Johnny Nix 3-rounder

Johnny Nix

Miami's Draft:
    #6    DeVonta Smith    WR
    I think Pitts and Chase are a better fit for What Miami is trying to do.  Although I can let Smith go here.

#18    Azeez Ojulari    EDGE
    Can't give you this one.  The Best edge rusher in this draft is Paye or Rousseau and both are still on the board here.

#36    Spencer Brown    OT
    Brown is at best a late 2nd round or 3rd round prospect.  This would not improve the Dolphins line.  Humphrey would be 
    the pick here or Leatherwood. 

#50    Creed Humphrey    OC
    Taking Humphrey at 36 would open Miami up to take the RB they really need and with Javonte Williams from North Carolina
    Still there, easy pick.  You don't even have him being drafted in your 3 rounds.

#81    Marvin Wilson    DT
    Don't mind this pick as he can play Nose Tackle.  This looks like the kind of pick we would make.

Hate the Raiders picks. They have the starting gaurds so don't need to take one in the 1st. Development in the 3rd I could tak. Leatherwood I'd take in the 2nd but not with Tucker in the 1st.

Ford is nowhere near a 3rd rounder and the same is with Jalen Twyman, both good college players but don't see them translating at all. Mid to late day 3 picks. 

If you would go Jenkins at 17 to slide into RT. Elijah Molden at 49 to play free safety I think he'd transition perfectly or Richie Grant. Then in the 3rd go for Kendrick Green or Trey Smith to be the developmental gaurd to replace Incognito next season. Nick Bolton in the 3rd would be crazy and Marvin Wilson is the type of DT raiders need, lack DTs that can play 1tec and also his leadership is what Mayock loves. 

That is a stinker of a draft for the Steelers considering who is on the board.

Cosmi is not worth a 1st round pick especially with Etienne on the board.  Etienne is an easy pick for the Steelers.

Dickerson has 4 lower body injuries.  I will be surprised if he goes before the 3rd round.  If you want to give the Steelers a center Josh Myers from Ohio State is a good fit.

Shaka Tony is a 4th rounder at best.  This is where you could pick up a OT like Carman or Hudson.

as a side note: Robert Rochell is not a 3rd round pick.  he will be a 6-7th round developmental CB.  He has the athletic traits for a CB but look totally lost in the Senior bowl.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:07 PM, Johnny Nix said:

Mike Zimmer loves early corners, I just saw they signed Mackenzie Alexander, but before that I didn’t think signing an aging Patrick Peterson would stop them from going corner. 

Do you see us giving up/trading away Gladney and Dantzler?

I don't see how a 6th and 7th string CB is more important than a potential starting OL or DE.

Minnesota can't afford to punt on the entire 2021 season.

hi,like the packers picks but i think they will trade QB Rodgers for QB Donald. Pack trades Rodgers and their original 7 picks this year. For all of NYJ's picks this year. I know cap hell this year with dead$ but look good in the future,they also have 2 1 round QB's to choose from. Jets get a chance for the playoffs next 3 years. The pack fills all its holes by draft but concentrates on D in the draft to get them to playoffs this year. Plus chances are pack trades 2nd pick 1st round for more and or higher picks this year.

16 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Chase/Leatherwood > Sewell/Marshall

Disagree.  Burrow brings out the best in Marshall, and while that's not equal to Chase, it's closer to Chase than Leatherwood is to Sewell.  It's splitting hairs tho, so either way, I'm happy

Edited by INbengalfan

On 3/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, Johnny Nix said:

Kyle Pitts
TE Florida

Asante Samuel Jr.
CB Florida State

Daviyon Nixon
DT Iowa

Dylan Moses
LB Alabama

That trade down from 4 would net more than just a 3rd and a 5th. Atlanta had to get at least a future first. Especially for a QB

Pitts is a great pick despite what FF13 says. The team loves him.

Samuel is a great pick too.

DT/3-4 DE isn't really a need and that's Nixon's fit in Atlanta. Would be more likely to see a S, a RB, an OG there.

Off-ball LB isn't a need in Atlanta. Moses would be a terrible pick. We have Deion Jones and Foye Oluokun there and they are both exceptional. Backup Mykal Walker was PFF Defensive Rookie of the Year material. The team also has Edmund Robinson who's a good depth/ST guy. There just isn't a need there. See the earlier 3rd commentary for positional needs. 

On 3/28/2021 at 10:08 PM, praegler said:

Miami's Draft:
    #6    DeVonta Smith    WR
    I think Pitts and Chase are a better fit for What Miami is trying to do.  Although I can let Smith go here.

#18    Azeez Ojulari    EDGE
    Can't give you this one.  The Best edge rusher in this draft is Paye or Rousseau and both are still on the board here.

#36    Spencer Brown    OT
    Brown is at best a late 2nd round or 3rd round prospect.  This would not improve the Dolphins line.  Humphrey would be 
    the pick here or Leatherwood. 

#50    Creed Humphrey    OC
    Taking Humphrey at 36 would open Miami up to take the RB they really need and with Javonte Williams from North Carolina
    Still there, easy pick.  You don't even have him being drafted in your 3 rounds.

#81    Marvin Wilson    DT
    Don't mind this pick as he can play Nose Tackle.  This looks like the kind of pick we would make.

I agree with you on #6, that will be Pitts or Chase.
I agree with you on #18 as well. Far better edge rushers to select. I like Rousseau  just a little more than Paye, but either works.
I agree with you on #36 as well, but I think this is RB not OL. 
#50 with Humphrey is ok with me. Interestingly is he is a left handed C, working with a left handed QB, hmm.... interesting. 
#81 is ok. I agree it would seem like the kind of pick we would do, but I'm still thinking we are working on EDGE in that case. Payton Turner, Rashad Weaver and Quincy Roche are available. 

I just think it would be a mutiny if MIA skipped on a RB again this year. There is just no way we don't pick one this year. Someone's head would be on a pike.