GDT: Wildcard Playoffs: Ravens @ Titans

TitanLegend

13 points. 13. The d showed up and the offense didn’t. There is a lot of blame to go around. I thought it was a game we could absolutely win, but potentially lose. I hate to react so quick, but honestly my feelings are that I question if Tannehill can be that guy. I think it has to be too perfect around him to go on a run to win the Super Bowl. This feeling sucks , but my mind was ready for it. I didn’t see anything but why was CD not playing at the end?

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

they were begging us to run play action passes on early downs and arthur just flat-out refused to for most of the game. when we did, we had success. just no earthly idea what he was doing today.

it's hard to know whether this conservative grind-it-out bull**** we revert to in the playoffs is an arthur smith thing or a mike vrabel thing. if it's a vrabel thing, we're screwed.

It’s an Arthur thing. It’s an Arthur thing all year, the run just worked well enough throughout the season that we didn’t get punished for it.

I love Derrick, but I hope the next OC tries to keep him a lot closer to 280-300 carries.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

they were begging us to run play action passes on early downs and arthur just flat-out refused to for most of the game. when we did, we had success. just no earthly idea what he was doing today.

it's hard to know whether this conservative grind-it-out bull**** we revert to in the playoffs is an arthur smith thing or a mike vrabel thing. if it's a vrabel thing, we're screwed.

Or spread it out. Firkser was killing them. 
No boot, read option with Tanny. 
They weren't going to let Henry have any room. 

Don't see how you can feed AJ early so often then just go away from him.

Just now, titans0021 said:

It’s an Arthur thing. It’s an Arthur thing all year, the run just worked well enough throughout the season that we didn’t get punished for us.

I love Derrick, but I hope the next OC tried to keep him a lot closer to 280-300 carries.

i hope you're right and i hope we hire outside the organization if and when arthur leaves. what i worry is that the "establish the run" mandate comes from vrabel.

The fact that we threw it Raymond in that situation is beyond me. With Davis not in you would think Tanny would automatically be looking at AJ since he’s the best WR on the field. can’t blame it all on Tanny but he missed a big one. 

Art definitely called scared today. With Jonnu in the back field I actually thought we would run him like we used to.

We didn’t run any boots or anything to get Tanny in space. Playcalling was so predictable today 

Edited by 615finest

Despite the disappoining end, this has been another good season. A strange, as strange as we probably will get to see at least in a while, but a good season. We further established ourselves as contenders in the AFC, and perhaps most importantly, we finally won back the division.

It's clear we need help at some positions, mainly, I'd say, WR and DL, but we continue on the right path.

Perhaps this game might also scare some teams away from Arthur, who hasn't called his best game, for sure, but remains one of the brightest assets of our organization.

Anyway, hats off to the Baltimore D, and couldn't wait for next season, hopefully set in a post-COVID world.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

i hope you're right and i hope we hire outside the organization if and when arthur leaves. what i worry is that the "establish the run" mandate comes from vrabel.

That’s my concern also. Vrabel still has a bit of the old school mentality of establishing the run, so I think he’s going to get a OC who has that same way of thinking.

This is going to be another interesting offseason. Robinson and Vrabel have some critical decisions ahead that will make or break the next few seasons.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

That’s my concern also. Vrabel still has a bit of the old school mentality of establishing the run, so I think he’s going to get a OC who has that same way of thinking.

This is going to be another interesting offseason. Robinson and Vrabel have some critical decisions ahead that will make or break the next few seasons.

I really want to believe he wants to win however he can. 
Henry has been our most dangerous weapon when it comes to full team performance. 
Henry kept our bad defense off the field. Kept the best phase of our team on the field (offense).

If we build this out and have some more consistent WR weapons outside of Brown and an offensive line that is healthy and strong then maybe we can be more balanced philosophy wise. 

But it's no doubt that we just didn't do jack offensively with some bad playcalls. Predictable and ineffective. 

Man we have some devastating snap shot images in our Titans history 

Kevin Dyson goal line stand

Eddie letting the ball get tipped off of him getting pick in the 00 playoffs

CJ getting ankle locked

Crumpler fumbling at the goal line 

Play clock at 0 when Flacco completes the big 3rd down 

Mahomes running through the Titans D before the half last year 

Now we get to add AJ Brown a top receiver in all of football running wide open down the side line while we throw to little Khalif Raymond as he’s falling down for no reason to end our season