM needs to answer before drafting him.

BTW I’m 100% on board with a 2nd round OT.  Miller is gonna get paid soon so we need a cheap rookie Deal RT.

I do Really like the idea of Hooker if we can’t land M.Williams or J.Johnson to be the FS.... but if you sign him you HAVE to go FS By end of day 3 as insurance.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I swear this time of year is the worst time to follow football. There's no games, no camp reports, no real news on new players from the draft or free agency. Just FAKE NEWS from sports writers to fill the gap from the super bowl to the start of free agency 

I pull Away this time of year and just watch Prospect videos.... the more you try to find out info this time of year the more lies your learning and the dumber you become lol.

• Like 1

I'm hoping the front office can free up about 50 million in cap space, they may have to work miracles but I sure hope it can happen.  I feel that we can get a 3rd for Maroita so here is a FA/ Draft wish list and if we could pull this off I'm confident that we would be a playoff contender next season.

Here are the FA's I would target:

Marcus Williams FS 12 per for 4 years

Juju WR 12 per for 3 years 

Carl Lawson DE 9 per for 3 years

Sheldon Rankins DT 8 per for 2 years

Jarrad Davis LB 4 per for 1 year

Solomon Thomas DT 1.5 for 1 year

Tevin Coleman HB 1.5 for 1 year

Kyle Fuller OL 750K for 1 year

Draft:

1. Jaycee Horn CB

2. Davion Nixon DT

3A. Javonte Williams HB

3B. Andre Cisco S

4. Tyler Shelvin DT

QB: Derek Carr, Nate Peterman

RB: Josh Jacobs, Javonte Williams, Tevan Coleman

FB: Alec Ingold

X: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Byan Edwards, Henry Ruggs

Z: Henry Ruggs, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Bryan Edwards

Y: Hunter Renfrow, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Henry Ruggs

TE: Dallen Waller, Foster Moreau

LT: Kolton Miller, Brandon Parker

LG: Richie Incognito, John Simpson

C Rodney Hudson, Kyle Fuller

RG: Gabe Jackson, John Simpson

RT: Denzelle Good, Brandon Parker 

Defense

SDE: Clelin Ferrell, Maxx Crosby, Carl Nassib

DT: Sheldon Rankins, Davion Nixon, Solomon Thomas, David Irving

NT: Tyler Shelvin, Maurice Hurst

WDE: Carl Lawson, Maxx Crosby, Takkarist McKinley

SLB: Jonathan Abram, Tanner Muse

MLB: Nick Kwiatkowski, Jarrad Davis

WLB: Cory Littleton, Jarrad Davis

RCB: Jaycee Horn, Isaiah Johnson, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

LCB: Travon Mullen, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

NB: Damon Arnette, Amik Roberston

SS: Andre Cisco, Jeff Health

FS: Marcus Williams, Andre Cisco

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I pull Away this time of year and just watch Prospect videos.... the more you try to find out info this time of year the more lies your learning and the dumber you become lol.

I haven't paid any attention to all these rumors from insiders. People tried texting me about Wilson lol. When a trade happens, it just comes out of the blue. I haven't even got a chance to look at Day 2 and 3 prospects. Been kinda just waiting to see what happens in free agency. We are getting close to FA

37 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm hoping the front office can free up about 50 million in cap space, they may have to work miracles but I sure hope it can happen.  I feel that we can get a 3rd for Maroita so here is a FA/ Draft wish list and if we could pull this off I'm confident that we would be a playoff contender next season.

Here are the FA's I would target:

Marcus Williams FS 12 per for 4 years

Juju WR 12 per for 3 years 

Carl Lawson DE 9 per for 3 years

Sheldon Rankins DT 8 per for 2 years

Jarrad Davis LB 4 per for 1 year

Solomon Thomas DT 1.5 for 1 year

Tevin Coleman HB 1.5 for 1 year

Kyle Fuller OL 750K for 1 year

Draft:

1. Jaycee Horn CB

2. Davion Nixon DT

3A. Javonte Williams HB

3B. Andre Cisco S

4. Tyler Shelvin DT

QB: Derek Carr, Nate Peterman

RB: Josh Jacobs, Javonte Williams, Tevan Coleman

FB: Alec Ingold

X: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Byan Edwards, Henry Ruggs

Z: Henry Ruggs, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Bryan Edwards

Y: Hunter Renfrow, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Henry Ruggs

TE: Dallen Waller, Foster Moreau

LT: Kolton Miller, Brandon Parker

LG: Richie Incognito, John Simpson

C Rodney Hudson, Kyle Fuller

RG: Gabe Jackson, John Simpson

RT: Denzelle Good, Brandon Parker 

Defense

SDE: Clelin Ferrell, Maxx Crosby, Carl Nassib

DT: Sheldon Rankins, Davion Nixon, Solomon Thomas, David Irving

NT: Tyler Shelvin, Maurice Hurst

WDE: Carl Lawson, Maxx Crosby, Takkarist McKinley

SLB: Jonathan Abram, Tanner Muse

MLB: Nick Kwiatkowski, Jarrad Davis

WLB: Cory Littleton, Jarrad Davis

RCB: Jaycee Horn, Isaiah Johnson, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

LCB: Travon Mullen, Damon Arnette, Keisean Nixon, 

NB: Damon Arnette, Amik Roberston

SS: Andre Cisco, Jeff Health

FS: Marcus Williams, Andre Cisco

we aren't that far from being one of the best young teams in the NFL. we just need to nail free agency and the draft to build to our young core. 

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we aren't that far from being one of the best young teams in the NFL. we just need to nail free agency and the draft to build to our young core. 

Well what I listed as our offseason moves shows that we are a ways off....

4 new interior Dlineman (Rankins, Nixon, Thomas, Shelvin) a new starting DE (Lawson), Abram switching positions, 2 new Safeties Williams and Cisco), a new starting CB (Horn). a new depth LB (Davis), new WR (Juju) and 2 new RB's (Williams and Coleman).  That's a full on revamping but as you can see I made it imperative that we reshape our Dline and we need to pour a lot of resources into doing so.