Future QB Discussion

G08

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

There are a hundred moving parts to this thing, which IMO makes it all the more likely Pace opts for a controlled outcome to our QB dilemma via trade vs. waiting til draft day when the FA and trade options are (probably) all gone and potentially ending up left out or, perhaps even worse, putting himself in the position where he HAS to win a bidding war to move up to avoid missing out. 

I agree that it would point towards him getting something done sooner, rather than later. However, is he going to fixate on Wentz? I mean...that could well end in a bidding war on that front, too. The Colts don't need a whole lot more to be a legitimate contender. Their draft picks aren't nearly as important to them. Ballard's a better GM, too, so if he sees certain problems with his team, he's far more likely to be able to figure out how to properly address them. 

What a mess...

14 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Dang that seems like a... fair price actually.  

If not, it's certainly in the vicinity. It'll boil down to whether Watson wants to play there (if the rumor is true). There are some pretty good receivers in Carolina. Plus, Brady isn't going to play forever, and Atlanta and New Orleans may both be looking at (at least) partial re-builds. It could be a good destination for him. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Pitts is a freak but I think he’s gonna be LONG gone by 20. I wouldn’t be terribly opposed to adding his teammate Kedarius Toney though if we don’t go OT there (my high preference).

I’m a big fan of Teven Jenkins at 20. He’s more experienced at RT than LT (though he’s played both) and I think his skill set fits best at RT, but he’s got a lot of nasty to his game. 

We dont have a shot at Pitts. Unless he has a bongmask he'll be a top 12 pick imo. Toney is someone I would love to snag, he's athletic and explosive. We need that badly. 

I'm still going for QB and OT in the first 2 rounds and another OT in the 3rd. Maybe we get 2 starters as bookends or get a starting OT and OG out of it. 

We can get some depth at WR cheaper if ARob leaves and while we wont have a number one it will force the QB to spread the ball around rather than forcing the ball to someone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

We dont have a shot at Pitts. Unless he has a bongmask he'll be a top 12 pick imo. Toney is someone I would love to snag, he's athletic and explosive. We need that badly. 

I'm still going for QB and OT in the first 2 rounds and another OT in the 3rd. Maybe we get 2 starters as bookends or get a starting OT and OG out of it. 

We can get some depth at WR cheaper if ARob leaves and while we wont have a number one it will force the QB to spread the ball around rather than forcing the ball to someone. 

Toney has a lot of Deebo Samuel to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

The Colts can offer the better package--without blinking an eye. It's also said Wentz prefers Indy (and, I mean, really...why wouldn't he?).

He can prefer it all he wants. I'd be more than fine with him not coming to Bears... really

The more stuff I hear about Wentz the more I think he's too soft to play QB in this league 

If he can't handle the pressure playing in a city like Philly then he's got no shot in a place like Chicago

We don't need players with a sissy attitude 

• Like 1