Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

27 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This story is bogus.  The Packers have not said a word about what they want in a trade for Rodgers.  Silverstein was speculating, and media started running with it.

Agree with Ghost, but let's say we do go for the 2 1's and a 2 and a player of choice.  Forget about QB, what player would you want from the Broncs, which from the Raiders, which from the Fins?  I know who I'd want from the 9'ers but they're out it seems.

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Agree with Ghost, but let's say we do go for the 2 1's and a 2 and a player of choice.  Forget about QB, what player would you want from the Broncs, which from the Raiders, which from the Fins?  I know who I'd want from the 9'ers but they're out it seems.

Don't want any players, all draft picks. 

13 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Jeudy or Surtain from Broncos

Not sure from Raiders.  Waller would be awesome, but doubt he's a possibility.

Not sure from Dolphins.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You wouldn't accept Patrick Surtain in a trade offer?

If Surtain is offered by Denver it is to offset draft picks. If I'm the GM I don't want Surtain, I want draft picks worth the value of Surtain plus additional picks. Not sure why Surtain would be a top want by the Packers when they have Alexander and just invested in Stokes. Equal draft capital could be better used elsewhere. IMO   

2 minutes ago, R T said:

If Surtain is offered by Denver it is to offset draft picks. If I'm the GM I don't want Surtain, I want draft picks worth the value of Surtain plus additional picks. Not sure why Surtain would be a top want by the Packers when they have Alexander and just invested in Stokes. Equal draft capital could be better used elsewhere. IMO   

I guess it doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't be open to a good player with multiple years left on a rookie contract. That's even more valuable than a draft pick.

(Not Surtain specifically, but any rookie contract player that has proven at the NFL level. Especially on DL).

Edited by incognito_man

3 minutes ago, R T said:

How are you getting equal draft capital?  Surtain was the 9th pick.  Any future 1st are going to very likely be mid to late 20's.   you also have to wait 1+ year to use said draft capital.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 15412 said:

First of all, 2 1's, a 2 and a player wouldn't be close to enough compensation for me to deal Rodgers. That's the low-ball offer. 

2 players and 3 1sts to start things off. If they really want 12 we fleece them with throwing in another 2 plus one of the QBs. 

I'd trade 12 to Denver for 3 1's, Jeudy and Surtain/D. Jones, and a maybe swapping another pick or two (ex. we get a 2 but give a 3, etc.) 

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How are you getting equal draft capital?  Surtain was the 9th pick.  Any future 1st are going to very likely be mid to late 20's.   you also have to wait 1+ year to use said draft capital.  

This is the big point for me, and it's also the reason why I think a trade this season is 0-5% likely to happen. The Packers had their shot to trade 12 before the draft and get a top 10 pick if, for example, Denver was the destination. You'll never get another top 10 pick from Denver in a Rodgers trade, unless you wait until next season to trade him. You trade 12 now, you're getting mid-to-high 20s (at best) as 1st rounders from Denver or any team over the next 2-3 years. 

Edited by packfanfb

LV Raiders

Trevon Moehrig
Maxx Crosby
Quinton Jefferson 
2022 1st 
2023 1st
(maybe add in  Marcus Mariotta)

3 relatively cheap players, 2 FRP with the 2022 pick potentially in the 10-15 range.   Mariotta would be a QB competition for the 2021 season

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I guess it doesn't make sense to me why you wouldn't be open to a good player with multiple years left on a rookie contract. That's even more valuable than a draft pick.

(Not Surtain specifically, but any rookie contract player that has proven at the NFL level. Especially on DL).

Need all the 1st round picks the Packers can get so they can draft WR's and ILB's. 😉

Every year a proven player has played is one less year of maximizing the trade value. I would rather attempt to draft a homerun than take an intentional walk.  

Just now, R T said:

Need all the 1st round picks the Packers can get so they can draft WR's and ILB's. 😉

Every year a proven player has played is one less year of maximizing the trade value. I would rather attempt to draft a homerun than take an intentional walk.  

A proven player is far less risky and offsets the expected value commensurately.

Would you rather have a 90% chance to hit a triple or a 5% chance to hit a home run?

Breer says he interviewed some NFL exec’s on what they guessed might be the price needed to get Rodgers. They thought it would take an absolute boatload of assets. 

like: 3 firsts (‘22,’23,’24), 1 second (‘22), AND 3 players (ie. Drew Lock, Bradley Chubb, & Dalton Risner). 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/denver-broncos-land-aaron-rodgers-193800885.html

a good haul, & some nice cheap contracts, though Chubb has his 5th-yr coming up in ‘22. 

• Like 1