Andre James signed to extension

oakdb36

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Autumn wind has blown right out the window with this franchise... nothing makes sense anymore. 

Lost in this, you're now putting the spotlight and pressure on a young player with 1 career start. Has to put up or shut up now vs. being able to ease into the role. From a psychologic standpoint it's dumb as well. 

We really could've signed him to this extension during the season too, which is what makes this even more odd. I personally didn't even think he was going to beat out Nick Martin to start, tbh. 

Reminds me of when the Jaguars traded for Foles and gave him that huge extension. And then their GM publicly said "we gave him more money so he'd get more respect in the locker room."

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, Incognito, Hudson, Osemele, and Brown had all already played at a high level for other teams before they signed with us and Gabe Jackson was a day 1 starter from the Reggie regime. Other than Kolton Miller who else has he really developed for us? Good played pretty well last season but was also a veteran guy that had played for the Colts for a few years before we signed him. And if you're going to praise how well Miller/Good have played you also have to take into account how poorly Simpson/Parker played after being 3rd/4th round picks. 

Simpson played bad? I thought he had a really good game vs Denver.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Also... if you are one of the fans supporting this move because "the staff sees him in practice", please take a lap. 

Paying a player on practice performance is the single dumbest justification you can make here. Insert Allen Iverson meme

I'm sure he looks dominant against Mo Hurst and Kendall Vickers in practice though.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

This is a key component to the who thing. Could be a very low risk high reward deal.

Who cares? There was zero reason to extend him. None. It's bad business no matter the contract. You control him for 2 years. Let him earn it first.

• Like 3

Just now, big_palooka said:

Gruden 2.0 - Punching the Raider in his unpatched eye

Nobody is saying that. We're saying it's just bad business. Will it make or break the team, no. Was it misguided decision, yes.

the decision itself wont make or break the team, but its just another sign of how incompetent the guys running the show are

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Roninho said:

The sky is falling, the sky is falling....

If gruden built a good team or we was winning, moves like this wouldn't get criticize as much. But he isn't. So there is a pattern of moves that really don't make sense. This is right there with the nassib deal. It's it really wrong for fans to want a competent front office that make smart and sensible moves. 

Only explanation is that this is some way of validating the Hudson call and then hoping it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. 

I don’t know if I’m reading too much into these things, but there seem to be decisions that look quite sensible (Mayock) and then weird decisions based on ego (Gruden)

4 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Only explanation is that this is some way of validating the Hudson call and then hoping it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. 

I don’t know if I’m reading too much into these things, but there seem to be decisions that look quite sensible (Mayock) and then weird decisions based on ego (Gruden)

You might be into something with that thinking about it. Just a very strange move. 

Get ready for Andre the Giant Letdown 😀