Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i didn't like Fant the prospect, and just prefer Jeudy.

Fair.  I am the opposite.   Like Fant more vs Jeudy... coupled with the WR are easier to find than TE.  

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

someone closely connected to the situation has convinced people that Rodgers was deeply miffed by Kumerow thing and must still bring it up lol

I 100% believe Rodgers would still bring it up

bring it up? Yes. The reason for this situation. no way.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

bring it up? Yes. The reason for this situation. no way.

like anything, it's hard to tell when and what straw broke the camel's hump

in a vacuum, it wouldn't lead to this. As an internal stressor for Rodgers when combined with other things, who knows

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Keep in Mind AJ was with Rodgers this weekend

this is nice and all, but not sure it really means much.   Hawk could be acting as a spokes person for Rodgers and providing spin or cover on some things

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

this is nice and all, but not sure it really means much.   Hawk could be acting as a spokes person for Rodgers and providing spin or cover on some things

I think it means a lot of true. 1. He's not retiring ( no that many believed that), so even if the worst scenario happens Gb can trade him and get value. 2. Confirms the situation is going to be difficult and will take serious work to repair.

The bad results in all of this is... if we are getting all these objectively petty details and if all these little things are eating at Rodgers, this marriage is done.

Like when it starts getting down to this petty stuff... it’s going to be hard to find common things they enjoy about one another.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

The bad results in all of this is... if we are getting all these objectively petty details and if all these little things are eating at Rodgers, this marriage is done.

Like when it starts getting down to this petty stuff... it’s going to be hard to find common things they enjoy about one another.

we just got a soul-read on you, Green19

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think it means a lot of true. 1. He's not retiring ( no that many believed that), so even if the worst scenario happens Gb can trade him and get value. 2. Confirms the situation is going to be difficult and will take serious work to repair.

One big concern for my would simply be him making a big deal of issues like Linsey and Kumerow. If he is truly disgruntled about that, it would mean management has to walk on eggshells regarding every roster move they make during Rodger's stay here. That kind of crap needs to be ironed out if Rodgers is to return (and the roster issue is truly a concern).

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

we just got a soul-read on you, Green19

Haha just saying... just giving him more money isn’t enough. If we are talking about Jake freaking Kumerow and his status on the packers, we are thru the looking glass.

Edited by Green19

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

One big concern for my would simply be him making a big deal of issues like Linsey and Kumerow. If he is truly disgruntled about that, it would mean management has to walk on eggshells regarding every roster move they make during Rodger's stay here. That kind of crap needs to be ironed out if Rodgers is to return (and the roster issue is truly a concern).

Oh fistful, I was using linsely to make a point. There isn’t any chatter about Rodgers being mad about him going.

I said it would make more sense if he was mad about that than Kumerow.

58 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Breaking: Packers trade Rodgers and Adams to Denver for conditional 6th and 7th round picks. 

I posted a theory a few months back on here about the possibility that Rodgers and Adams might get together to form an exit plan and join a contending team ala Brady and Gronk.

Rodgers probably doesn't want to start all over again to form a new rapport with a new WR that will take a few years to develop especially at his age. Adams knows if he sticks with Rodgers he will continue to produce at a high level and therefore extend his career earning power. With Love being drafted and Adams 1 year away from FA, also they saw how Brady and Gronk maneuvered their way out of New England to Tampa and win a superbowl. They probably looked at each other and said "lets do this, lets make it happen".

With that theory in mind, what if Rodgers is posturing that he wants to stay and get an extension to give the impression that he wants to stay when he in fact he actually doesn't and just want to cause enough trouble to force a trade to the team he wants. Then a year later they complete the plan when Adams hits FA.

Just spitballing here. 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I posted a theory a few months back on here about the possibility that Rodgers and Adams might get together to form an exit plan and join a contending team ala Brady and Gronk.

Rodgers probably doesn't want to start all over again to form a new rapport with a new WR that will take a few years to develop especially at his age. Adams knows if he sticks with Rodgers he will continue to produce at a high level and therefore extend his career earning power. With Love being drafted and Adams 1 year away from FA, also they saw how Brady and Gronk maneuvered their way out of New England to Tampa and win a superbowl. They probably looked at each other and said "lets do this, lets make it happen".

With that theory in mind, what if Rodgers is posturing that he wants to stay and get an extension to give the impression that he wants to stay when he in fact he actually doesn't and just want to cause enough trouble to force a trade to the team he wants. Then a year later they complete the plan when Adams hits FA.

Just spitballing here. 😄

It’s a good thing there is a franchise tag then.  Davonte isn’t going anywhere without GB being compensated in some way shape or form.

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

It’s a good thing there is a franchise tag then.  Davonte isn’t going anywhere without GB being compensated in some way shape or form.

But can the Packers afford it though? if we trade Rodgers that will create a lot of dead cap. What if the salary cap barely increases next year?

Just now, Chili said:

But can the Packers afford it though? if we trade Rodgers that will create a lot of dead cap. What if the salary cap barely increases next year?

If Rodgers is gone, they can absolutely afford it.