Chiefs acquire OT Orlando Brown Jr. from Ravens for picks (incl. 2021 1st rounder)

Apparition

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

This is essentially a 1 year rental for the Chiefs. No way are they able to retain him given what he presumably wants

It's an okay trade for both. I think the Chiefs paid a lot for a 1 year rental - but it solves a critical need in an all-in season

And that's a stupid amount to give up for a 1 year rental. If we made this trade without having an extension worked out before hand...

But that also pretty much guarantees that we won't be able to retain some players after this year. Matheiu, Clark, Reed, Nnadi, among others. And we don't have the draft capital to replace them.

1 minute ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Hundreds of people published their “Final 2021 Mock Draft” in the last couple days already spewing four letter words 

hundreds more out there right now editing every pick so they can be the first with the post Chiefs/Ravens trade mock thinking its gona be the last one before the draft starts lol

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

But I was told that they would easily be able to get #25 and #33 overall for just him and that a certain Ravens fan would quit being a fan of the team if they didn’t get that value. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'm waiting for the backtrack in 3, 2, 1...

You know what... says a lot about this forum that everyone clearly remembers to call someone out for being wrong about value here, but no one is giving a certain someone footballs for the predicting Brown Jr would be traded to the Chiefs when no one was throwing them out as a party and everyone was saying the Ravens wouldn't trade him to a "conference rival" 

Rectify this if you want to avoid hypocrisy.. footballs to the to the bottom right. Thanks!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

You know what... says a lot about this forum that everyone clearly remembers to call someone out for being wrong about value here, but no one is giving a certain someone footballs for the predicting Brown Jr would be traded to the Chiefs when no one was throwing them out as a party and everyone was saying the Ravens wouldn't trade him to a "conference rival" 

Rectify this if you want to avoid hypocrisy.. footballs to the to the bottom right. Thanks!

More than anything it's about the couple people that thought Chark+25 or 25+33 was a must and called us crazy if we thought we'd get him for anything less. That was not just on here but all over social media.

I can't say I remember seeing that prediction but I'll believe you. A football for you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

And that's a stupid amount to give up for a 1 year rental. If we made this trade without having an extension worked out before hand...

But that also pretty much guarantees that we won't be able to retain some players after this year. Matheiu, Clark, Reed, Nnadi, among others. And we don't have the draft capital to replace them.

Right

its either a one year rental, or it turns one (or two) of those others into cap casualties

The Ravens got decent value but they gave up on 2021 by making this trade.

The odds of Chiefs - Bucs II are now at about 56% (75% for each of them getting there)

I'm not worried about the Chiefs signing Brown to a 4 year extension with 3 voidable years for cap hijinks.

Those hijinks still work for everyone but the Saints. (10 years of cap poisoning)

Edited by SkippyX

I may be in the minority for Chiefs fans on this site in saying: LFG!!!!! 

Every OT prospect we have the chance to draft in the upcoming draft is more slanted to the right or meant to be kicked inside to OG or is a "project" OT imo. I agree that the salary cap gets dicey the more we add to the top half of the roster but the best Chiefs player in the last X amount of years NEEDS to be protected by any means necessary. And if anything recently is any indication but our front office finds ways to make things work.

We saw what TB did to our salvation army looking oline in the SB, now you have Thuney and OB watching Patty's hind end and it let's him do what he does. 

The only fear I had from discussions in the Chiefs forum is that OB would get lazy if he got his big $$ but until that day comes we won't know.

• Like 1

I dont get why the ravens would give him up for little in return. In no way is it worth giving up a versatile OT for essentially a 2nd rd swap with mid round picks to follow it up. I dont care if he wanted to get paid you have him locked in for 2 more years (franchise tag) now your not only losing out on it your giving it to one of your main competitors to go to a superbowl. Just baffling on why they thought this was the right move, force him to play out his contract tag and trade him next year why rush it. You now have to hope your LT is 100% and your going to pay the money it cost brown if not more for a 32 year old Tackle in Villanueva. I give this trade an F to Baltimore and an A to KC. KC was going to get at best the 6/7 olineman in the draft at pick 31 hoping they pan in to a long term answer to help out mahomes in which they now have a versatile OT where he has proven he can play both LT and RT. Even if you pay him LT money he could still play RT for you just like Eagles do with Lane Johnson. 

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I may be in the minority for Chiefs fans on this site in saying: LFG!!!!! 

Every OT prospect we have the chance to draft in the upcoming draft is more slanted to the right or meant to be kicked inside to OG or is a "project" OT imo. I agree that the salary cap gets dicey the more we add to the top half of the roster but the best Chiefs player in the last X amount of years NEEDS to be protected by any means necessary. And if anything recently is any indication but our front office finds ways to make things work.

We saw what TB did to our salvation army looking oline in the SB, now you have Thuney and OB watching Patty's hind end and it let's him do what he does. 

The only fear I had from discussions in the Chiefs forum is that OB would get lazy if he got his big $$ but until that day comes we won't know.

I mean at the start of the year we had Fisher/Schwartz protecting our most valuable asset.    I know it's crazy to plan for being down to your 6th/7th OT's in the super bowl.   But the top talent was never the issue,   it's the fact we have horrendous depth behind the top guys because we don't draft.   How much has our starting OT's improved from last year,     how much has our 2nd string improved?