2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’m honestly shocked Lurie and Howie didn’t pull this.

Damn imagine being Jim Caldwell and being told you're being passed over for HC by a guy who was on their practice squad/active roster that year

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Highly touted QB goes #2 overall, has 1 incredible year largely based on RPO/non traditional plays, gets injured and regresses to the point that he cant even read a defense?

You guys have RG3.

I meant more along the lines that no one has ever been fixed before so that just helps prove my point. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Does Dallas even have a QB under contract for 2021? Red Riffle? Gimpy two step at $40M? Curious?

He'll be franchised again. It'll cost them $36.9 Million 

Not counting Dak, they currently have $14M in cap space this season. I don't see any easy cuts or restructures at a glance either.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:09 PM, Scalamania said:

We'll never know but my assumption is it was either Peters or Lane because I don't think Kelce would say anything and I don't think anyone else on the line has earned the right to throw that sort of suggestion around.

Why can’t it be Kelce? I think he would speak up if its hurting the team. Lane and Peters were in/out the lineup. 

On 1/21/2021 at 8:06 AM, eagles18 said:

I think the first 4 years of his career he's proved he is the guy. Let's forget about 2017 for a moment. in 2019, he threw for 27 touchdowns and 7 interceptions and dealt with several injuries at skill positions. 4000 thousand yards to mostly practice squad level players. In fact, he's thrown no more than 7 picks in 2017, 2018, and 2019. 

When i say scheme for this guy, i mean design and call plays that cater to his arm strength and mobility. Doug Pederson hardly ever called plays where it took Carson out of the pocket and all of us know he is better mobile passer than he is in the pocket. Even though he struggled this past year, he completed several 40+ throws to young players. John Hightower being the main one and he just stopped seeing field time as did Travis Fulgham, who was developing nice chemistry with Wentz.Not only did Pederson call wack passing plays, he never committed to the run when he has an emerging superstar in Miles Sanders. An effective run game would've been nice to have to counter the constant pressure Wentz faced because defenses knew our offensive line wasn't at full strength. 

Carson didn’t prove anything his rookie year. 2017 was an anomaly (look at the teams rushing stats). We jumped on teams early and played well enough down the stretch. 

2019 was a major step for him playing 16 games, 600 attempts with a bunch of guys. By far his best year IMO. 

As far as Carson’s attributes I can’t agree that his deep ball accuracy is something to brag on. IMO his best attribute is a play off script. After that is probably PA from under center, which I believe is something that wasn’t utilized enough. 

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

So...are we probably going to trade Hurts? Hard to see him and Wentz getting along (mostly because Carson is an entitled ******).

Yeah, its definitely possible. I hadn't thought of it until the other day listening to the Locked On Eagles podcast. The host on there I believe said if the plan is to go all in on Wentz you kinda have to trade Hurts. In a vacuum just pretending you're Howie it might be worth it to do if you are seriously behind Wentz. I don't like the idea of going all in on Carson at all, but it seems like that's what Roseman (Lurie too?) have decided on.