NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

12 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

There's never been a team that has made me want to stop watching football until today, that team is the packers. I don't know if I can't handle it anymore, it truly does suck to be this close and constantly lose. Obviously I'll probably watch next year,  but as of right now, I don't want to watch football or any sports for that matter.

Wait until we're truly forced to deal with watching absolutely terrible Packers teams with bad QB play on a weekly basis. I'll stiill take this over whatever the 70's and 80's felt like to Packers fans watching THOSE teams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sgtcheezwiz said:

Lol. Dude it is the NFCCG. Godwin should t have caught that pass against savage but he did. Adam’s should have caught that TD. 

EQ pass still hit him in his hands.

Adams should have caught it. Rodgers should have thrown an on target ball.

The rotation changed on the ball when it got tipped to EQ. That's gonna mess a guy up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

TB was the only team that could have beaten us this year. (That's why I didn't want to play them.) So before we start talking about learning everything apart, we should consider that we only lost to 3 teams this year. Three. 

Can we make improvements? You bet. But we shouldn't tear the whole team apart. Rodgers is coming back, and he should. There are other who should be brought back, but won't because of cap considerations, Jones comes to mind. Maybe Linsley.

There are others who shouldn't be brought back, King has injury issues. And there are others who should be upgraded. 

But the core of the team is solid. Jaire, Savage, Amos, Z, Gary, KC, and others on D. Rodgers, Adams, Jenkins, Dillon, Tonyan, and others.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

It's not as much tearing it apart as it is replacing vital pieces without much cap room (assuming all cap leaks are correct). Gute's going to need to hit it out of the park with the draft and we'll need some good development from the '19 and '20 class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams should have caught it. Rodgers should have thrown an on target ball.

The rotation changed on the ball when it got tipped to EQ. That's gonna mess a guy up. 

Understood but that’s the difference between making  the NFCCG and winning the NFCCG. 

Edited by sgtcheezwiz

Dispiriting......

Andy Herman -   Green Bay forced 3 turnovers, held the Bucs to 76 yards rushing on 3.2 yards per carry, won the turnover battle, Rodgers had 3 touchdowns, Lazard/MVS/Adams all had over 60+ receiving, and Green Bay still lost at home.

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Who called that play and why?

Are you talking about the interception? LaFleur called it. LaFleur doesn't tell Rodgers who to throw it to. That's all Rodgers.

If you're talking about the TD, Pettine called it. Stupid *** call. He got greedy and went aggressive when he shouldn't have. 

I'll close with this......

Tampa was *the team* I did not want to play. Ever.

Way back when - when they were fooling around with the seventh spot I was "Good - lose and disappear. Let Chicago - or Arizona - or ANYBODY - get in besides you.

And they held serve. We didnt. At Lambeau. In the cold.

Didnt matter. We didnt execute when it mattered and they did.

Exactly why I didnt want to play them. Give me any higher seed than Tampa - other than Tampa. Didnt work out for us. We had to go thru them and they ended our season.

• Like 1

I don't really have an issue with the refs not throwing flags for pass interference. Both teams were doing it but Tampa did it in a subtle way not giving the refs a reason to throw the flag. We all know refs referee the games differently in the playoffs compared to regular season. It has been that way for years. King didn't get the memo and his pass interference was so blatant that it was impossible for the refs to ignore.

The biggest issue for me was the playcalling on both sides of the ball. I have no idea what Pettine was thinking with the TD just before the end of the half.

What i'm most upset about was the failure to capitalise on Brady's interceptions. I don't understand why we didn't try to sustain a few drives but instead we went pass happy and nothing came of it. Rodgers is most effective when he gets the play action working and that can only be done by running the ball. Also sustaining drives keeps the ball out of Brady's hands. I don't understand why we did not do this.

WR TD drops were unfortunate, with Adams early on in the first half and St.Brown for the 2 point conversion. Those certainly did not help but we still had plenty of opportunities to make up for it.

As for the 4th down call. Yuck! You keep the ball in Rodgers hands no matter what. Don't give it back to Brady for christ sake. It was a classic case of overthinking here. This was for the Superbowl. You go for it. Better to go down fighting than go down meekly.

To beat Brady you need to keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible and aim to score a TD on every possession no matter what. Keep the pressure on and make it hard for him to overcome it.

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you're Pettine, isn't your argument that we allowed 32 points and Jones blew it for 7 and Rodgers pick opened the door for another 7? 

His defense "allowed" 18 points and forced 3 turnovers.

The offense netted 18 points with a defensive performance that included 3 picks.

Well the picks were all deep in Packers territory, so it’s not like they gave them short fields.