Scenarios

dll2000

Which scenario would you choose and why?   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario would you choose and why?

• Bears lose close to Packers, get in playoffs anyway, then lose badly in first round. Pace/Nagy let go at end of season.
    • Bears lose close to Packers, get in playoffs anyway, win out to meet Packers in NFC championship and get crushed. Pace/Nagy gets extended.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I see option three...Bears lose to Packers...finish 8-8 and miss out on playoffs...Pace & Nagy are still kept on and given another chance to find the right QB.

Based on what I'm seeing in the media (a lot of that being positive Bears reporting)...there's a fourth option. 8-8, miss the playoffs, everybody stays. Except for MAYBE Phillips and Pace. No new QB is needed. (The organization's thinking, not mine.)

27 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

What if we beat the packers and make the playoffs?  How far do we go?  One and done?  Win one game?  Super Bowl champions(it's happened before)

They most likely lose their first game. But this late resurgence has been so weird, that's kind of tricky to handicap. 

If the Bears beat the Packers and the Cards, Hawks and Saints all win then the Bears get #6 and would play the #3 Packers in the WC. 

Saints would be #1 and Hawks would be #2 since both teams hold the tie-breaker over the Packers. Conf win % and common opponents, respectively.

Just another reason to win. Not that I'm confident in that happening. 

That said, I see options 4, 5, 6. 

--Bears win, get the 6th seed, and then play the Packers again the following week in the WC round at Lambeau where we lose. Pace/Nagy get one more year. 

--Bears lose, get the 7th seed, then beat the Saints or Hawks and then lose to the Packers. Pace/Nagy get one more year. 

--Mitch plays his *** off, Bears win, and make it all the way to the NFCCG and then we sign and trade Mitch while his value is at it's highest.  Pace/Nagy get one more year. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

I'd rather #2 I think?

Despite how much I rag on them sometimes I'd like for Pace & Nagy to succeed and getting to the NFC championship would warrant both coming back.

Also I'm always going to cheer for my team to win as many games as possible in the playoffs.

What's the point of cheering for them to lose ? 

• Like 1

It's been brought to my attention (under center podcast) that Mitch basically hasn't beaten a team that ended the season in the playoffs with a winning record, since 2018... and he played terribly in that game.

We lose Sunday, I don't care whether we make the playoffs, we're losing that too in the first round.

I hope to hell Nagy and Pace aren't retained, and if Wilson is still there at 3-4, sell the farm and go up to get him. 

I won't believe this team can actually beat a decent team until I see it happen, let alone consistently enough to make a playoff run.  Also, Pagano is rapidly becoming our worst coach, and that kind of says something.

Edited by Epyon

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If you thoughts the cost for Khalil Mack was ridiculous, wait until you see what it'd take to move up that high.

At least a move up like that would be for the future of the franchise, though. Not a Mack-like, "we're winning the Super Bowl next year!" kind of trade. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

At least a move up like that would be for the future of the franchise, though. Not a Mack-like, "we're winning the Super Bowl next year!" kind of trade. 

Right. As long as the trade gets a franchise QB it would be well worth it. 15 years of mostly great play is well worth 3 1sts and a smattering of other picks. 

If the guy busts then wow, its gonna suck. But the GM and HC have to have the balls to go get the guy they'll tie themselves too. Otherwise sit where you are or trade back and take the best swing you can. I have no issues with the trade for Tru, I have the issue with the pick being underwhelming after 4 years. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 3:33 PM, Madmike90 said:

I see option three...Bears lose to Packers...finish 8-8 and miss out on playoffs...Pace & Nagy are still kept on and given another chance to find the right QB.

It wasn't a prediction.  Just a thought exercise.