Watson trade talk!!!!!!

jetfuel34

Makes me laugh when people are adding Q into these trade talks. Like if anyone came calling for him we’d tell them no thanks unless it was multiple 1st round picks. So Houston fans/media adding Q in these trades like he’s just a generic player is getting me pissed. Same with Becton. 

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I think the Watson package has to be involved QB.

Jets' Darnold.

Broncos' Lock.

Dolphins' Tagovailoa

Bengals' Burrow.

so goes on. Whoever they are.

I couldn't disagree more. I think they want to draft a new QB if anything making trading for a QB on top of that rather pointless. They making to trade with us for 2 and Darnold and drafting Wilson still at 2? I doubt that. Are they trading for Darnold and at 2 drafting Smith? They lose out big in a trade IMO by trading a franchise QB for a question mark at QB and a WR and who knows what in the future.

Point being that if they make a trade they're drafting a QB with that 1st rounder. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I couldn't disagree more. I think they want to draft a new QB if anything making trading for a QB on top of that rather pointless. They making to trade with us for 2 and Darnold and drafting Wilson still at 2? I doubt that. Are they trading for Darnold and at 2 drafting Smith? They lose out big in a trade IMO by trading a franchise QB for a question mark at QB and a WR and who knows what in the future.

Point being that if they make a trade they're drafting a QB with that 1st rounder. 

rookie qb is still a question mark anyway.   Watson is superstar qb and Texans aren't going to find one that exactly replaces him.   Darnold and Sewell is a good starter for Texans. Ditto for for Lock and Smith.  Etc.

Texans get a bunch of bare draft picks so they could start with a qb at 1st round.  That is a terrible plan. 

Getting 3 high picks plus young qb under contract is the best routine for Texans.

19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just read some posts on the Texans site here is what they want for Watson.

Becton plus our second & twenty third pick in the first round & our first round pick in 2022.

WATSON wants out of Texas, and that is a huge problem how to handle their mess.

🤣🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just read some posts on the Texans site here is what they want for Watson.

Becton plus our second & twenty third pick in the first round & our first round pick in 2022.

WATSON wants out of Texas, and that is a huge problem how to handle their mess.

Got to laugh at this. They traded two 1st for Tunsil and are acting like Becton is a throw in. Same with some of these trades that include Q. If they want volume, then SF might be the best spot. SF will likely be picking in the 20’s next year and for the foreseeable future. So those picks don’t hurt as much.

Edited by SDotNova

1 minute ago, xrade said:

The OL was a bit better but weapons?  Not really. Better O coaching as well. 

The browns fan in the general forums on the Watson trade thread seems to think we have no talent, the entire organization is still a joke and I don't think he has any clue how much cap space we have or the first rounders we have. It's actually an entertaining read lol.

40 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

The browns fan in the general forums on the Watson trade thread seems to think we have no talent, the entire organization is still a joke and I don't think he has any clue how much cap space we have or the first rounders we have. It's actually an entertaining read lol.

Bro it’s just become a joke. Some of them think it’s madden with the stupid trades. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Honestly, if I'm Houston and I have to trade Watson and the best offer I get is 2nd overall seattle's first this year and our first next plus Darnold I'd be inclined to make the trade, sign Winston to compete with Darnold and trade the #2pick for two or three more first round picks. Imagine having three firsts this year and next year to completely revamp their entire team. If either of Darnold or Winston hit they would be in phenomenal position.

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

We haven’t been good in a while. So until we start winning, they’re not wrong. As Jets fans, we are hoping JD is turning it around but that’s still TBD. We’ve had a lot of cap space in the past with no success. This year will hopefully be different because of the lower cap across the league.

The trades for sure have been wild. My guess is that Houston fans are either going to be disappointed or they’ll get their wish and Watson stays. If he gets traded, it’s going to be worse than when we won against the Rams. Suicide watch across the forum.

Can't see Watson happy with the HOU HC hire. I think if anything this speeds up the trade rumors. I do think he's waiting for the season to be over to really push for this. But I do expect things to move quickly after that. My prediction is he gets traded to us or MIA sometime between 2/8-2/22. Which if we land him I'd love. It sets us up to have a few weeks to have a game plan going into FA knowing if we have him. 

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. Tua/Darnold aren't moving the needle for me if I'm the Texans.

I just don't think you can attempt to sell your fanbase on another teams recycled goods here. Either tear it to the ground, stock pile picks & commit to a full rebuild or put yourself in a position to draft the next Watson. I get Tua is a year removed from being the fifth pick, but he hasn't done himself any favors. This league moves fast

14 hours ago, SDotNova said:

We haven’t been good in a while. So until we start winning, they’re not wrong. As Jets fans, we are hoping JD is turning it around but that’s still TBD

Cleveland fans talking **** about us after they had one good season in how long?  They have been a sorry-*** franchise longer than us.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Agreed. Tua/Darnold aren't moving the needle for me if I'm the Texans.

I just don't think you can attempt to sell your fanbase on another teams recycled goods here. Either tear it to the ground, stock pile picks & commit to a full rebuild or put yourself in a position to draft the next Watson. I get Tua is a year removed from being the fifth pick, but he hasn't done himself any favors. This league moves fast

Agreed. We give them the only chance to draft who they love at 2 at QB and start a rebuild fast. At 3 they get probably what’s left between TLaw, Wilson and Fields. Not there choice. This is why we make the most sense.