Washington Football Team will Trade for Aaron Rodgers. (You heard it here 1st)

aceinthehouse

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

To be fair, that's what Nick Caserio is saying as well...

The NFL is a business and players are stock options. ANY player is ALWAYS up for sale at the right price. I don't care what the media "quotes"/

I don't put much stock in what the media puts out as "quotes" (which is only to draw views). Especially this time of year when alot of teams are just using the media as a smoke screen to throw off other teams to hide their intentions come draft time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

March 12th-to-March 19th to be exact.

We should at minimum, hear rumors of Washington & Rodgers linked together.

I don't think Rodgers is going to be traded, but you are right that just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it can't.

Free agency officially starts on the 17th, but UNOFFICIALLY it begins on the 15th.

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

March 12th-to-March 19th to be exact.

We should at minimum, hear rumors of Washington & Rodgers linked together.

Yeah, because GB is going to eat 37 million in dead cap to satisfy your baseless prediction.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Yeah, because GB is going to eat 37 million in dead cap to satisfy your baseless prediction.

A team trading for a certain player can eat some/all of that dead cap as part of compensation in a trade.

So basically, a team like Washington could trade for Rodgers & let's say hypothetically.... eat 20 million of that dead cap in a trade for Rodgers.

So this in turn, would create cap space for Green Bay as part of the trade for Rodgers.

Which in turn would help Washington in draft resources as far as making that trade.

So what would usually cost 3 firsts, a 2nd, a 4th, etc for a hof, nfl pro bowl MVP player like Rodgers in a trade?

Might not cost as much as some would think, because of the dead cap eaten by Washington in a Rodgers trade.

Yes, I've already thought of that.....😁

The next question from you guys should be....

So how many NFL teams could make a trade with Green Bay for Rodgers, while eating 20+million or more dead cap as compensation in a Rodgers trade?

My answer: Not many 😁

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

So how many NFL teams could make a trade with Green Bay for Rodgers, while eating 20+million or more dead cap as compensation in a Rodgers trade?

My answer: Not many 😁

NYJ have $73M
NE have $68M
DEN have $47M
CAR have $37M
MIA have $37M

On 2/3/2021 at 1:00 PM, ET80 said:

I would make a ridiculous post about this - but with the way fate has been kicking the hell out of me lately, all that would mean is WFT would trade for Deshaun Watson for like a 5th round pick.

So, yes. I agree.

Feel Better Cheer Up GIF

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 1:11 PM, aceinthehouse said:

They sure have, Hunter.

My most recent prediction: 

Predicting the Redskins would win the lowly NFC East in late November? How bold.

What's funny is you only won it, at 7-9, because the Eagles threw the game LOL

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Predicting the Redskins would win the lowly NFC East in late November? How bold.

What's funny is you only won it, at 7-9, because the Eagles threw the game LOL

Holy crap, man. Who cares about the the record and how they got there? Tampa Bay was a freaking wild card and won the Super Bowl. Are fans downplaying that because they didn't win their division? No. So there is no need to downplay a team that actually did win their division fair and square.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

Holy crap, man. Who cares about the the record and how they got there? Tampa Bay was a freaking wild card and won the Super Bowl. Are fans downplaying that because they didn't win their division? No. So there is no need to downplay a team that actually did win their division fair and square.

This. Plus, let's be honest, Washington was absolutely the best team in the division last season. They gave Tampa Bay a run for their money, with a deep backup QB, in the playoffs. 

Had they not lost time with Haskins at QB, they likely win the division by a wide margin.