What are you thinking about?

pwny

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Speaking of EV's @Forge and anyone else - are Tesla's (remove all the Elon Musk bs) actually worth it, or should I go a different route if I want one?

So I wasn't sure how well everything would go with the EV and I just kind of dipped a toe in. 2 years ago there was a "new" used leaf SL plus that came up for sale at one of the dealerships and after a test drive, I bought it since i was buying a new car anyway. I didn't really go into the full EV research. 

It's not nearly as decked out as some of those cars, but I was really just looking for something functional and I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg yet since I didn't know how I'd feel. It has decent enough range for daily commuting (like 210 miles topped out) so that was good enough for me. But now that I've had it a couple of years, I'm probably ready to commit to other EVs.  I now read reviews and watch various videos to see how they all compare. Teslas tend to do well review wise even as more cars enter the market, but it's no longer the only premier EV. 

I like BMWs (I also enjoy Subarus, but they are only just hitting the EV market and Lexus hasn't really moved into it yet), so I've been looking quite a bit at the i4 as potentially my next EV and it's gotten wonderful talk from everything I've personally seen and read and it's reasonably affordable compared to like the EQS from Mercedes or the Lucid.  I've seen some very good things about the mach-e, Ioniq and EV6 if you're looking for something more like a crossover or suv. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

So I wasn't sure how well everything would go with the EV and I just kind of dipped a toe in. 2 years ago there was a "new" used leaf SL plus that came up for sale at one of the dealerships and after a test drive, I bought it since i was buying a new car anyway. I didn't really go into the full EV research. 

It's not nearly as decked out as some of those cars, but I was really just looking for something functional and I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg yet since I didn't know how I'd feel. It has decent enough range for daily commuting (like 210 miles topped out) so that was good enough for me. But now that I've had it a couple of years, I'm probably ready to commit to other EVs.  I now read reviews and watch various videos to see how they all compare. Teslas tend to do well review wise even as more cars enter the market, but it's no longer the only premier EV. 

I like BMWs (I also enjoy Subarus, but they are only just hitting the EV market and Lexus hasn't really moved into it yet), so I've been looking quite a bit at the i4 as potentially my next EV and it's gotten wonderful talk from everything I've personally seen and read and it's reasonably affordable compared to like the EQS from Mercedes or the Lucid.  I've seen some very good things about the mach-e, Ioniq and EV6 if you're looking for something more like a crossover or suv. 

It's actually funny you mention the i4 because that's exactly what I was looking at since I already have a BMW and I've seen those i4's at the dealership and they are BEAUTIFUL.

And I was also looking at the Mustang Mach-E GT and Audi E-Tron but like idk enough about any of these cars to compare them. 

The only negative thing I've heard about Tesla's is that sometimes you get one with shoddy parts but otherwise yeah it seems like the Model 3 is like the Toyota of EV's in how solid it is all around.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scar988 said:

How Crypto is a ponzi scheme and anyone who got in and out at the right times was genius. 

Ponzi schemes sound much more fun if you substitute fonzi for ponzi. 

True story

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Forge said:
11 hours ago, scar988 said:

How Crypto is a ponzi scheme and anyone who got in and out at the right times was genius. 

Ponzi schemes sound much more fun if you substitute fonzi for ponzi. 

True story

@ramssuperbowl99 and I were supposed to start a ponzi scheme. Either it never got started… or it’s doing SO well that I don’t even know I’m sitting on a half billion somewhere.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Several kids have screamed in the audience of the dance recital I’m at, zero adults. It’s a good thing humans stop doing that at a certain age. 

I hope you didnt let that ruin your performance. If i know you like i think i do, you likrly did very well though

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I hope you didnt let that ruin your performance. If i know you like i think i do, you likrly did very well though

I did the splitz 

Has anyone here bought or ridden in one of those foldable kayaks? I'm looking for something to bring with me for when I go up to the lake. The inflatable ones (I think ISLE is the brand) I've seen in person and they are super, super nice, but also incredibly expensive. The foldable ones are much more reasonable.

48 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

1 out of 10 people are financially abused in some way by their parents.  

This is absolutely mind-blowing.  

What about Uncles? Specifically named Sam... 

• Like 1