Is Rodgers done in GB?

rocky_rams

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Why would/should GB get rid of him? He can still win a title with this team for the next at least 2 years. No one in the north will challenge them, nearly for certain.

Tampa will be even better next year. I'd go to the AFC if I were him.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's hard to win super bowls and honestly they are kind of random sometimes. 

I agree but man he’s too talented. We have to wonder if GB did all they could to support him to win a SB in his earlier years. 

it feels like they relied too much on his talent. Especially with the late Ted Thompson, where he refused to sign free agents with very rare exceptions 

Packers haven't wasted Rodgers career.  They won a ring with him and had a great team many of those years.  Really, really good QBs struggle to win even one superbowl, much less multiple.  The stars have to align perfectly, and that's rare of course.  One ring is a success, not a waste.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Yeah but a QB with his talent should’ve won  at least two already. 

Mahomes is already on his way to potentially winning his second. 

coaching and organizational support matters. They could’ve got him some help on offense and defense instead of picking a QB and RB with their first two picks. 

mu guess is he went hard to show them what he’s capable of and then walks out on them to see the mistake they did in choosing Love.

Rodgers seems like a guy who holds grudges 

Marino was ever not as talented as Rodgers and he never got one. Brees is ballpark and he had the same result. Same for Steve Young. 

Mahomes has a rare situation where he walked into a stupidly stacked offense with the top TE, a top WR, and always a stud RB with one of the best offensive coaches. He won’t always have this

10 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Yeah but a QB with his talent should’ve won  at least two already. 

Mahomes is already on his way to potentially winning his second. 

coaching and organizational support matters. They could’ve got him some help on offense and defense instead of picking a QB and RB with their first two picks. 

mu guess is he went hard to show them what he’s capable of and then walks out on them to see the mistake they did in choosing Love.

Rodgers seems like a guy who holds grudges 

you don't say....

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

And he's coming off arguably his best season of his career.  He doesn't even look close to being done. I'd bet on him playing at a high level for another 5 years. 

Yes, but he's also not exactly had Brady-esque durability throughout his career. You can't assume he's still gonna be playing at a high level at 43 just because one guy - who is the exception of all exceptions - has been doing it. 

9 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Packers haven't wasted Rodgers career.  They won a ring with him and had a great team many of those years.  Really, really good QBs struggle to win even one superbowl, much less multiple.  The stars have to align perfectly, and that's rare of course.  One ring is a success, not a waste.  

I don’t think anyone said the Packers wasted Rodgers career. 

but have they done everything in their power to make sure he has a capable team around him that can consistently compete for a SB? Drafting a QB and RB in your first two picks of the draft and barely drafting hot free agents don’t sound like it 

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Yes, but he's also not exactly had Brady-esque durability throughout his career. You can't assume he's still gonna be playing at a high level at 43 just because one guy - who is the exception of all exceptions - has been doing it. 

Being a Bears fan who has seen his ugly face his entire career, if there's one thing I have learned is to never doubt Rodgers. There is literally nothing that suggests that he can't still play at a high level at the age of 43. 

20 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

This... if Packers wasted Rodgers then the Saints wasted Brees, Packers also wasted Favre, Colts wasted Peyton, etc. I understand people indeed say all of these examples, but when you're claiming every franchised "wasted" a QB maybe it's just not that easy to win a SB in this league?