2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

11 hours ago, Dessie said:

Michael Davis CB Chargers is worth a look  obviously worked with Bradley before and should come at a decent enough price (PFF predicts 1 year $3.5m). Only 26yo. 

At that price, sure. But I don't see why he would be so cheap. He has started 26 of his last 28 games, played at a pretty good level and as you said is only 26. That's worth more than 3.5M to some team.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Except it wasn't because he had higher offers from better caliber teams. Why he chose AZ is anyones guess.

True but that means we can't really come to a conclusion on anyone else that would be available since we're not privy to their motivations.

5 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

At that price, sure. But I don't see why he would be so cheap. He has started 26 of his last 28 games, played at a pretty good level and as you said is only 26. That's worth more than 3.5M to some team.

Seems to be under the radar atm, not seen much about him tbh. What do you think he would get ? 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Except it wasn't because he had higher offers from better caliber teams. Why he chose AZ is anyones guess.

It was the highest. Charles Robinson is about as locked in as it comes and would know more then a local AZ reporter.

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Is the premium your paying for Tomlinson a run stuffing DT worth it when you can resign Hankins for a fraction of the cost. I’m all for moving on from Hankins actually been calling it but Tomlinson will be an extremely expensive replacement to stop the run. 

It’s not necessarily about just stopping the run. It’s the fact that he’s a nose tackle that can pass rush. Those are rare.

19 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Is the premium your paying for Tomlinson a run stuffing DT worth it when you can resign Hankins for a fraction of the cost. I’m all for moving on from Hankins actually been calling it but Tomlinson will be an extremely expensive replacement to stop the run.

We should resign Hankins and sign Tomlinson.  We need all the help on the Dline we can get. Adding both players means we dont have to reach for a DT in the draft, and both are capable starters. Collins, Hurst, Irving,  and a rookie can battle it out for the backups. Need constant rotation anyway to keep them fresh.

• Like 1

Kyle Van Noy interests me a bit as potentially our third LB. He can blitz gaps, rotate to an edge situationally and hold his own as a LB. I think he'd be a good compliment in our scheme to Nick and Corey. He'd play the Bruce Irvin SLB (KJ Wright played it this year) role I would think and some LEO, though I think Maxx would be our primary LEO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

we need to hit the front 7 as many times possible, DT, DE, LB. Give me depth and competition.

just resigned Kendall Vickers, i like it. Hes a solid rotation type.

I'd put CB over LB on positions you need to keep investing on.