Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Something has changed since that video was posted (2018).  I do think the front office has failed some when it comes to communications with Aaron.  I think maybe the whole sequence of events that led to the firing of McCarthy might have changed the dynamic between Aaron and some of the front office staff.

I think there might be some of that.  Rodgers getting McCarthy canned, Murphy reportedly telling Rodgers not to be the problem with LaFleur.  Gute probably thinking who's this guy coming in here getting coaches fired.  I could see some of the resentment from both sides.  

I think Rodgers comes back, but the chances of them winning a SB is about slim and none with this hanging over the organization, and it won't dissappear even if Rodgers is happy.

59 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not a fan of the question or the answer, frankly.

I'm actually a little confused. Is he saying "No", as in "No, I don't ever tell the front office which player to select" or "No, the front office never listens to me"

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I'm actually a little confused. Is he saying "No", as in "No, I don't ever tell the front office which player to select" or "No, the front office never listens to me"

Both .. everything the guy says is some cryptic nonsense.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Who cares? He's already on record as bitching the FO doesnt listen to or advise him of things. Done deal. Got it.

I still dont think they're telling AR of the possibility of drafting Love would have had any beneficial effect. None.

"Oh....so you dont tell me about this.....and you dont ask me about that....but you DO tell me about drafting my replacement. Gee thanks"

Edited by Leader

Rodgers played better last year then he has in several years and still Green Bay didn't make it to the SB. 

The question remains, can Rodgers deliver another SB? Regardless of his desire to be traded or not....the Packers have to come to the realization that last year's team wasn't good enough and that having Rodgers on the roster or not won't make a difference. This year's draft will make an impact. but not for this season. 

Build a better team and find a trigger man that's good enough to win a SB, while not expecting another HOF QB to come through the players locker room for some time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Who cares? He's already on record as bitching the FO doesnt listen to or advise him of things. Done deal. Got it.

I still dont think they're telling AR of the possibility of drafting Love would have had any beneficial effect. None.

"Oh....so you dont tell me about this.....and you dont ask me about that....but you DO tell me about drafting my replacement. Gee thanks"

He is also on record saying the FO's were always open to him and he has had a number of good conversations with Gutes and MM and he is not needing to be in that process. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

He is also on record saying the FO's were always open to him and he has had a number of good conversations with Gutes and MM and he is not needing to be in that process. 

So....in other words...he's been all over the place on this issue - which makes it a non issue IMO.
This is all about his contract (IMO) and his seeking guarantees that bridge past 2021.

The team can move him with less pain after this season. He knows that and is trying to get that changed - again, IMO.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

So....in other words...he's been all over the place on this issue - which makes it a non issue IMO.
This is all about his contract (IMO) and his seeking guarantees that bridge past 2021.

The team can move him with less pain after this season. He knows that and is trying to get that changed - again, IMO.

Ding Ding Ding. 

11 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

For me, the X factor is if Jordan Love can play.  It changes a lot in what you ask for.  

According to Silverstein the Packers would be asking for a QB in return.  

Gotta wonder what the Packers think of Love and if they are looking for a bridge QB is there a big difference in Bortles and Drew Lock??

If the Packers think Love can play, I think you have to consider that trade maybe with a tweak or two after jun 1.

Keep in mind the chances of the Packers getting to a SB with all this turmoil going on, Rodgers taking up 20% of the cap, (highest SB winning QB was 14% of the cap), and Brady and TB in the way isn't very good.  

I've always disliked this argument.  I've never heard someone say that there has never been a SB winning team that is paying their LT 13% of the cap yet no one had any issues with paying a 30 year old offensive lineman 23 million a season.  

I've got no issues with Bak's contract but it's every bit as detrimental to the health of Green Bay's Salary cap.  QB is the only position some fans have issues with paying.  

Edited by SSG

For what its worth... Probably nothing.

My dad has a friend on the Packers board of directors who told him the Broncos have offered: Drew Lock, Dalton Risner, Bradley Chubb, 2022 1st and 2nd, 2023 1st, and 2024 1st. He also said Guety will not trade him no matter the offer. 

8 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

My dad has a friend on the Packers board of directors who told him the Broncos have offered: Drew Lock, Dalton Risner, Bradley Chubb, 2022 1st and 2nd, 2023 1st, and 2024 1st. He also said Guety will not trade him no matter the offer. 

If Gute got that offer and turned it down he should be fired immediately

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

You Dad's friend must follow Albert Breer on Twitter cause he posted that info. How accurate it is .... is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

My son knows a guy, who works in an office with a lady, who knows a guy who lives down the street from Rodgers agent David Dunn and is rumored to have did something inappropriate to Dunn's family dog. He heard that she heard that he heard that Rodgers would play for free this coming season as long as the Packers agree not to trade him to the Cowboys after the season is over. Seems like a good source.    

Edited by R T
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hands said:

Rodgers played better last year then he has in several years and still Green Bay didn't make it to the SB. 

The question remains, can Rodgers deliver another SB? Regardless of his desire to be traded or not....the Packers have to come to the realization that last year's team wasn't good enough and that having Rodgers on the roster or not won't make a difference. This year's draft will make an impact. but not for this season. 

Build a better team and find a trigger man that's good enough to win a SB, while not expecting another HOF QB to come through the players locker room for some time. 

Rodgers makes plays that most other QB's can't make except for Mahomes and maybe Josh Allen at this point. It all goes back to defense. We're not having this conversation if Pettine doesn't dial up that idiotic scheme before halftime of the NFCCG.

Throw out the Nick Foles and Joe Flacco years and you've had a HOF QB guide his team to victory in the past 18 Super Bowls all the way back to Tampa Bay's win in 2002. Yes, that does include Eli Manning who will sneak into the HOF based on stats and rings.