Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

2 hours ago, N4L said:

a professional athlete wanted a very important muscle in his body massaged. the outrage!

bad take. 

I don't know who needs to know this, but soliciting a professional masseuse to tug you off is in fact an abuse of a professional in their place of employment. Most masseuse are considered frontline medical workers, and even if they were just a private professional, someone having a certain profession doesn't mean you're allowed to just harass and solicit them for sexual favours.  

Again, I'll wait to allow the facts to come out before I bury Deshaun or the accuser, but this take is just really missing the point. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

So the details of the  complaint are out....and man, this sounds like a non-issue.

No contact, and not even a request for illegal services.   Just the request "made her uncomfortable".   If she's not even willing to state in the complaint that a sex act was requested - this comes off as a huge stretch.

The facts still need to come out in totality - but unless I'm missing something - the substance of the complaint seems awful thin.   Usually the most damning acts would be cited, no?  It also explains the dubious presentation - more sensationalism to draw negative PR, because the complaint has a lot less teeth than advertised.

Is that actually what happened? If so, I don't really see anything Watson did wrong.

42 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

bad take. 

I don't know who needs to know this, but soliciting a professional masseuse to tug you off is in fact an abuse of a professional in their place of employment. Most masseuse are considered frontline medical workers, and even if they were just a private professional, someone having a certain profession doesn't mean you're allowed to just harass and solicit them for sexual favours.  

Again, I'll wait to allow the facts to come out before I bury Deshaun or the accuser, but this take is just really missing the point. 

Yeah, he shouldn't have done that to a masseuse, but according to the thing that was posted - she was uncomfortable with it. She asked him to leave and he did. That post said he never touched or had contact with her. So what exactly is going on?

Dude made a sexual pass at a grown woman, she said no, he left.

So looking at this from Carolina's perspective, I am starting to understand how things went down I think. The rumored/reported offer we made, according to my best recollection, was;

2022 1st
2023 2nd
RB Christian McCaffrey
LB Shaq Thompson
QB Teddy Bridgewater

That actually lines up with guys we were rumored to want to trade away, because of bloated contracts and just generally not playing particularly well. If that offer is legit, and i'll explain in a moment why I think it is, I can completely understand why Houston wasn't interested.

A week ago, we restructured both McCaffrey and Shaq. They are now effectively untradeable at least until next season. It'd be a cap blowout to trade either or both of them. Why restructure players you wanted to move on from? Simple, you realize you couldn't get the guy you wanted, at least not for them. We also shopped Teddy in the Stafford trade and told him as much, and have fielded calls about him since then.

I don't think Carolina was ever actually serious about Deshaun. I think Tepper is/was, but the FO and the coaching staff? Not so much. That offer is laughable. In fact, I have created a look at how the entire thing probably played out;

Dave Tepper: "Alright Scott, welcome to Carolina. Here's the thing - I want Deshaun. Don't care what it costs. Make it happen."

Scott Fitterer: "Well, there are some contracts I wouldn't mind getting rid of on our books here.."

-> Dialing Houston

Jack Easterby: "Hello? Houston Texans Cornerstone Cathedral. What can I do for you? "

Scott: "Is..is this the right number? Uh...yeah. We'd like to engage in trade talks for Deshaun."

Easterby: "Oh, praise Jesus! That heathen has been bringing down our good Christian locker room! What's your offer?"

Scott: "Uh..huh...well, we were thinking a nice cache of picks. #8, #39, 2022 1st and a 2023 2nd."

Easterby: "Not bad, what kind of wholesome, faithful players can you throw in there?"

Scott: "We're prepared to offer McCaffrey, Shaq and maybe Teddy Two-Gloves?"

Easterby: "My boy don't poke fun, that's not righteous. What's your real offer?"

Scott: "No, no that's the actual offer. Maybe we could chuck in a future 5th or something if you..."

*CLICK*

**15 Minutes Later**

Scott: "We got a voicemail from Houston! I think the call got dropped. They'll probably take the offer!"

*Hysterical laughter erupts from the phone for a solid 20 minutes*

Tepper: "Call back. Offer them our entire draft, this year and next, and anyone on our roster they want!"

Scott: "....yeah, think I'm just gonna real quietly file these restructures.."

TL;DR: Jokes aside, I think the rumored offer was 100% real. I think Tepper is still very much "all in" but his FO and coaching staff aren't really vibing with it, and I think the offer shows that. I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell Watson lands in Carolina. I obviously could be wrong, and maybe Tepper forces the selling of the farm for him, but I just can't see it playing out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Is that actually what happened? If so, I don't really see anything Watson did wrong.

And that’s why women are attacked both physically and sexually at such an alarming rate, opinions like that. 

Read the complaint. If it’s true, what he did was despicable 

Edited by Rainmaker90

FYI, this is a pathetic smear campaign.

Final score will be a 1980s style Super Bowl blowout:

Rusty Hardin 55  Ambulance Chaser Tony Buzbee 0

I hope discovery reveals communications with Cal McNair and Tony Buzbee so he's forced to sell the team.

I would countersue like crazy over the social media attacks.

• Like 3

If the NFL finds a single text message from a single member of the Texans FO to Buzbee then they will be within their rights to void the Watson contract and make him a free agent. You don't get to commit crimes to keep the "prisoners" in line.

(Cal's dad called the players 'prisoners')

• Like 1