DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

Just now, DannyB said:

AB missing this game is pretty big I think

Yeh, the announcers didn't bother to talk about it during the game as if it wasn't a big deal at all but Brady wanted AB there for a reason and he struggled without him. It's not a coincidence TB went on a run with AB playing at a high level.

SM adds another dimension to the deep passing game but with the weather plus the wind it'll be naturally harder to connect on throws deep unless you got Rodgers' big arm.

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kind of a similar situation to last year for the Packers where they face a team in the conference cship game that whooped on them pretty good in the regular season. So Packers fans, are you guys feeling more confident this year or about the same? One plus is obviously having this game at home and the offense just flat out being better in year two of the s

way more confident.  That doesn't mean I think it's a guaranteed win or anything, but I expect us to be in the game in the 4th quarter.  I don't think anyone thought we were on the same level as the Niners last year, and that was proven within about 6 minutes of game time in the NFCCG. 

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

way more confident.  That doesn't mean I think it's a guaranteed win or anything, but I expect us to be in the game in the 4th quarter.  I don't think anyone thought we were on the same level as the Niners last year, and that was proven within about 6 minutes of game time in the NFCCG. 

Agreed. I thought the Packers were a paper tiger last year. I don't think they're like, one of the best teams ever this year, or even the best team in the league, but they're a more sound all-around team and Rodgers looks MUCH more comfortable in the offense. Furthermore, that Niners team was a wagon, even with a subpar Garoppolo. It's really just the Brady factor that worries me about the Bucs. That's certainly not nothing, but I feel WAY better than last year. That's not a guarantee, it just means I'm pretty sure we'll lose rather than 100% positive we'll lose.

5 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Got it, but I do recall quite a bit of Packers fans last year that still thought they would win and the regular season meeting was kind of a fluke. But that could just be the typical homerism every fanbase has.

Rodgers is going to have to be pretty special and I can't wait to see this match up! Should be fun. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Got it, but I do recall quite a bit of Packers fans last year that still thought they would win and the regular season meeting was kind of a fluke. But that could just be the typical homerism every fanbase has.

Rodgers is going to have to be pretty special and I can't wait to see this match up! Should be fun. 

Yeah looking through that old game thread.....the vast majority of Packer fans expected a loss.  

And fully agreed, if the Packers want to win Rodgers has to be elite.  The offense sure looked good against the Rams, but the Donald injury creates a question mark for sure. 

15 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Yeah looking through that old game thread.....the vast majority of Packer fans expected a loss.  

And fully agreed, if the Packers want to win Rodgers has to be elite.  The offense sure looked good against the Rams, but the Donald injury creates a question mark for sure. 

To be honest, the Niners had success against the Rams as well and the first meeting had Jimmy with a hobbled ankle and the second meeting was with Mullens. Rodgers is on a completely different level but that offensive scheme proved to have success against the Rams all season. Not all that surprised, but of course Donald being hobbled really hurt the defense as he is what makes everything happen up front. Even with him healthy the Rams would have had a hard time stopping your offense. Different type of game against the Bucs since they will limit the run game. Rodgers will have to win this game, and likely will have to win it in the 4th quarter. Game should be tight throughout. 

Antonio Brown being out just can’t be understated. I don’t think it’s a nail in the coffin loss, but I think GBs chances just went from 60% to 70%+.

AB was really good on the quick outs and is a big weapon on the short/intermediate game that Brady thrives in. 

With Arians already being a pretty awful play caller and not going towards Brady’s strengths, along with the weather making deep passes very difficult, I expect some serious struggles from the offense.

If TB wins I think it’s on the back of its defense coming up with another gem like last week.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Completely disagree. On paper at least, I don't think Rodgers has to go out and put everything on his back and drop dime after dime 40 yards downfield. I think it's more important that he play like he did most of last weekend: Patient, calm, taking what the defense opens up, playing within the offense. I think he went on tilt last time these two teams played because he threw a pick 6 and his receiver coughed up a fumble. I think if both sides of the ball for the Packers simply, not to be cliché, "play their game", we SHOULD be okay. Rodgers has to just stay collected and patient rather than trying to win the game in the 1st quarter.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Completely disagree. On paper at least, I don't think Rodgers has to go out and put everything on his back and drop dime after dime 40 yards downfield. I think it's more important that he play like he did most of last weekend: Patient, calm, taking what the defense opens up, playing within the offense. I think he went on tilt last time these two teams played because he threw a pick 6 and his receiver coughed up a fumble. I think if both sides of the ball for the Packers simply, not to be cliché, "play their game", we SHOULD be okay. Rodgers has to just stay collected and patient rather than trying to win the game in the 1st quarter.

I mean being pretty special isn't asking for him to drop 40 yard dimes play after play. But he's going to have to make some big time plays in certain situations and possibly lead a clutch drive for the win. The run game is likely to be contained so it will come down to how good Rodgers and the rest of the crew are in the passing game. He's going to have to play a clean game for sure but I just suspect this being a tight game late and one of these QBs having to drive it down the field to win. 

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Antonio Brown being out just can’t be understated. I don’t think it’s a nail in the coffin loss, but I think GBs chances just went from 60% to 70%+.

AB was really good on the quick outs and is a big weapon on the short/intermediate game that Brady thrives in. 

I don't think it's as much a tangible loss. Like, if AB wasn't on the team at all I think they'd be in the same position pretty much, they never should have brought him in. That said, for whatever mind-boggling reason, Tom weirdo Brady LOVES him. I think when other things aren't working he keys in on AB as a security blanket.

Again I don't think it SHOULD make a difference, they have more than enough weapons in plenty of varieties. But Tom is just very comfortable with him being out there.