House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

3 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

How so? They are equally deplorable to me. Both live in a web of deceitful lies. Both prideful, vicious and concerned with appearances more than virtues. Both get taken advantage of by the men around them or dominate them. Neither is a very good mom from what we’ve been shown. 

I hope those two mother hens peck each other’s eyes out. 

Alicent is shown to be actively manipulating her children to hate their family, inadvertently getting multiple likeable characters killed, and taking a knife to try and attack a child after disobeying Viserys by ORDERING the mutilation of a child.

I fail to see anything that Rhaenyra has done that's as morally bad as any of those 3 things. She obviously isn't perfect, but she hasn't been shown to be nearly as morally evil as Alicent on screen.

• Like 2

remotely? Granted the knife thing was out of left field, as even Otto had never seen that in her. But …

Rhyneara doesn’t even tell her children who their real father is, and continues to live as though her kids aren’t bastards, then loses her temper and cries to her daddy in the face of this truth, had a dude killed with daemon’s scheme that she put into motion, oh, bones her uncle, marries a guy and then kinda neuters him, seduces and uses ser criston. There’s not much difference. Who is to say she would’ve reacted much differently had one her kids been ganged up on and had his eye cut out, for speaking truthfully? And just wait…She’s only been married to daemon for 3 minutes. 

they’re both conniving mother hens bro. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

5 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

remotely? Granted the knife thing was out of left field, as even Otto had never seen that in her. But …

Rhyneara doesn’t even tell her children who their real father is, and continues to live as though her kids aren’t bastards, then loses her temper and cries to her daddy in the face of this truth, had a dude killed with daemon’s scheme that she put into motion, oh, bones her uncle, marries a guy and then kinda neuters him, seduces and uses ser criston. There’s not much difference. Who is to say she would’ve reacted much differently had one her kids been ganged up on and had his eye cut out, for speaking truthfully? And just wait…She’s only been married to daemon for 3 minutes. 

they’re both conniving mother hens bro. 

Rhyneara hasnt been a white knight or anything but shes been written morally as a clear level above all the other players. Unless its a huge plot device down the road, not having her kill her husband is silly. It would have been peak GOT, totally unexpected and show that everyone is a bit of a POS. 

Plenty of time for her to do something horrible though. 

The actor change for Rhaenyra is almost as jarring as the Daario Naharis switch. They feel and look totally different. Alicent looks like essentially the same person though. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Everyone needs to hire new guards because the fact that the kids could fight for that long, Alicent could get that close to and injure Rhaenyra, and Qarl could "kill" Laenor is kind of pathetic.

They get a pass from me. Viserys thinks he’s a poor king because he reigned through a time of peace (but would’ve been a poor king anytime). The guards suck because it’s peace time, no one knows how to defend or has sense of urgency because they’ve never needed to. Criston Cole was a surprise hire that actually knew how to fight. I can excuse lax defense because what happened was unprecedented for them all. The kids were assumed to be in bed and not hellbent to kill each other. Qarl got to Laenor because Laenor wanted him to, so guards were probably light and the ones on got surprise killed by Daemon. Maybe the only one that didn’t make sense was allicent and rhaenyra but I figure they assumed nothing would happen since allicent was considered a rational person and not a warrior and settling it themselves might’ve gone healthier than the guards creating a brawl. 

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The actor change for Rhaenyra is almost as jarring as the Daario Naharis switch. They feel and look totally different. Alicent looks like essentially the same person though. 

I don't see that.  I've seen people age and look way more different than she looks compared to the younger actress.  She's not a child anymore, she should feel a lot different.  She's a grown *** woman with three kids, a complicated home life, and an ever building amount of tension and strife.  I thought both of the new women killed it.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonStark said:

People nitpicking GOT? Nah, never. 

It's got a very..... "energetic" following lol. I can see why people would do it but man, taking **** like this too seriously isn't really necessary. Maybe it's b/c I'm coming in w/ a naive perspective. I might be this way when The Last of Us airs but I doubt it..... we'll see lol

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't see that.  I've seen people age and look way more different than she looks compared to the younger actress.  She's not a child anymore, she should feel a lot different.  She's a grown *** woman with three kids, a complicated home life, and an ever building amount of tension and strife.  I thought both of the new women killed it.

Alcock is just such a unique looking human that any time jump was going to seem off at first. The older version personality wise is exactly what one should expect. Thats exactly how I would expect Rhaenyra to age into. 

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

What a great but awkward episode.

Alicent is extremely unlikable for me. Was a nobody before he father decided to pimp her out, now she thinks shes entitled to crap.

Well she is the Queen and has been for about 15 years. That does give one certain amount of say.

Cristian Cole is the worst. So salty because a 16 year old didn’t want to run away with him 10 years ago.

Also, Rhanerya needs a better bodyguard. Whoever is her Kingsguard is doing a lousy job protecting her.

• Like 1

Just now, Acgott said:

Well she is the Queen and has been for about 15 years. That does give one certain amount of say.

Cristian Cole is the worst. So salty because a 16 year old didn’t want to run away with him 10 years ago.

Also, Rhanerya needs a better bodyguard. Whoever is her Kingsguard is doing a lousy job protecting her.

The bold part is so true as well. I wanted to mention him but completely forgot. He chose that path, Rhaenyra wanted him in his life but wanted to but wanted to keep it a secret. its not like she said no, well never eff again or wont see each other again.

I don't like anyone on the show. Probably because I don't think I'm supposed to. The actors are doing a nice job. The Targaryens are all crazy in some aspect. I more so just feel bad for the King because he just wants everything to be right. The others though. The kids are all awful, well Alicent's.

The Velaryon's were likeable enough and just get hated on.

• Like 1