Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

40 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I wasn’t actually asking you to provide an audit. I’m fairly certain that doesn’t exist. We’re going to have to wait 55 years to find anything close to that.

These vaccine trials were some of the most closely watched and audited in history, followed by extensive post marketing surveillance.

Unfortunately, if people come at this with the idea that everyone is lying to them, then no amount of evidence will ever convince them otherwise.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

These vaccine trials were some of the most closely watched and audited in history, followed by extensive post marketing surveillance.

Unfortunately, if people come at this with the idea that everyone is lying to them, then no amount of evidence will ever convince them otherwise.

We’re living in it. I don’t know why the trials had the results that they did. But 90% would make break through cases a rare occurrence. And they’re happening all the time. Even by the theory that enough people aren’t vaccinated. Israel is heavily vaccinated and shouldn’t still be having the problems they are. Why is this even controversial? Everyone should want a vaccine that’s as effective as possible.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Why is this even controversial? Everyone should want a vaccine that’s as effective as possible.

Its because we have them, but you refuse to believe it. Vaccines arent more effective, you are asking for something that never happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

And schools required kids to be vaccinated. People have to get the vaccines for them to work. 

In certain necks of the woods (read: like mine) a certain group of men seem intent on legislating vaccines out of existence and those that support this certain group of men show up at schools and school board meetings all up in arms about children being vaccinated. It's an odd world we live in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

We’re living in it. I don’t know why the trials had the results that they did. But 90% would make break through cases a rare occurrence. And they’re happening all the time. Even by the theory that enough people aren’t vaccinated. Israel is heavily vaccinated and shouldn’t still be having the problems they are. Why is this even controversial? Everyone should want a vaccine that’s as effective as possible.

These arguments are common, but they fall apart when looking at actual data.

Laymen are dependent on news stories that try to summarize studies in a one line headline meant to catch your attention.  As such they are very misleading.

You would be surprised at the difference if you could see the trial data or at least read the published study for yourself.

Variants clearly affect the efficacy, as does age of the recipient and the time since dosing, but they clearly do reduce spread in the community.

6 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Laymen are dependent on news stories that try to summarize studies in a one line headline meant to catch your attention.

If we are to get specific with the person you're talking to, he's dependent on... TikTok and Joe Rogan highlights.

So... you're not exactly quoting a member of Mensa, you know?

Of the 600 passengers on two KLM flights from South Africa, 61 tested positive for the coronavirus. The two flights landed at Schiphol yesterday morning. All passengers had to be tested, because of the new variant of the coronavirus that is circulating in southern Africa.

It is not yet clear whether the 61 infections are the omikron variant. All travelers who have arrived from southern Africa since Monday will be asked by the GGD to get tested as soon as possible.

All passengers over the age of 13 who flew from South Africa to the Netherlands had to show a negative rapid test of no more than 24 hours old when boarding.

Source

So ~10% of the people who had a negative rapid test showed up positive by the next day. Yikes. Even if they don't have the Omicron variant, that still isn't a great number.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

If we are to get specific with the person you're talking to, he's dependent on... TikTok and Joe Rogan highlights.

So... you're not exactly quoting a member of Mensa, you know?

Sass Reaction GIF by Gogglebox Australia

From the critical thinkers who simultaneously knew there was a lab in Wuhan where they study coronaviruses and believed it came from a wet market down the street.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

So ~10% of the people who had a negative rapid test showed up positive by the next day. Yikes. Even if they don't have the Omicron variant, that still isn't a great number.

I was positive last year and had a PCR say I was negative. I had to get a blood test to show I had the antibodies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It’ll be really concerning if they were also unvaccinated. As it is, the pre testing was a nice layer of mitigation but shouldn’t be replacing vaccination itself.

Edited by Xenos