Chargers hire DC Brandon Staley as HC

.Buzz

HC in the playoffs since 2018, for those that say that it doesn't matter if it's an Offensive or Defensive minded HC:

Offense - 23

Defense - 11

Neither (counting Harbaugh and Tomlin)- 4

Tomorrow I'll go back a bit longer, but this isn't even close.

13 hours ago, kramxel said:

HC in the playoffs since 2018, for those that say that it doesn't matter if it's an Offensive or Defensive minded HC:

Offense - 23

Defense - 11

Tomlin should be counted as defense though. And I think 2018 is kind of an arbitrary cutoff point.

Edit: And yes, I know that it’s an offensive league so it doesn’t surprise me that there are more offensive coaches who get hired and who make it to the playoffs.

Edited by Xenos

18 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Edit: And yes, I know that it’s an offensive league so it doesn’t surprise me that there are more offensive coaches who get hired and who make it to the playoffs.

This was the point I was going to ask/add. What's the ratio of O to D coaches overall?

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This was the point I was going to ask/add. What's the ratio of O to D coaches overall?

2020 appears to have been 19 O, 11 D, and 2 ST/Other (Harbaugh and Judge) so 59.4% of the league is more offensive minded coaches compared to 34.4% being more defensive minded.

13 hours ago, kramxel said:

Offense - 23

Defense - 11

Putting Tomlin on defense...

23/38 or 60.5% O

12/38 or 31.5% D

3/38 or 8% Other

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

2020 appears to have been 19 O, 11 D, and 2 ST/Other (Harbaugh and Judge) so 59.4% of the league is more offensive minded coaches compared to 34.4% being more defensive minded.

So it almost seems to make NO difference... ?

It's not perfect because I only pulled 2020's coach list, but it's interesting. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kirill said:

He brushed elbows with McVay so he gets the job over Bienemy.

tbf McVay is some kind of genius. Bienemy is good but he does have the GOAT-elect to work with. McVay makes the playoffs with fauntleroy at QB. Maybe he's sprinkled this DC guy with his gold dust 

Edited by BigTrav

On 1/19/2021 at 1:13 PM, El Ramster said:

50k/5k a year if you want to make payments. you get to own them for a while lol. 

12k is for 2 seats... They’re really good seats. Who knows I’ll throw him a kiss. Basically 17k a year for those seats. 

Deff worth it. And those are cheap. Thank god we don’t have die hard fans... Also, you saying mental! I can picture you being Youngblood wearing of those crazy outfits. 

I've not a clue who Youngblood is, I'm afraid.

But there is only one way to say the word mental.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJKqbVxgaU&t=83s

• Like 1