Super Bowl LV: Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BayRaider

Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas City Chiefs vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2021 at 11:35 PM

9 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm kinda surprised that California is rooting for KC.

Two divisional rivals are there. (Yeah I know Raiders are in Vegas but most of their fanbase is still in California)

49ers just got beat by them a year ago in the SB.

I never really buy those charts. As you said two division rivals for CA are there, Brady is beloved in the Bay area because he grew up there and then CA is literally one of the most pro Brady crowds in the country. I've seen stadiums full of Chargers fans chanting for him. Those charts are always weird. 

Edited by lancerman

16 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Is this rooting interest situation or predictions?  Because if it’s that these places are pulling for them, why would South Carolina give a single fig for Tampa Bay?

This is predictions. Which a lot of the time lines up with rooting interests. This is why California is the Chiefs, because it is based off predictions. Most of California will be rooting on the Bucs, trust me.

9 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I think the Bucs should be favored in this Super Bowl. They have the better QB, better offense, and better defense. KFC's only real advantage is coaching maybe. I say the Bucs win 44 to 7.

Career wise Brady is the goat and still is a very good QB, but right now Brady vs Mahomes isn't really even a competition to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Billy86 said:

Career wise Brady is the goat and still is a very good QB, but right now Brady vs Mahomes isn't really even a competition to be honest. 

Nah, Brady will prove that he is currently a better QB, especially with a win tomorrow. The Bucs offense has been just as good as the Chiefs this year.

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is predictions. Which a lot of the time lines up with rooting interests. This is why California is the Chiefs, because it is based off predictions. Most of California will be rooting on the Bucs, trust me.

I’m torn. On one hand, I want the Bucs to stay at one so we have a better chance at catching up. On the other, I have a ton of respect for Brady and kind of want him to keep adding to his story.  This in spite of the 2004 Super Bowl. 

Edited by EvilenFroggen

On 2/5/2021 at 10:40 AM, childofpudding said:

Who knows how many actual votes they got from West Virginia. Might have been a 2-1 vote or something like that. I'm a bit surprised that Georgia is rooting for TB considering the Falcons are a division rival.

It’s based off predictions, not rooting interests, they do this every year. 

Just many times people will predict the team they want to win, Michigan for example. 

Mahomes is 41-6 with Fisher in the lineup.

Mahomes is 3-3 without Fisher.

• This includes that weird game vs Indy that no one understands.
    • Indy had 8 QB hits, 4 sacks, and 5 tackles for loss (all 3 above their season averages)
  • One of the losses was Mahomes' first game back after the kneecap injury.

This does not mean Mahomes is a bad or even a mediocre QB without Fisher, but it helps to have a high end OT.

• It does not even mean he is not still great

I'm also not claiming the Chiefs line will be the same, only Reiter will start in the SB and that Cots game, but backups are backups for a reason.

This leaves Mike Remmers as the man in the spotlight.

• He is most famous for being abused by Von Miller in the Super Bowl
  • The Panthers let him walk as a free agent.
  • The Vikings gave him a decent 5 years 30 million and he lasted 2 years.
    • He was fine AFAIK in 2017 but they were not happy with his play in 2018.
  • He signed with the Giants for 2.5 million last year.
  • He signed with the Chiefs for 1.2 million this year.

In Remmers previous 3 playoff knockouts his team has scored 34 points and the defense has scored 21.

• The Broncos were charged rent for the Panthers offensive backfield.
  • The Eagles were on Keenum all day
  • The Panthers were down 31-10 to the Seahawks before a meaningless clock kill TD

Those teams had 10 turnovers in those games.

Wiz has 8 starts with KC since he left Philly (3 of them were last years playoffs)

• He had 1 in Pittsburgh before he was injured this year.

In 2018 he was the guy who replaced an injured Brandon Brooks and the Eagles run game instantly disappeared in that playoff game vs New Orleans. It may not be fair to compare him to Brandon Brooks, but he's going to be facing Vita Vea, Suh, and possible stunting edge beasts.

Andrew Wylie is an undrafted guy who started at guard for a couple years and is making his 16th start at tackle.

• He's making league minimum in year 3, but that's more about being a UFA and restricted free agency.
  • He has started 4 playoff games, but none of them were last year.

Nick Allegretti is a 7th rounder making his 12th career start

Andrew Reiter is solid in the middle at center

• 70.9 PFF ranking in 2020 with a high of 78.6 in 2018
  • He's already started 40 games including all 7 Mahomes playoff games.

Cap Details:

• Fisher makes 15+ a year on merit
  • LDT who opted out was due somewhere between 6 and 8 million.
  • Mitchell Schwartz who go hurt was due 10.8 million.
  • Reiter makes 4 million this year (and will probably get a raise next year)
  • The other 4 guys make about 1 million each.

If they win a Super Bowl with an 8 million dollar O-line then I will be impressed.

3 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

I think the Bucs should be favored in this Super Bowl. They have the better QB, better offense, and better defense. KFC's only real advantage is coaching maybe. I say the Bucs win 44 to 7.

Obvious troll. The Buccaneers are going to get clapped, then you'll stop posting on this forum.

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Obvious troll. The Buccaneers are going to get clapped, then you'll stop posting on this forum.

Brady by this point in his career has the best I.Q in NFL history. There isn't much the Chief's average defense can do to stop him, and with Mahomes not having the highest I.Q since he is a physical QB in only his 4th year, with a bad o-line, the chances of the Chiefs winning are very low. 

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Mahomes is 41-6 with Fisher in the lineup.

Mahomes is 3-3 without Fisher.

• This includes that weird game vs Indy that no one understands.
    • Indy had 8 QB hits, 4 sacks, and 5 tackles for loss (all 3 above their season averages)
  • One of the losses was Mahomes' first game back after the kneecap injury.

This does not mean Mahomes is a bad or even a mediocre QB without Fisher, but it helps to have a high end OT.

• It does not even mean he is not still great

I'm also not claiming the Chiefs line will be the same, only Reiter will start in the SB and that Cots game, but backups are backups for a reason.

This leaves Mike Remmers as the man in the spotlight.

• He is most famous for being abused by Von Miller in the Super Bowl
  • The Panthers let him walk as a free agent.
  • The Vikings gave him a decent 5 years 30 million and he lasted 2 years.
    • He was fine AFAIK in 2017 but they were not happy with his play in 2018.
  • He signed with the Giants for 2.5 million last year.
  • He signed with the Chiefs for 1.2 million this year.

In Remmers previous 3 playoff knockouts his team has scored 34 points and the defense has scored 21.

• The Broncos were charged rent for the Panthers offensive backfield.
  • The Eagles were on Keenum all day
  • The Panthers were down 31-10 to the Seahawks before a meaningless clock kill TD

Those teams had 10 turnovers in those games.

Wiz has 8 starts with KC since he left Philly (3 of them were last years playoffs)

• He had 1 in Pittsburgh before he was injured this year.

In 2018 he was the guy who replaced an injured Brandon Brooks and the Eagles run game instantly disappeared in that playoff game vs New Orleans. It may not be fair to compare him to Brandon Brooks, but he's going to be facing Vita Vea, Suh, and possible stunting edge beasts.

Andrew Wylie is an undrafted guy who started at guard for a couple years and is making his 16th start at tackle.

• He's making league minimum in year 3, but that's more about being a UFA and restricted free agency.
  • He has started 4 playoff games, but none of them were last year.

Nick Allegretti is a 7th rounder making his 12th career start

Andrew Reiter is solid in the middle at center

• 70.9 PFF ranking in 2020 with a high of 78.6 in 2018
  • He's already started 40 games including all 7 Mahomes playoff games.

Cap Details:

• Fisher makes 15+ a year on merit
  • LDT who opted out was due somewhere between 6 and 8 million.
  • Mitchell Schwartz who go hurt was due 10.8 million.
  • Reiter makes 4 million this year (and will probably get a raise next year)
  • The other 4 guys make about 1 million each.

If they win a Super Bowl with an 8 million dollar O-line then I will be impressed.

Most of Mahomes losses have been when he’s getting pressured and facing a zone scheme. 49ers would of got the job done last year if Jimmy wasn’t such an average Quarterback.