NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

This actually might be the nail on the head for both of them...

TT did many great things for the Packers, but passing on TJ Watt for a tall skinny CB with bad shoulders is still a head scratcher. Job 1 for Gute this offseason will be finding King's replacement. 

Ed Donatell was fired for 4th and 26. Should Pettine be fired for the poor defense called at the end of the half? I'm truly not sure. It ended up being the difference in the game. I figured TB would score between 28-30 points. I wasn't far off. I also thought MLF/Rodgers had to score more than 30. They didn't. 26 points was never going to win this game against Brady.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

12 points were set on fire by Rodgers Adams obsession. 

Trying to blame or excuse any aspect of this team for this loss is stupid. 

Rodgers missed some throws for sure.  Brady missed some as well.  

1 team won, the other lost and the narratives will be set by those who view them as they want to

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Aaron Rodgers and Jim Kelley will be remembered similarly.

1-4 in title games. Love Rodgers, but that's his legacy. Last 2 he was a massive underdog for a reason, but there's no hiding from this one.

Pack failed in all the areas they couldn't afford to

Settled for 2 Fg's in the red inside the 10 and couldn't even move the sticks once after back to back INT's by the defense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

ehhhhhhh they rebounded just fine so choke-job might be extreme.  Had a chance to tie the game with under 3 minutes left.

Just doesn’t feel like truly great teams suffer sequences like that, of disastrous plays all chained together. They make the other team work for it, even if they happen to have a turnover. MLF emphasizes to be a team the “doesn’t blink”, but that looks like some heavy blinking.

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

TT did many great things for the Packers, but passing on TJ Watt for a tall skinny CB with bad shoulders is still a head scratcher. Job 1 for Gute this offseason will be finding King's replacement. 

Ed Donatell was fired for 4th and 26. Should Pettine be fired for the poor defense called at the end of the half? I'm truly not sure. It ended up being the difference in the game. I figured TB would score between 28-30 points. I wasn't far off. I also thought MLF/Rodgers had to score more than 30. They didn't. 26 points was never going to win this game against Brady.

I mean, Pettine should have been fired after the 49ers ran for 285 yards against them. But absolutely should have been fired after this game. Yes, they tightened up in the second half, but they're honestly fortunate they were facing old man Brady and not a Mahomes or an Allen.