Packers LT David Bakhtiari believed to have suffered torn ACL

.Buzz

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

True, my Packers fan friend had mentioned Jenkins as the best in his mind, I don’t watch enough Packers games to have a legit ‘opinion’ over who is the best of your elite pack, but absolutely.

Hopefully you guys will be able to field at least a capable replacement. Looks like your likeliest 1st round matchup is the Bucs... and I certainly will be rooting for you guys in that game, for sure. Hopefully you guys can pull it through.

Gotcha.  Like I said, all three have been excellent, but Linsley has been 'I'm a FA after this year' excellent.

Linsley just got back from a sprained MCL, so at least we won't be down both guys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Gotcha.  Like I said, all three have been excellent, but Linsley has been 'I'm a FA after this year' excellent.

Linsley just got back from a sprained MCL, so at least we won't be down both guys.

Y'all just need to take care of business against the Bears and get that bye week. It'll give you extra time to compensate for the loss of Bakhtiari. I say this as somebody who has nothing to gain from your victory over the Bears. *whistles innocently* 😉

Let me preface this by saying this sucks, is a loss, and a huge morale gut punch... HOWEVA

I don't think this will have as big an impact as one would think given DB is the consensus best LT in all of football. OL is always about the sum of its' parts, and the weakest link rather than the strongest link is what determines how well an OL ultimately functions. So the big concern isn't so much the loss of an all-pro level tackle, rather it's do you have anyone behind him that is just good enough to get by? Based on what we've seen, I'd say that answer is a resounding yes. Whether it's Wagner or Turner at the LT and the other at RT, you've got a solid LT. I guess Jenkins is a possibility too, and you just slide everyone. 

Now the timing is definitely brutal. There is no time for tune-ups games or low stakes chemistry building, you're entering a game with the 1 seed on the line and then it's the postseason, but all things considered this makes me knock the Packers SB odds by maybe 1%.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all just need to take care of business against the Bears and get that bye week. It'll give you extra time to compensate for the loss of Bakhtiari. I say this as somebody who has nothing to gain from your victory over the Bears. *whistles innocently* 😉

God, I hope we do.  Wagner would be back at full strength and could at least shore up RT.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I’m going to assume it’s because you want to make the playoffs and not because you want to hurt me.