Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Clowney does it at a much greater size though. 

Takk should clean up some of myles disruptions which will be nice

I think we will get a lot more out of Takk than most people seem to think.

Probably more than we would get out of a DE pick at 26.

That's what he was, and now, with some years of NFL experience, from all I am reading out to prove we was worth it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bruceb said:

That's what he was, and now, with some years of NFL experience, from all I am reading out to prove we was worth it.

To be fair, if we sign Clowney I expect an early injury, and if we don’t draft someone then Takk will get a lot of playing time, though maybe the guy we pilfered from Miami is something.  I also wouldn’t mind seeing more of Gustin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

To be fair, if we sign Clowney I expect an early injury, and if we don’t draft someone then Takk will get a lot of playing time, though maybe the guy we pilfered from Miami is something.  I also wouldn’t mind seeing more of Gustin.

Ya, I do not see our solution to Garrett's running mate being one player, no matter who else, if anyone, we acquire or draft.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Clowney does it at a much greater size though. 

Takk should clean up some of myles disruptions which will be nice

I agree, Clowney has to prototype size but I think many are discounting that Takk has freak athleticism as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Gustin is a wild card for me too. He has shown some flashes as a disruptor and animal in the trenches

7 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

He dominated the one game he played significant snaps last year.  I wanted to see more last year.

I would say a dominating game would be multiple sacks ( he had zero sacks last year), multiple QBs (he had 2 QB hits all year last year), living in the backfield with TFLs (he had 2 TFLS all year last year). The game where he played a majority of the snaps, was against Was, where he took 83% of the snaps, no sacks, no QB hits, and no TFLs. No exactly what I want from my DE. He is a solid back up but he shouldn’t be on the 2 deep

13 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I also wouldn’t mind seeing more of Gustin.

Meh, I would like to see more production. He was ok last year, with larger expectations from me, he and pretty much everyone outside of Myles and OV were disappointments in my book, they all can be replaced.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bruceb said:

ImperturbableBouncyArabianoryx-max-1mb.g

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

I think we're also discounting Curtis Wright.

He was INSANELY productive in college.

He's not Uber athletic but he just gets production.

All that being said I agree we draft someone.   We would have a rotation of Garrett, Takk, our draft pick, wright, and Gustin.  I think that will be passable at worst and depending on what takk brings and what the rookie has could be very effective.