Is Rodgers done in GB?

rocky_rams

I didn't even really have it on my radar that Rodgers might be looking to leave but his comments today were genuinely weird and I don't think can just be chalked up to the emotions of the moment. He's a pretty savvy guy and understood full well what the implications were of what he was saying. Retirement would be a huge surprise coming off an MVP year that comes up short in the playoffs so the only alternative is a trade, which feels even harder to believe. 

My guess is that he's going to make noise mostly as a way of trying to exert a little mores pressure on the Packers FO in terms of how they approach the offseason. I feel like Brady leaving NE for elite weapons in Tampa and then immediately winning is likely going to influence his thinking and he's going to try and create a similar scenario for himself, whether in GB or elsewhere. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

He’s going to demand the Packers step outside their comfort zone and trade a premium pick for another weapon (Julio Jones?). If they acquiesce he’ll be back. If they don’t... It could end up being a messy breakup.

They don't have much money. They are 20 million over the cap and they have a bunch of big contracts.

Aaron Jones and Corey Linsley are probably gone

Tonyan is an RFA. I could see someone like NE stealing him if they try to go cheap.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Brady when Jimmy G was drafted "Bring it!"

Montana when they traded for Young: "Find yourself a comfortable seat, young buck." (I never heard any quotes on this from Joe to paraphrase but I am guessing)

McNabb when Kolb was drafted "Waaaah! My feelings!"

Don't be like McNabb.

Montana never had any animosity towards Young. If anything, he, and Young shared mutual frustration towards Bill for putting them both in an awkward situation. 

20 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

They don't have much money. They are 20 million over the cap and they have a bunch of big contracts.

Aaron Jones and Corey Linsley are probably gone

Tonyan is an RFA. I could see someone like NE stealing him if they try to go cheap.

Holy hell. They’re over the cap? I didn’t realize that.

6 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Well that was awkward. Never heard him sound so depressed. Maybe because it was a home game. 

He's always been that way after a loss. He was that way in 2013 after the loss to the Bengals, after the loss in the NFCC game in 2014, after the loss to the Bears in 2015, after the loss in NFCC to the Niners last year. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-mike-mccarthy-have-heated-exchange-0ap2000000248946

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14255193/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-criticizes-team-preparation-denies-players-only-meeting

He isn’t done in GB. Unless he feels like ok they traded up to get my replacement in Love and then in the biggest moment in the biggest game this season they didn’t trust me to go get that td instead they kicked the FG. So maybe he could want out due to ego thinking the organization isn’t treating him right. 

I keep saying how hard it is to win a Superbowl. Brees is going to retire with only one despite playing on some great Saints teams that had HFA. Peyton only won 2 and his Colts teams were historically great in the regular season and even the Broncos teams were really darn impressive. I just think ARod shouldn’t want to go anywhere. He just need to hope that Packers can get him another receiver that can take the pressure off Adams and then get more physical up front on defense and also on the OL.

4 hours ago, Starless said:

I'd give 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd if I were Belichick. 

oh my god I would love this on so many levels. I'd love it for the Packers, the Patriots, Rodgers, and Belichick.

And then...the rise of Jordan Love! or not whatever i dunno

33 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

at some point you have to think that maybe Rodgers is why don't go to the SB but he puts up too good of regular season numbers for people to think that

he's just about last on the list and anybody who doesn't get that has an overly simplistic view of football and the league. he's on the list somewhere, he bears some of the blame, but he's not close to the top.

• Like 2