Washington Football Team will Trade for Aaron Rodgers. (You heard it here 1st)

aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He also posted WFT would make the playoffs last year, in like Week 5 when things were not looking good.

You mean when no one in the Division had more then 1 Win through 5 gms,  WTF was 1 game out and the NFCE records were this? Nostradamus he is! I mean talk about going out on a limb on a prayer. 👌

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles (1-2-1) 

Dallas Cowboys (1-3) 

Washington Football Team (1-3) 

New York Giants (0-4) 

Edited by Nabbs4u

23 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You mean when no one in the Division had more then 1 Win through 5 gms,  WTF was 1 game out and the NFCE records were this? Nostradamus he is! I mean talk about going out on a limb on a prayer. 👌

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles (1-2-1) 

Dallas Cowboys (1-3) 

Washington Football Team (1-3) 

New York Giants (0-4) 

This isn't the point of contention, though...

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That the 1, literally 1 singularity with his predictions where Ace was remotely right. 

This is. His predictions are two, not literally one.

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

This way on the off chance it comes true, I can scream from the rooftop See I said it first. Never mind the Disappearing into the shadows like Matts running to Reditt on the other 99 that never remotely came close. Just saying. 

You can say a lot about Ace and his wild stuff, but if you're making a claim that Ace "disappears into the shadows," then you're sorely mistaken.

I think his predictions are wild and out there... but he doesn't hide out when he's wrong.

• Like 4

And btw, I have my reasons for why Washington will trade for Rodgers.

They want a veteran. 

We all love the Alex Smith Story, but his quality of life & health matched with his pricetag is not what Washington has for the expectations for the team.

Heinicke played very good in the playoff game vs Bucs. However, going into the season with his experience & injuries has to be worrisome to all staff. As a backup? He's perfect, actually.

Kyle Allen will be fighting for that 3rd spot. Yes, they did trade a 5th Rd pick to aquire him. But like Heinicke, he lacks the experience as well to rely upon.

1)D. Watson= Going to cost more in draft resources & players than Rivera would want to pay. Too many teams have way more draft picks & vets they are willing to part with to aquire Watson. This is a battle for Watson that Rivera wants no part of & I don't blame him. It would cost 3 1sts, Chase Young & possibly Sweat, Payne or Sherff. And quite honestly, that's more ridiculous, than this prediction thread. 

D. Carr= I've never been a fan. I hope Rivera isn't either. The only thing I can say about D. Cart is...well, he's better than his brother was. That is sure not saying much. I wanted Stafford & thought he would have been a great addition. In fact, I posted a thread on our team page, about what would it take to get him. That was well before the Stafford trade happened....and guess what? Rivera & Washington offered detroit our 1st(#19) & and next year's 3rd to Detroit for Stafford. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. The Rams beat us to the punch.

Dak= Not impossible, but I don't believe Dallas will let him go. Rivera isn't going to sit on his hands so he can wait & hope it happens. Not to mention the suiters out there wanting a young star & willing to pay for it.

Rivera wants to draft his own QB, but he wants to win now, with this young great Defense & young team in general.

The best way to do that, is get a stud older vet QB who you can win with now, while having a young backup who can learn & be ready when it's his turn. 

Rodgers probably has at least 2 or 3 good years left, if he can stay healthy. 

I also believe Green Bay wants to know what they have in QB Jordan Love. They've already given him a modest extension, but he hasn't played much...

Denver is already sniffing around, but I believe Washington will be the team that lands him.

Either way, I do not see Rodgers with Green Bay. I think this was his last year there.

14 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

According to these guys, Denver may try to get Rodgers: https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/video/nfl/would-den-try-trade-rodgers

Can't really blame them. It worked before when they aquired P. Manning. They know Drew Lock probably isn't going to beat out Mahommes & the Chiefs for the division.

They also have the #9 pick in the 1st to dangle. Which is better than Washington's #19 pick.

But it's probably going to cost 2 firsts, a significant player & probably a 3rd round pick at least to land Rodgers.

But Denver could also be thinking one of the QB's in the draft @#9 as well.

Next few weeks are really going to be interesting.

• Like 1

Haha come on now. Rodgers will not get traded. You can justify and argue all day long but why would Gb have any interest in moving the MVP right now? You will have a 31 mil dead cap hit and only save 5 mil. Love has yet to show he is capable of being a back up let alone a starter. This is a thread based on wishful thinking and Madden like tendencies. A HC like Lafleur wants to keep his job and I assume GM Gutekunst does to, so trading him is out of the question. GM/HC tandems majority have lasted 1 contract. McDermott is the 7th longest tenured HC in the NFL and he was hired 2017. No one just dumps their franchise qb, especially when you were 1 game away from making the superbowl mainly because of that QB. This may be argued a year from now when his dead cap hit drops to half and that he is a year older and love has now been groomed for 2 years and even then he has to look like he is a respectable qb to start in the league before you let him go. This isn't Alex Smith type move where KC had the better Qb in the waiting ala Mahomes. 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:46 PM, aceinthehouse said:

It's called Math, Danny. You should try it.

Stats are from profootball reference.

Anyways....It's Feb. 21st.

Just 3 weeks away from seeing/hearing Rodgers being traded to the Washington Football Team. (March 12th-thru-March 19th)

Thought I would bump this thread, so the naysayers can have some fun.

Might as well enjoy it while you can.

Cause soon....Rodgers will be traded to the Washington Football Team & Ron Rivera will get the guy he wants to lead this team.

I can't wait! 🤩

I mean, whatever mental gymnastics you need to do in order to "support" your argument I'm interested in.

While I do not think Rodgers will be anything but a Packer in 2021, I think his value is being drastically overstated. Rodgers is 37 years old. Favre was 38 when he was traded to the Jets in 2008. The Packers only received a conditional 4th rounder. And this was also after an incredible season in 2007. If Rodgers were to be traded, I think a first rounder and a high-caliber starter (perhaps pick 19 and Montez Sweat or Jonathan Allen) would be enough. Anything else, to me, would be an overpayment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

While I do not think Rodgers will be anything but a Packer in 2021, I think his value is being drastically overstated. Rodgers is 37 years old. Favre was 38 when he was traded to the Jets in 2008. The Packers only received a conditional 4th rounder. And this was also after an incredible season in 2007. If Rodgers were to be traded, I think a first rounder and a high-caliber starter (perhaps pick 19 and Montez Sweat or Jonathan Allen) would be enough. Anything else, to me, would be an overpayment.

Thank you...

I do think Rodgers will fetch a little more than what most would want to give, but the price for QB's this off season has been a little wacky. Not to mention coming off of an MVP season.

I've got us trading away our 1st (#19)...

One of our 3rds this draft (we currently have 2 of them)

Another 1st in 2022. (Will be another late 1st, since we will repeat as Division winners, even though that hasn't happened since 2004-05 season)

And DL Matt Ionitus= outstanding player that is expendable because he's a bit older than the 4 studs on our line & will command a nice contract we simply can't, nor should try to match with our current studs.

We also can help Green Bay with the 31M dead cap they would face in trading Rodgers. That also helps in lowering the compensation in a Rodgers trade. Washington has the cap to do it.

And any fan that thinks we are trading Chase Young or Montez Sweat, for their QB?

Can keep dreaming...Rivera isn't trading away the best double combo of Pass Rushing Defensive Ends in the League. Not gonna happen...😜

We could trade DT Jonathon Allen, who's coming up on a contract extension.

Even trading Deron Payne should be a dream to opposing fans. Not impossible, but I don't see it happening.

And the only reason these 2 DT's couple remotely be in any trade?

Is because we have a backup named Tim Settle. Who would  be starting for any team in the League, if he wasn't on Washington. Also a trade candidate.

But Sweat & Young?

There's more of a chance of me nailing this Rodgers to Washington prediction & Rodgers taking us to 3 consecutive Superbowl victories....

Than any of the 31 teams trading for Sweat & Young.

It should be a law firm...

I know how important these 2 pass Rushers are...Rivera knows how important these 2 are. They go knowhere.

If Houston called in trading Watson, but wanted one of these guys?

I'd laugh and then hang up the phone....

That's how good these 2 are & together on the field.

Should start to hear rumblings of Rodgers being traded very soon. In about 2 weeks.

Remember, The 2021 NFL free-agency period, which officially begins at 4 p.m. ET on March 17.

I've got March 12th-to-March 19th on when a Rodgers to Washington will at least be rumored to happen, if not happen during that timeframe as well.

So keep your hats on, cause this ride is gonna get crazy.

Hopefully, we hear of these rumors beforehand.

Gonna be an exciting free agency period. I can't wait!

On 2/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, BigTimeRedskins said:

And that in a nutshell is why any chance of a trade is close to zero percent likely. Not zero as there's always a chance but very close to it.

If Packers trade Rodgers they would be left with Love who was a QB3 project last season and has yet to  prove he can be a NFL backup let alone starter plus the mother and father of all dead cap hits on Rodgers to go with the rest of their cap issues. In other ways they go from being a championship contender to being a back of the field team that may not contend for a very long time. And you do that for a few picks. Honestly that's a laughable suggestion. Maybe you do it from a huge haul of picks to rebuild your team. If I was Packers head office, I want 4 1st round picks for Rodgers. Not because that's what I think he is worth (anything close to it) but because I'm not prepared to basically give up on competing for a few years for anything less.

Like you say, for a team like Washington you are looking at trading for a 37 year QB who has had injury issues in the past. He had an amazing 2020 but was less than amazing in 2019 so maybe could take a year to get comfortable. All things considered, for the buyer, a first round pick sounds about right.

Its a scenario where the gap what the two sides would offer/want is so vast, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to even make the call.

• Like 1

Rolled my eyes at this thread.  But...it....is....interesting.

Then there's the financial reality.  Packers are over the cap.  Trading Rodgers doesn't even get them under the cap.

Talk to me in a year, throw me Chase Young, a first in 2022 and 2023 and we can talk.

Or...simply give me a second round pick for Jordan Love right now.