Is Rodgers done in GB?

rocky_rams

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Not sure Rodgers would be patient waiting for Belichick to build a winner around him.....

Nope. 

But if I'm Kyle Shanahan, I'm pounding the table with similar picks right now. 

The 49ers are still only a healthy season and real QB away from serious contention again. 

22 hours ago, Asciimo said:

Tampa will be even better next year. I'd go to the AFC if I were him.

The AFC is considerably deeper than the NFC. 

The WFT gave Tampa a fight. Multiple underwhelming teams were vying for a playoff spot. 

The AFC shut 10+ win teams out of the playoffs. And several others were within spitting distance of the same. Most importantly, aside from the Steelers and now Colts, the other AFC teams that made the playoffs or easily could have all have young up-and-coming QBs. The Chargers and Raiders look primed to try and make some noise soon. So on, so forth. 

His easiest route to a Superbowl, outside of Green Bay, is definitely staying in the NFC. Tampa is good, but they're hardly a juggernaut. 

Edited by ronjon1990

4 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

A California team is about the only practical place for him to want to go to....

The only other team I could see mutual interest in would be Indianapolis. But I'm not entirely sold on the Colts seeking another short-term lease on a QB. They're in a tough spot- never bad enough to draft a top notch QB, always replacing them. Rodgers could find success there, but it could actually be a detriment to Indianapolis in the long run. 

26 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rodgers made one heck of a career out of mediocre receiving corps. The biggest difference on the field is Green Bay's defenses have rarely been Patriots level and McCarthy couldn't sniff the hoodie's pits. So...why should he stick around? Not saying he'll bolt, but I can totally see why he would consider it. He knows there's no reason he should only have 1 ring, much less 1 appearance. And Green Bay's brass doesn't seem particularly interested in making it easier for him to fix that.

You either have the most selective memory in history or you're literally talking without any knowledge of the Packers.  Outside of Randy Moss, who was the best WR that Tom Brady played with over his career in New England?  Not TEs, but legitimate WRs.  He's had an amazing career throwing to the likes of Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Danny Amendola, and Wes Welker.  Good receivers who were made to look great by Tom Brady.  On the other hand, Rodgers has had Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams.

30 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Be that as it may, it's no secret Rodgers has been pining for better receivers for a while now. Rodgers hasn't had a Belichick level coach nor defense to help him ever reach Brady levels. 

That the Packers had the offense they did with mediocre receivers is a testament to Rodgers' talent. It's highly unlikely that Green Bay puts emphasis on fixing that (they haven't thus far), so I could see Rodgers being cool taking his undeniable talent somewhere willing to build around him in a way like Tampa laid the red carpet out for Brady to go all in. 

Rodgers made one heck of a career out of mediocre receiving corps. The biggest difference on the field is Green Bay's defenses have rarely been Patriots level and McCarthy couldn't sniff the hoodie's pits. So...why should he stick around? Not saying he'll bolt, but I can totally see why he would consider it. He knows there's no reason he should only have 1 ring, much less 1 appearance. And Green Bay's brass doesn't seem particularly interested in making it easier for him to fix that.

He's not going anywhere....but ya know.....he does bear some responsibility for the outcome.........no?
Maybe he realizes that more than you seem to.

Our defense held Tampa below their averages - even with the boneheaded plays that cost us serious points.
Unfortunately, the Tampa D held us below ours as well....it came down to the short hairs.....and we came up short

23 hours ago, Asciimo said:

Tampa will be even better next year. I'd go to the AFC if I were him.

What are you basing this off of?  The Buccaneers have a ton of key FAs this offseason including Shaquil Barrett, Lavonte David, Rob Gronkowski, Ndamukong Suh, Leonard Fournette, Antonio Brown, Rakeem Nunez-Roches, Ryan Succop, and Chris Godwin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You either have the most selective memory in history or you're literally talking without any knowledge of the Packers.  Outside of Randy Moss, who was the best WR that Tom Brady played with over his career in New England?  Not TEs, but legitimate WRs.  He's had an amazing career throwing to the likes of Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks, Danny Amendola, and Wes Welker.  Good receivers who were made to look great by Tom Brady.  On the other hand, Rodgers has had Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, and Davante Adams.

You can't just say ignore Gronk like he wasn't one of the best TEs of all time.

10 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

You can't just say ignore Gronk like he wasn't one of the best TEs of all time.

Yeah look, Brady and Rodgers both have had some good receivers.  There were certain years that wasn't the case, but in general, neither were being held back by the receivers.  Unless you consider being held back as anything less than prime Randy Moss, or the Packers 2011 roster.

32 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Would he really want to play for the team that snubbed him 16 years ago? 

I’m sure he knows everyone involved with that draft is lone gone. But who knows...he might hold a grudge with SF anyways. Either way I don’t think there’s any way Green Bay would trade him to the niners.