Falcons hired Arthur Smith as Head Coach

ACO

From people within the Titans organization, for Falcons fans...

"The dude knows what he is doing, he understands football. Arthur will be a head coach one day." -Delanie Walker

“Arthur would do a great job. I've got a lot of respect for Arthur. Arthur's always done the best job in the job that he's had, hasn't worked telephones and tried to undercut anybody. He's always come to work. I have a lot of trust in Arthur as a person, first and foremost. I know he'd do a fantastic job leading anybody's team."-Mike Vrabel

“Arthur deserves everything that he gets. He's done a fantastic job being a motivatior, an instructor, teaching everybody the offense and the way it needs to be played. He really deserves everything that he gets. It will definitely be a big loss to this team to lose him. He was always teaching us about the growth mindset, so why would be limit his growth because of our own selfish desires? I hope that he does get a head coaching job somewhere. I think he deserves that. I think that is the next step in his evolution as a coach.”-Rodger Saffold

“Arthur is a great coach all the way around. Everything that you look for in a coach and a leader and a great offensive mind he does a good job with. I'd love to have Art back, but if he does get a job it's well deserved."-Ryan Tannehill

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Forge said:

People are still talking about how it's the most efficient scheme in the game. Ted Nguyen just did an article on this, actually. What it does for your QB is absurd. 

I wish I could you more football likes for mentioning Ted Nguyen 👍

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

What do they do with the 4th pick? Is it out of the realm to grab a Qb to sit behind Ryan? I assume this would be the best chance of getting a top rated prospect at qb then in the future if he is expected to turn the offense around this year or is it best to go after guys like OT Sewell or LB Parsons to build off what they already have?

If the staff feels like a franchise QB is available at 4 they take him and would be insane not to. 

QB is by far the hardest and most important position to lock down.

If they hit on a QB the window opens from just a few years with Ryan to nearly two decades with the new guy.

It's not like ATL is knocking on the door of a Superbowl. Team has quite a few holes, especially on defense. 

Start building for the future and have a plan in place to move on from Matt.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

What do they do with the 4th pick? Is it out of the realm to grab a Qb to sit behind Ryan? I assume this would be the best chance of getting a top rated prospect at qb then in the future if he is expected to turn the offense around this year or is it best to go after guys like OT Sewell or LB Parsons to build off what they already have?

I think all options are on the table, personally. If they went QB, I wouldn't be shocked. If they traded down, I wouldn't be shocked. If they went in a direction other than QB, I wouldn't be shocked. I said it earlier, but they can really go any which way in terms of franchise direction and it would make some semblance of sense. If they wanted to start the reset? Okay, I get it. If they wanted to run it back under this new regime with Ryan and Julio for the next two years and see if they can right the ship? I'd get that too. 

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Unless we're missing something, the "Shanahan offense" seems to be a bit antiquated compared to some of the high-flying passing schemes being employed by other teams in this era.  It IS effective, but in my experience as a Vikings fan, I always got the impression that they could score more points and possibly win more games if they utilized their expensive QB and two very talented receivers more.

Aren’t you a jags fan?

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

From people within the Titans organization, for Falcons fans...

"The dude knows what he is doing, he understands football. Arthur will be a head coach one day." -Delanie Walker

“Arthur would do a great job. I've got a lot of respect for Arthur. Arthur's always done the best job in the job that he's had, hasn't worked telephones and tried to undercut anybody. He's always come to work. I have a lot of trust in Arthur as a person, first and foremost. I know he'd do a fantastic job leading anybody's team."-Mike Vrabel

“Arthur deserves everything that he gets. He's done a fantastic job being a motivatior, an instructor, teaching everybody the offense and the way it needs to be played. He really deserves everything that he gets. It will definitely be a big loss to this team to lose him. He was always teaching us about the growth mindset, so why would be limit his growth because of our own selfish desires? I hope that he does get a head coaching job somewhere. I think he deserves that. I think that is the next step in his evolution as a coach.”-Rodger Saffold

“Arthur is a great coach all the way around. Everything that you look for in a coach and a leader and a great offensive mind he does a good job with. I'd love to have Art back, but if he does get a job it's well deserved."-Ryan Tannehill

Love hearing this. I remember reading Matt LaFleur loved him as well and wanted to bring him to GB to be his OC.

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm starting to worry about Bienemy.  Is his team's success going prevent him from getting enough interviews to be hired?  For example, I heard that the Texans would like to interview him but because he will probably be making a deep playoff run, they might not have the luxury of being able to wait to interview him, as they could miss out on everybody else if they do.

Yeah it's concerning. I said like a week ago I'm going to lose my mind if somebody doesn't hire him and Mahomes said pretty much the same thing a couple days ago. He has pretty much everything working for him you could possibly want for a HC candidate. His players and peers love him, he's been around a lot of the best minds of the game for the past 5 years, he says all the right things and knows how rare a HC job is.

I guess some idiots now think being from the Andy Reid coaching tree is a bad thing, like all of the remaining coaches in the playoffs didn't fall from it.

It's whatever were going to keep stacking championships with Bienemy, he just seems like a dude owners will make up any reason not to hire.

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Patriots fans may have been smug, we may have been intolerable, we even have been deluded...but I honestly can't remember any of us ever recommending a team hire our OC as a head coach.

You would've if that OC getting hired got your team two tradeable 3rd round picks as a result of the updated Rooney rule.