Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't want anyone's castoff QB in a trade.  I don't want Lock, I don't want Tua, I don't want Carr.  We have Love and we have Bortles if Love is not yet ready.  If we suck, then we suck and get a good draft pick and can take our choice of QB in the draft.

agreed about Carr 100%

Tua and Lock I'd be fine with (I think) on cheap rookie contracts. They could battle w/ Bortles and we could stash one on PS or trade one or cut one for minimal impact in late August

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Disagree strongly w/ Brandt here. He ALREADY was prepaid this MVP money. It is bad business to double pay for services.

It also very clearly doesn’t solve the assumed issue with AR12, which is that he has no interest in a one year lame duck year. Agree with it or not, it seems he either wants to be traded ASAP and get another year with his new team, or to remain in GB until his career is effectively over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

It also very clearly doesn’t solve the assumed issue with AR12, which is that he has no interest in a one year lame duck year. Agree with it or not, it seems he either wants to be traded ASAP and get another year with his new team, or to remain in GB until his career is effectively over. 

Yes. We should trade him and not overpay him.

• Like 1

We’ve heard reports of Rodgers allegedly talking to players/free agents about GB like he was scaring them off from possibly signing.  Whether or not it’s true remains to be seen but I’m curious if this is referring to JJ Watt.  Signing to arguably the 4th best team in the NFCW is still a headscratcher tbh.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Disagree strongly w/ Brandt here. He ALREADY was prepaid this MVP money. It is bad business to double pay for services.

Also if guys wanted yearly control or control in general... do the Revis thing. Sign short high money deals.

I agree with Wolf to a degree. You knowingly signed a long deal. And I know I know... teams don’t treat these deals like that. But, for the best players GB traditional has.

If you are worried about the players the team gets etc etc. sign short deals and basically every off-season be like what are you doing, convince me to stay. Granted I doubt many teams would sign up for that. But that’s how you gain control and work the system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

"We want him back in the worst way" ... well then it's an easy agreement.

Lock him into a 3 year contract that is either a) effectively untradable or b) has a NTC

Than he can be happily yours in the worst way

Shouldn't you go worry about taking Kellen Mond 66th overall?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

agreed about Carr 100%

Tua and Lock I'd be fine with (I think) on cheap rookie contracts. They could battle w/ Bortles and we could stash one on PS or trade one or cut one for minimal impact in late August

If we get a QB in trade guy I like is Darnold.  Doubt Carolina is in play but he could be a guy with untapped potential.  Rosen will likely be cut or PS by SF.  A guy I wouldn't mind bringing in and kicking the tires on.  Reclamation project maybe he just totally sucks but does throw a pretty ball.  He wouldn't cost us anything so don't crucify me.  Always wondered what his career trajectory would have been had he been in GB.  Might just be too late for him dunno.  Well neither guy will end up in GB so never mind.  

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

If we get a QB in trade guy I like is Darnold.  Doubt Carolina is in play but he could be a guy with untapped potential.  Rosen will likely be cut or PS by SF.  A guy I wouldn't mind bringing in and kicking the tires on.  Reclamation project maybe he just totally sucks but does throw a pretty ball.  He wouldn't cost us anything so don't crucify me.  Always wondered what his career trajectory would have been had he been in GB.  Might just be too late for him dunno.  Well neither guy will end up in GB so never mind.  

Darnold had his 5th year option picked up.  Not a cheap contract for 2022

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Darnold had his 5th year option picked up.  Not a cheap contract for 2022

Good catch.  18 mil yah that's pretty steep for an unknown.  Cheap this year though.  It will be interesting to see how he does in Carolina this year.   He never had a fair shake either.  Surprised they picked up his 5th year.  

54 minutes ago, cannondale said:

If the only option to keep him is for one more year, then rip the band-aid and trade him June 1st IMO. A known one year stint won't end well due to the media circus and the million etc's that go along with it.

agreed. If Rodgers plans to be gone next offseason, 2021 is a throwaway year and he will be an enormous PITA and ruin everything.