Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

We have some tough decisions to make soon.  I love Landry on the field and in the locker room.  But our culture has changed.  Losing him won’t destroy it.  We can thank him for being a part of that for years to come.  I do think he walks.

That said, just call me Nostradamus.  Higgins has a very solid year again, and this time will be rewarded by the Browns.  Not with a bank breaking contract but a solid 3 to 4 year deal.  He can replace Juice on the field.

OBJ will not be back.  He just isn’t that good anymore.

moneyball.  Chubb will be gone.  

Njoku will be gone.

RBs we have Hunt and we will have another guy drafted to split with him.  Possibly a mid round draft pick this year to be groomed.

dpj may or may not be able to step in as a starter.  It depends on if he develops this year.

We are going to cash in on comp picks.  This I think is our last year of big FA signings for a while.  When Landry, OBJ, Chubb, Njoku all leave at the same time for big contracts we will own the middle of the 2023 draft because of it.

our dollars next year will be to pay Baker, Ward, and teller.

36 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Nostradamus. 

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now, if we’re moving on from both of those guys next year, we’d be wise to invest something somewhat significant into the position this year.

Im not saying a first per se, but a day 2 pick that would be given a year to develop would be great.

I hate depending on rookies, especially when you don’t have to.

I would love Rondale Moore in round 2. He's electric, competitive, and produced at a high level in every game he played.

I also think if we ever had to choose between OBJ and Landry, we would pick Juice. He can play wherever and he's a safety valve for Baker at this point and the leadership he brings is immeasurable. We can afford one of those guys. 

Guys like Clowney and Malik Jackson and Njoku could be gone after a year.

Plus, I really think the longer the Chubb situation plays out, the less likely it is that he'll be back long-term. 

We don't have to gut the team.

• Like 1

Remember there’s new TV money coming next year. The cap is expected to go up to about 250M in the next 3 years. So we might not have to cut anyone as long as we are smart and don’t start resigning players who would normally make 10M to like 20M deals like what happened in the nba when their cap spike happened. 

25 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I also think if we ever had to choose between OBJ and Landry, we would pick Juice. He can play wherever and he's a safety valve for Baker at this point and the leadership he brings is immeasurable. We can afford one of those guys. 

Guys like Clowney and Malik Jackson and Njoku could be gone after a year.

Plus, I really think the longer the Chubb situation plays out, the less likely it is that he'll be back long-term. 

We don't have to gut the team.

This is another good point.  Guys like Clowney, Takk, Jackson, the one year contracts essentially.  If they do happen to have a good year and rehabilitate their worth and sign big contracts elsewhere, more for the comp pick formula.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

no WR got anything on the open market tho. Higgins had a good season last year and was one of the few WRs who actually got a decent amount of targets and avg 16yards a catch. believe only 9 total WRs did that last year and Hollywood was one of them 

He would have gone somewhere else for 3.5 million.the whole nfl doesnt value him.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

He would have gone somewhere else for 3.5 million.the whole nfl doesnt value him.

I honestly don’t care what the whole NFL thinks or values.  I care what the Browns think or value.  I care what he brings to the table.  He is clutch, runs very good routes, and has sticky hands.  Our QB trusts him, and he is productive.

that comment reminds me of the guy in high school that is dating a girl that he is completely into, but she isn’t the prom Queen so his peers tease him about it and he dumps her.

So after the Clowney signing, I hear the browns are looking to sign one more player, a boundary CB, and they should be ready for the draft!

I looked into the available players, and it seems like Richard Sherman, Janoris Jenkins, Malcolm Butler, and Quinton Dunbar are the most likely.

Any thoughts on preference?  I like Butler and Jenkins the best on 1 year deals and will probably be replaced by someone drafted or a healthy Greedy by 2022.