What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

I obviously don’t know the guy, but speaking personally, my age 21-25 years were probably the most formative for my social and global outlook of the world. I think it’s very possible that he’s had a similar “lightbulb”-type transformation. 

•  

Its one thing to walk away from a job. But the contractual situation here makes this more than a 'O wow, Amazon bad, I will leave this position'. He signed a contract and should honor that. Make life for the owner miserable, make them suspend you if necessary (Which would be the biggest woke win he could score), but honor the contract. If you dont want to honor it, you should not have signed it. Its the same owner as when he signed. Having a lightbulb moment about social issues doesnt negate his signature. 

The argument that he wasnt mature enough to understand the owners dirtbag'ness, than he isnt mature enough to enter into binding agreements to begin with and should have a ward making his decisions. 

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Its one thing to walk away from a job. But the contractual situation here makes this more than a 'O wow, Amazon bad, I will leave this position'. He signed a contract and should honor that. Make life for the owner miserable, make them suspend you if necessary (Which would be the biggest woke win he could score), but honor the contract. If you dont want to honor it, you should not have signed it. Its the same owner as when he signed. Having a lightbulb moment about social issues doesnt negate his signature. 

The argument that he wasnt mature enough to understand the owners dirtbag'ness, than he isnt mature enough to enter into binding agreements to begin with and should have a ward making his decisions. 

I don’t think I’ve read anything about him not honouring the contract? Certainly that he’s trying to leverage his situation into a trade, but I haven’t read anything about him sitting out next year.

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

How is he not honoring the contract?? Based on the info we have it seems THE TEAM is not honoring what may have been a contractual promise to include him in this process 

More & more it’s becoming clear the issue in HOU is how the org is run.   Andre2K spent 12 years in HOU - again focusing on how Easterby is running the org.    I can’t believe ppl want to paint Watson as the problem for being upset here.    It’s how the org is run that’s created the issue.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

It seemed to me that Mitch played well down the stretch there. 

Total and complete mirage - CHI played MIN,DET, HOU, JAX & GB for the stretch run with Trubisky at the helm - DET, HOU & JAX with the 30th, 31st & 32nd pass D's, and MIN without their pass rushers and 2 of 3 top CB's.   When they played GB,  Tru was his usual pedestrian self - less than 6 YPA, 3 TD / 4 TO's, and play that frankly stilted their O.   Same story vs. NO (although to his credit, one dropped TD by Wims, but point being decent to very good D's just exposed who he is).    And that's in a strech run where David Montgomery was a top 5 RB production-wise.    When you actually watched him play - same old Trubisky - slow processing times, has to see the WR get open to pull the trigger - and awful ball placement & accuracy.   

As much as Lock has a lot of Q marks, Trubisky has none - he has 4 years of this, this is a finished product.   He needs a complete mechanical overhaul and his processing skills haven't progressed.  That's not the answer.   CHI's 5-1 start has put their fanbase in purgatory for another year with Pace/Nagy at the helm.     Their 3-2 finish is a total mirage O-wise and QB-wise.    

A hard pass on Trubisky.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd rather call about jalen hurts then Watson think there's a high ceiling, high floor, he won't break the bank. And they're coddling Wentz bc they gave him all that money.

PHI's cap situation pretty much dictates that they keep Hurts.   He's nowhere even close to a finished product, and his flaws are still significant (but his running skills combined with Sanders, it presents a way for PHI to implement a BAL-style O that can create a lot of problems, while he learns).  But he's dirt-cheap.   That's why GM Roseman drafted him - as 2021 insurance if Wentz got hurt, or regressed (I don't think anyone, even Roseman, thought it would be 2020 when Hurts would even see the field, let alone start)..    He's probably the only reason Roseman still has a job - so it's pretty far-fetched to see PHI trade him.    They're far, far more likely to deal Wentz.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

They're far, far more likely to deal Wentz

I don't think so not with that contract it has also come out The owner fired doug because he wanted to roll with Hurts. I think them both on the roster creates a circus tbh. Something has to give.

35 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't think so not with that contract it has also come out The owner fired doug because he wanted to roll with Hurts. I think them both on the roster creates a circus tbh. Something has to give.

Roseman thought QB was enough of a need, and thought enough of Hurts, to make him a top 55 pick last year, and he’s still calling the shots. I’d be shocked if Hurts was moved unless a team REALLY believed in him and offered a first rounder plus.

Man, I keep seeing mocks with the Broncos taking Trey Lance.  He looks like a great playmaker who with his youth fits with the youth movement on the offensive side of the ball, and could change the dynamic of the Broncos.  He almost looks like a better version of Dante Culpepper, was Paton there when they drafted Culpepper?  

28 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Roseman thought QB was enough of a need, and thought enough of Hurts, to make him a top 55 pick last year, and he’s still calling the shots. I’d be shocked if Hurts was moved unless a team REALLY believed in him and offered a first rounder plus.

I don't think Roseman accounted for the regression of Wentz so much. The owner clearly picked Wentz and that's why Pederson was fired. That's coming straight from Troy Aikman things change imo