NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I don’t mind the penalty if they called it close all game. They didn’t call **** all game then decided to at the end

I agree. 100% they let them play all game. They let them play when Lazard was held and they got the INt to the TD. 

They let them play in the red zone with Davante believe it led to a FG.

But they called that at the end ? 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes.  There was ZERO logic there for him to kick the FG unless you truly believe the defense was going to make the play.

Tbh looking at how badly the last 3 plays went before it, I wasn’t confident we’d even convert it on 4th.  Gotta try tho. Was Rodgers pissed they kicked?  I didn’t see his reaction. 

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Defense stunk and gave up 31 points and allowed the Bucs to go 10/15 on 3rd/4th down. That said, yes, the offense also blew it when the defense gave them 2 straight opportunities to retake the lead

All in all, it was a team effort in blowing this. Defense wasn't good as usual and Rodgers and the #1 offense came up small in big situations

Honestly the D didn’t play that bad. 2 short field tds. 5.8 ypp is fine. 3 tos.

The O had the ball 35 minutes and scored 26. Bad fumble, Adams drop td, 2 point dropped. Got impatient and away from the game plan

Sts sucked

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Even if you don't come away with points, you've got them pinned inside the 10 with all 3 of your TOs.  If you think your defense is going to get a stop, the logic should stay the same no matter the situation.  LaFleur took the ball out of Rodgers' hands.  Period.

Agreed.   the situation was no different.   If they were down 5 or 6 instead of 8, where kicking the FG there means you only need another FG for the win or tie.   But kicking the FG still meant stop them and score a  TD.   the math didn't change

• Like 1

we can talk about the refs not calling anything until the end, or the decision to kick it, but this game was lost at the halfway point.

1. Completely pathetic to let up a touchdown at the end of the half

2. Desperate for some momentum in the second half and instead Jones fumbles leading to a 1 play touchdown.

14 point swing just brutal when it happened over 3 plays.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes it is.  I don't want to hear that ****.

He gave up the difference in the game by not calling prevent defense in literally the one spot you do it.

If that's a field goal the Packers just won this game.

It is absolutely on Pettine.

It's on Pettine, it's on Jones, it's on LaFleur. 

It doesn't matter. 

I'm done with football. 

This is a bull**** feeling over a game.

This has been the worst week of my life since 8 years ago and now this ****. 

It's just not worth it. 

3 picks in the second half and you lose? Rodgers and the offense is more responsible 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

7 of those points came on a less than 10 yard drive following the fumble.

And we had 3 INTs from Brady.  He had 12 during the regular season.  We had plenty of opportunities.  The defense needed to hold them to less than 25.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Pettine will be fired which is good, but it just feels like this was Rodgers last best shot at a ring IMO. I just don't see how this team gets back to this spot next year with the combination of their schedule + the talent they're likely losing to FA this offseason

Pettine will not be fired...he wasn't fired last year and that was even worse.  However, Kevin King's future on the team is now more certain.

3 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Not even close.  We folded like a cheap suit in that game but fought back today and got right back into it.  We had our opportunities.  

Yeah this is worse than Seattle as we were favored. Also with the cap situation, who knows what happens next year

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He wanted to put it back into his hands with a chance to win the game. He did too and then Ron Allen junior referee fresh out of the academy decided the game was over instead. 

So it's better to better to maybe have a chance to win then it's to make sure Rodgers gets one more chance to win it?

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

we can talk about the refs not calling anything until the end, or the decision to kick it, but this game was lost at the halfway point.

1. Completely pathetic to let up a touchdown at the end of the half

2. Desperate for some momentum in the second half and instead Jones fumbles leading to a 1 play touchdown.

14 point swing just brutal when it happened over 3 plays.  

Yep, sequences like that are the epitome of a choke-job. Stage was too big for them today. 

• Like 1