2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

12 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This is true - who is the last good player we drafted? Lane? That was was 8 years ago. 

Miles

Goedert

Wentz

Seumalo

Hicks

Allen

Ertz

Logan

Logan and Ertz was the same draft as Lane, but later. You can argue Seumalo isn't THAT good, but he's become pretty solid IMO

11 hours ago, Scalamania said:

You said you couldn't think of another one. I provided you with another one. Not sure what else you're looking for. 

Not looking for anything.. was just saying theres not many. Not everything is suppose to be read in a nasty tone lol.  I appreciated another but just was saying it still stands because there's not many of them. It's such a stupid reason to write off players and they definitely do it. 

After Andy we never really had a shot at tons of players because they're not well spoken and the greatest citizens. 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

11 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not looking for anything.. was just saying there not many. Not everything is suppose to be read in a nasty tone lol.  I appreciated another but just was saying it still stands because there's not many of them. It's such a stupid reason to write off players and they definitely do it. 

After Andy we never really had a shot at tons of players because they're not well spoken and the greatest citizens. 

I agree with you. If they aren't valedictorian or humanitarian leaders we aren't drafting them which is really dumb. It's okay to factor those traits into the equation, but it shouldn't be what you're hanging your hat on lol. It's been that way for too long now. Which tells you Devonta Smith will probably be high on our board, which is fine, but it'll also cause some dogs to fall down or completely off our draft board.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Besides Agholor, the only ex-eagles doing well are DB's. I think it's more of a reflection on Schwartz. And i still don't think agholor is great. He's a nice big play threat, but doesn't get consistently open. A poor man's D Jax. Ultimately, Howie drafts like crap and our coaches don't develop players.

I think Darby was the only corner that played well after he left here. Jones and Douglas finished with pass ratings against over 100 I read. 

2 hours ago, T-rade said:

Miles

Goedert

Wentz

Seumalo

Hicks

Allen

Ertz

Logan

Logan and Ertz was the same draft as Lane, but later. You can argue Seumalo isn't THAT good, but he's become pretty solid IMO

Seumalo isn't that good but also sadly the 3rd best player Howie has drafted since he got the job back. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Seumalo isn't that good but also sadly the 3rd best player Howie has drafted since he got the job back. 

Doesn't he grade out well above average? I was arguing whether to include him or not. Also if he define good as All-Pro good the initial point still stands about not drafting anybody since Lane

1 minute ago, T-rade said:

Doesn't he grade out well above average? I was arguing whether to include him or not. Also if he define good as All-Pro good the initial point still stands about not drafting anybody since Lane

Well I mean if you say Lane is the last great player the eagles drafted then yeah that's true. 

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Well I mean if you say Lane is the last great player the eagles drafted then yeah that's true. 

I was responding to 

18 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This is true - who is the last good player we drafted? Lane? That was was 8 years ago. 

And we have plenty of good, but not on Lane's level.

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Well I was mostly just making a point that Howie sucks. If Seumalo si the third best player you've drafted in the last 5 years you suck at drafting.

Wasn't ranking them by quality, but in order, newest to oldest, I'm not an idiot, lol

But Howie IS bad, not arguing against that