Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I think a big development was the tweet from the Houston reporter with the reported price being multiple 1st and 2nds plus Q-Will. 

Personally I think that’s Houston leaking information through their reporters to try and get the price they want. It sounds like a power play to me. If that’s the case then it’s going to be damn expensive and absolutely ridiculous to be real. 

Everyone has a ceiling in what they’d go in a trade but mine would be #2, #23, Seattle 1st next year. If they want Q then I’m holding one of those 1sts back but I would give up say #2, #23 and Q. Can’t be dictating taking out young best players just because you’ve ****ed up and now need to trade away Deshaun.

Exactly I think the 2nd pick has to be included (that's how they get a QB). So I'd be good with trading Q but it would have to equal to a 1st and more. So I'd do the 2nd pick this year Q and a 2nd next year. Without Q in it (the ideal scenario) Then the offer is a 1st the next 3 drafts or a both our 1sts this year and a 1st next year. 

15 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya I disagree. When you have guys wide open and you over throw them and that WR has to lay out to grab the ball. That is not good. He does make some nice throws but his accuracy needs work in my eyes. When that pressure comes in his face he really struggles too. I think if we trade down to 8-10 spots and get him that would be fine but he is not worth that #2 pick and neither is Fields in my eyes. I think both of those guys are reaches at 2. I thnk Chase, or Sewell are more worth the #2 pick. I think even a small trade down with the Lions would be great. Trade the #2 pick to the Lions for Stafford and pick D. Smith at 7. 

Here is the quote from PFF on Wilson.  Does this sound like a guy who has accuracy issues?  After losing out on Wilson I watched a bunch of tape on him and didn't see any of the accuracy issues you mention.

"Wilson not only possesses special arm strength, but he also fit more footballs into tight windows than anyone else in the draft class. He not only completed more passes than anyone else when targeting a receiver with less than a step of separation, but he also earned a 94.2 grade on such throws — higher than Joe Burrow’s grade last season and over 10 grading points higher than the next best quarterback in the '21 draft class. You can’t fake that, no matter the competition."

Edited by Rockice_8

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly I think the 2nd pick has to be included (that's how they get a QB). So I'd be good with trading Q but it would have to equal to a 1st and more. So I'd do the 2nd pick this year Q and a 2nd next year. Without Q in it (the ideal scenario) Then the offer is a 1st the next 3 drafts or a both our 1sts this year and a 1st next year. 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

I think a big development was the tweet from the Houston reporter with the reported price being multiple 1st and 2nds plus Q-Will. 

Personally I think that’s Houston leaking information through their reporters to try and get the price they want. It sounds like a power play to me. If that’s the case then it’s going to be damn expensive and absolutely ridiculous to be real. 

Everyone has a ceiling in what they’d go in a trade but mine would be #2, #23, Seattle 1st next year. If they want Q then I’m holding one of those 1sts back but I would give up say #2, #23 and Q. Can’t be dictating taking out young best players just because you’ve ****ed up and now need to trade away Deshaun.

That is too expensive for me. I think you have to put the breaks on at some point because then you step into the Walker deal to the Cowboys. I would say no and stick to my offer Sam Darnold, #2 pick and Seahawks pick 1st round and 2nd round pick in 2022. If they don;t want Darnold pull him out and add a third round pick this year. 

If we were to trade Q to a team, we likely get two 1st from a team that would be expected to pick in the 20’s or one high 1st. Q is living up to his 3rd pick in the draft slot. JD didn’t even want to trade him after his rookie season. Imagine how he feels after last season?

If Houston wants Q, than it’s just the 2nd pick and Q for me. Just swapping Q for one of our late first is undercutting Q’s value. If no Q, than 3 1st (including the 2nd pick which is a very high pick in the draft). They are not guaranteed a top QB if they trade with Carolina or SF. 

I think y’all are right about the article being a power play. 

Edited by SDotNova

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

No way do I want to give up any of our first five picks in this years draft, this is our best chance to rebuild our roster. Look how it hurt us giving up three second round picks to move up a lousy three spots to get Darnold. If we have to use our second overall pick in the draft to get a QB so be it. And why would Watson want a trade to the Jets when he could go to the Colts.  No way i see Douglas, giving away the store to get Watson. The pressure is on the Texans not the Jets to make a trade, Watson wants out of Texas. This is our future we are talking about and this is our best chance to rebuild our roster, in years.

24 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is too expensive for me. I think you have to put the breaks on at some point because then you step into the Walker deal to the Cowboys. I would say no and stick to my offer Sam Darnold, #2 pick and Seahawks pick 1st round and 2nd round pick in 2022. If they don;t want Darnold pull him out and add a third round pick this year. 

I agree with you. The reality is that if they trade Watson, they are going to want to draft QB. Only the Jets and Miami provide a reasonable opportunity to someone who is in the top 3 of their board. There’s a chance 3 QBs are off the board by the Carolina pick and 4 off the board by the SF pick. The 2nd pick holds a lot more value than those picks. We had to use 3 2nds just go from 6 to 3 for Darnold.

They have power in this situation because they can choose to just keep Watson. But the Jets and Miami hold a lot power in who’d they’d want to trade him to.

I agree. Draw a reasonable line and hold it.

12 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Think 2nd overall, Seattle’s 3rd, 2022 1st and 2023 1st is what ultimately happens

That is possible too. I think the Texan fans are crazy to think they will get a Cowboy trade when the vikings got Walker. No team will EVER do a trade like that again. I also stand by that the media and Texan fans are undervalue the #2 pick. That can turn into 3 first round picks or a QB at 2. Heck you can trade down from 2 and still pick a QB and grab another 1st round pick. 

24 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Think 2nd overall, Seattle’s 3rd, 2022 1st and 2023 1st is what ultimately happens

Which id be ok with. But the negotiations haven’t even begun. HOU is still thinking he might stay. He hasn’t requested a trade yet (not sure why). And we haven’t put in an offer yet. Bottom line is I don’t think anything happens until the SB is over. I think Watson might be waiting until then to put in his trade request officially. And then it’s on him to give his list of teams he’d accept a trade to. And the Jets should be all over it and try and get something done before FA starts. This is about a 4 week time frame 

57 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I agree with you. The reality is that if they trade Watson, they are going to want to draft QB. Only the Jets and Miami provide a reasonable opportunity to someone who is in the top 3 of their board. There’s a chance 3 QBs are off the board by the Carolina pick and 4 off the board by the SF pick. The 2nd pick holds a lot more value than those picks. We had to use 3 2nds just go from 6 to 3 for Darnold.

They have power in this situation because they can choose to just keep Watson. But the Jets and Miami hold a lot power in who’d they’d want to trade him to.

I agree. Draw a reasonable line and hold it.

You can count me in also I think it is nuts giving away all those great picks we have in the 2021 draft.

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is possible too. I think the Texan fans are crazy to think they will get a Cowboy trade when the vikings got Walker. No team will EVER do a trade like that again. I also stand by that the media and Texan fans are undervalue the #2 pick. That can turn into 3 first round picks or a QB at 2. Heck you can trade down from 2 and still pick a QB and grab another 1st round pick. 

JETFUEL, I AGREE, The Giants made the same huge mistake when they traded three first round & one second round picks to the Vikings to get Fran Tarkenton.  That trade set the Giants back years. And the first pick the Viking got was the second overall pick in the draft. That is just about the same deal some of the arm chair GM on this board want to give the Texans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I think the Watson package has to be involved QB.

Jets' Darnold.

Broncos' Lock.

Dolphins' Tagovailoa

Bengals' Burrow.

so goes on. Whoever they are.

I have no idea why Miami fans think Houston will take Tua. Tua arm is not strong at all. He also looked lost and had no games where you saw flashes of him being a franchise QB. Darnold at least can throw the ball and make some good decisons. Darnold rookie year was a lot better than Tua and Tua had a better line and weapons. Then you add the Jets are picking 2 and Miami picking 3 I just don't see the Miami connection at all.