Jaguars hiring Urban Meyer as HC

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Now that he is hired, my guess is that he may have been using that as a bargaining position to get some of the concessions he did from ownership for such things as pay for his assistants, upgrading the facilities, etc.

I do agree with you here.  If you know a company really wants to hire you, you leverage that to getting everything you can out of them.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Maybe I will be.  I will eat crow if I am.

He won't have the massive talent advantage he had in college, he hasn't shown he ability to develop a QB who could play at the NFL level, he isn't exactly going to a functional franchise, and he has left high-pressure jobs for health reasons before.

We will see if he can overcome those issues.  I doubt it though.

Fair enough.  We'll see.  I'll eat crow if I'm ever wrong.  I wonder what crow tastes like?  :D

• Like 1

Man, I don't care what any of you say. I am hyped to the moon. This is the first time in Jaguars history that we didn't have to settle for a coach no one else wanted because that was the only guy who would take the job. And we got the crown jewel of the last couple cycles; the big name that everyone assumed wouldn't make the jump to the NFL made the jump for us. 

Feels great.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm really happy for you Uncle Buck. You've suffered a lot as a Jags fan but it's nice things are finally looking up for you. 

xD  My happiness may come from a different source, but I'm still happy because:

EjhpdRA.jpg

Edit:  I should also note that I cheered a team on to 30 playoff losses (including 4 Super Bowls and 6 NFCCG losses) with no championships to show for it over the last 50 years.  It's not like I haven't paid my dues in other ways as a football fan.  There is no doubt that long time Jaguars fans have paid their dues and deserve some good things to happen to them.  At the same time, the Minnesota Vikings have been a source of WAY more heartbreak for me over the years than the Timberwolves have with their perennial losing.  Both situations are bad.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

Dude, you flipped teams. If that's not eating crow, it's close.

I guess if you want to look at it that way.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I usually think of "eating crow" in terms of making incorrect predictions.  When the hometown team you naturally started cheering for as a kid doesn't win, I don't really think of it as something to be ashamed of.  It just is what it is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I guess if you want to look at it that way.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I usually think of "eating crow" in terms of making incorrect predictions.  When the hometown team you naturally started cheering for as a kid doesn't win, I don't really think of it as something to be ashamed of.  It just is what it is.  Now, if the Jags go down in flames, then I would probably be due for a good serving of that ugly black bird.