Chiefs acquire OT Orlando Brown Jr. from Ravens for picks (incl. 2021 1st rounder)

Apparition

Created a big hole on the OLine. Helped the Chiefs. Got some more draft picks for DeCosta to squander.

All that said. If we hit on these picks(we won’t), it’s a good move.

I wasn’t expecting him to fetch a 1st but I’m becoming more and more of the belief that left tackle and right tackle are the same position.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

It's a great move for the Chiefs, IMO. Protecting Mahomes is the most important thing they need to do. Brown is proved and incredibly durable. Cap space isn't a real problem, they'll figure that out.

For the Ravens, I don't necessarily think it's great value, but it's a move that needs to be made.

But to them? Send him to the other side. Lol like there is more implications other than draft picks. You know how the pats stayed great? People traded with them what seemed to be value? When the draft is a crapshoot usually after pick 3. Sometimes less.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

If my math is correct, Trade value chart values this as Orlando Brown equal to the 45th overall pick.

Which is what I expected.

Kept telling Ravens fans before there's no way they were getting more than a late 1 at most.

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Why in the actual hell would ravens give their greatest threat in the AFC.... you know what Idc. I’m an armchair gm. 

What I said when I predicted this move was that the Ravens are too smart an org to believe in the "don't help the best team in your conference" logic. They traded with the Chiefs because the Chiefs offered the most value. The Chiefs offered the most value because they needed him the most.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Which is what I expected.

Kept telling Ravens fans before there's no way they were getting more than a late 1 at most.

I'm surprised they couldn't get more for him still. Dude has made Pro Bowls (I know) at both RT and LT, while being extremely young and a rising star. Sure he's going to demand a massive contract next year but a proven borderline elite talent at LT is worth it.

• Like 3