Is Rodgers done in GB?

rocky_rams

On 1/24/2021 at 7:23 PM, rocky_rams said:

There is speculation that Rodgers may not be back in Green Bay. 

will he go to another team, or is he gonna go for one more run with the Pack? 

or....does he call it quits after an MVP campaign?

I'm guessing this speculation is just coming from fans and talking heads in the media.  Rodgers might like another decent wide receiver, but other than that, he actually has it pretty nice in Green Bay.  They have a very reliable offensive line, and Aaron Jones, while not the elite of the elite, is still a very good running back.  He is on a team that made the NFC Championship the last two years in a row.  I'm not sure where he is going to go where the situation is would be a whole lot better for him.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm guessing this speculation is just coming from fans and talking heads in the media.  Rodgers might like another decent wide receiver, but other than that, he actually has it pretty nice in Green Bay.  They have a very reliable offensive line, and Aaron Jones, while not the elite of the elite, is still a very good running back.  He is on a team that made the NFC Championship the last two years in a row.  I'm not sure where he is going to go where the situation is would be a whole lot better for him.   

Aaron Jones will not be on the team next season 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

And right on cue, a day after the emotions are allowed to settle.....

This is about guaranteeing the contract, and that's a no-brainer.  Maybe there's an extension, maybe there isn't.  But there's a reason why Vegas has a ridiculous price on Rodgers being in GB to start week 1 2021.   That earlier post-game comment was noise, not news. 

Yeah, emotions were just running a little raw after the game. GB will give Rodgers a new deal and they’ll run it back. I still wonder if GB can clear enough space to where they can trade for another veteran receiver though. I’d bet he’s going to demand the FO acquire another impact player in the passing game, especially if they lose Jones.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Week 17 of 2013 season

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201312290chi.htm

Trailed the 8-7 Chicago Bears 28 -20

Yeah someone on twitter brought up that example and the guy's response was "Bears ended 8-8 after that game...they were .500, so not a winning team" which imo is pretty weak and cherry-picky...

...but on the other hand there's still 41 other examples in his career of that being true if he's 0-42 haha...so if that 1 score game against the 8-7 Bears in 2013 is the game that has to be pointed out as busting the stat...idk still pretty crazy to me all things considered...would never have thought that about a Rodgers led team

Edited by Ray Reed

7 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah someone on twitter brought up that example and the guy's response was "Bears ended 8-8 after that game...they were .500, so not a winning team" which imo is pretty weak and cherry-picky...

...but on the other hand there's still 41 other examples in his career of that being true if he's 0-42 haha...so if that 1 score game against the 8-7 Bears in 2013 is the game that has to be pointed out as busting the stat...idk still pretty crazy to me all things considered...would never have thought that about a Rodgers led team

Yeah. At the time of the game, Chicago was 8-7. 

Several games were tied in the 4th.

Dallas playoff game in 2014 was 21-20 Dallas with GB winning 26-21.  So the more than 1 point detail.

Agreed that the track record is not great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Now take a look at their cap and their free agents.

• The cap shrinks (they are 28 million in the red)
  • A-A-Ron gets a 15.6 million bump against the cap compared to this year.
  • Zadarius goes up by 4.75 million
  • Preston goes up by 2.5 million
  • Bakhtiari goes up by 3.1 million
  • MVS goes up by 1.4 million
  • A bunch of players get bumps between 250k and 600k
  • Linsley is a UFA
  • Aaron Jones is a UFA
  • Jamaal Williams is a UFA
  • Robert Tonyan is an RFA and someone will pay him (how do they match?)
    • He made 750k this year, it will be 5-8 million next year

This team will not improve next year.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/ 

Edited by SkippyX

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I wasn't ignoring Gronk.  I was talking about WRs.  And Rodgers has played with some good, but not great TEs too.

Yeah, but the real argument is weapons. To only focus on WRs (and eliminating Moss from the pool no less), is an unfair argument. You're basically setting the other side up for an instant loss.