Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers is going to be traded either this year or next.  The question is what does Adams do???  Does he want out via FA or stay with Love in 2022??  Pack would be wise to get a WR or 2 early.  There will be uproar when Rodgers leaves,  better set Love up for success or it won't be pretty for Gute in Titletown.

Was just thinking about this......what does this do to a potential Adams extension..........

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

it makes sense to do it and absorb the cap hit in a single year (since we're post free agency) to free up additional cap in 2022.

Yup.  I would look at a deal to a team with multiple 1st round picks in 2021 and 2022 and good rookie contract players.  Some combination of those make it worksble.

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

1) Trade him this year.

2) Aquire significant draft capital.

3) Absorb significant dead cap this year.

4) Tank this year.

5) Start afresh from next year. 

we won't even tank though, the rest can still happen and this team is still a playoff team w/ Love if we add immediate impact defenders from Rodgers trade assets

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

yeah, i want to load up on defense from Aaron Rodgers trade assets. This offense can hum w/ Love and Co.

Totally agree.

Personally think, we could have one of our best teams ever in 2021. That’s why I don’t believe any of this. 

Other than the Bucs (which we were a Bahk freak injury from beating) we have the best roster in the league and he wants to leave that? 

Not sure Id want him back if that’s true. 

note how silent @Golfman has been throughout this situation. He jumped and down when Jordan Love was drafted last year to the point where he was taking cheap shots at people who disagreed with the pick...

Wonder where he is?🧐

Edited by Joe

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The only cool thing about seeing Schefter every 10 mins talking about Rodgers is that the building in the background is the Cuyahoga County Justice Center (courthouse) where I often work. That's all I got. 

You the guy that sits behind the thick glass with wire embedded in it and pushes the button to open/close the cells?  :)