2021 Free Agency Thread NFL/MIN

CriminalMind

On 4/19/2021 at 10:02 PM, Ozzy said:

Bisi Johnson had what 14 catches 189 yards last year, Jakobi Meyers had 59 catches and 729 yards last year.  I disliked the Bisi Johnson pick and made it known, brought up they could have selected Jakobi Meyers instead who was a UDFA by the Patriots.  So I am not totally full of ****.  

Idk I think that's due more so to the system. Kubiak doesn't give his 3rd receiver many chances I believe.

Meyers had almost 3 times as many snaps as Johnson did, so it's really not even close to a fair comparison.  And I don't know if you've seen that New England WR corps...they're terrible.  Meyers wouldn't be higher than 4th on the depth chart here either.

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Idk I think that's due more so to the system. Kubiak doesn't give his 3rd receiver many chances I believe.

Maybe but Beebe out played Bisi as well and got more targets and was on the field more because he is better last season and more effective.  Sure Bisi does not have as many opportunities but not like the Patriots are playing 5 WRs on the field at the same time, they run the ball a lot and play multiple TEs as well.  

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

Meyers had almost 3 times as many snaps as Johnson did, so it's really not even close to a fair comparison.  And I don't know if you've seen that New England WR corps...they're terrible.  Meyers wouldn't be higher than 4th on the depth chart here either.

Yeah he played more because he is a better player.  Meyers is the leading WR on the Patriots team last year with a some what poor or aged QB who is not great at throwing the football.   That is just because he gets more playing time?  No he beat out and out performed the other NFL receivers on their roster.  Bisi obviously has not and probably never will.  But defend him, hopefully he turns out but most likely he will never be anything special in the NFL and Meyers could have more production last year than Bisi has his entire career.  

Is Bisi Johnson's lack of production a huge deal?  No but Vikings probably will draft a WR in this draft no question about it, and yeah some of that has to do with Bisi's development or lack there of.  Decent route runner but at the catch point he is pretty small, does not go up and get the football, is not super fast, is not really big and does not get much separation either.  If he could be a punt return man that would help but but cannot do that either.  

1 hour ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

And taking back a 7th! How else is Rick going to get his multiple 7th RD picks?!! 😁

It doesn't sound like he wants any of them this draft with his comments about how little the amount of players are even available in the draft.  He basically hinted that the 7th rd picks that'll be made this year wouldn't even be draftable in any other year.