Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

8 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If Rodgers is traded, I dont think Love plays right away.  I think they bring in a vet until Love is ready.  A telling sign will be if they bring in a legit vet (Not a camp arm) for TC while Rodgers stews.  

Only vet I can see that is avallable right now (FA) that could be a backup/mentor/starter is Bryan Hoyer. We were rummoured to be interested in him a few year back. Either that or you try to convince Alex Smith to come out of retirement...

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If Rodgers is traded, I dont think Love plays right away.  I think they bring in a vet until Love is ready.  A telling sign will be if they bring in a legit vet (Not a camp arm) for TC while Rodgers stews.  

Could be Bridgewater, if a trade were made with Denver.....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Only vet I can see that is avallable right now (FA) that could be a backup/mentor/starter is Bryan Hoyer. We were rummoured to be interested in him a few year back. Either that or you try to convince Alex Smith to come out of retirement...

Nick Mullens has been mentioned ... Former 49'er .. knows the offense. 

34 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It all depends what he shows in the preseason. I think they'll give him every chance to start if Rodgers leaves.

10 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So who is going to take their kids to training camp this year?

We need to get some 11 year old to cuss out Jordan Love if we are just repeating history here...

By teaching kids that young to cuss, couldn't that be construed as child abusive?....

1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Could be Bridgewater, if a trade were made with Denver.....

It would be funny to watch the Packers beat Minnesota with Bridgewater in a Reverse Favre move. 😂😂

• Like 1

So let's say Jordan Love is the starting QB come September. What's the realistic expectation for our 2021 record? Being optimistic, I'm saying best case 7-9, and that's not a slight at Love. Even 12 went 6-10 in his first year as the starter and he was more ready to play than 10. If we're being honest, it might be better to bomb this year, get a top 10 draft pick and reload behind Love for years 3 and 4. 

3 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I hate that Love's first real pre season is going to be bogged down by this. 

This is exactly why you cannot have a situation where Rodgers doesn’t report and the packers refuse to trade him.  This needs to be settled by July 1st IMO.

• Like 1

TBH I would rather sit Rodgers then trade him now. I want a guaranteed high first round pick and your not getting that if you trade him now. Wait for next off-season and trade him to a bottom 3-10 team to get that high first round pick. 

If you trade him now you probably end up with at most like pick 15 or later.