Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

At this point I don't care either way. Tired of it actually. I can see possible benefits either way. You could 1) give Rodgers what he wants, presumably an extension with a no-trade clause, give yourself a chance to win a SB next year if not beyond.....or.....2) trade Rodgers for picks after June 2nd and build a team with a very talented supporting cast for Love to develop with.

No one knows what you 'might' have with Love but Lafleur and Gutekunst. If they've seen enough to guess that Love--with time and experience--can be the future, then at this point the best of the imperfect options seems to be to trade Rodgers after June 2nd, that is, unless teams will only offer peanuts in return. If they still aren't sure on if Love can eventually be the guy, then perhaps the best of the imperfect options is to give Rodgers what he wants. 

43 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

At this point I don't care either way. Tired of it actually. I can see possible benefits either way. You could 1) give Rodgers what he wants, presumably an extension with a no-trade clause, give yourself a chance to win a SB next year if not beyond.....or.....2) trade Rodgers for picks after June 2nd and build a team with a very talented supporting cast for Love to develop with.

No one knows what you 'might' have with Love but Lafleur and Gutekunst. If they've seen enough to guess that Love--with time and experience--can be the future, then at this point the best of the imperfect options seems to be to trade Rodgers after June 2nd, that is, unless teams will only offer peanuts in return. If they still aren't sure on if Love can eventually be the guy, then perhaps the best of the imperfect options is to give Rodgers what he wants. 

Yes that is the logical approach.  However after giving a big FU to the organization, the team, the coaches, and the fans pretty much eliminates bringing back the diva.  Caving to his demands is the last thing the Packers should do.  Either we trade him, he plays under his current contract, or he can sit.  That's it.

I am really hoping we can trade him and get back a huge haul.  I don't care if we regress.  After his draft day stunt I want him gone.  Guess some fans are OK with what he is pulling.  I am not one of them.  Benedict Aaron Diva Judas Rodgers.  Traitor.  This is worse then Farve playing for the Vikings IMO.  Coming up on 3 weeks of silence. 

Silence speaks volumes.  Guilty as charged.  The crime high treason.  We should trade him to Houston. 

Edited by Scoremore

The Packers had to know when they drafted Jordan Love that it was going to create some issues with Rodgers.  It basically started the clock on Rodgers departure from GB. I think they'd love to have him back for 2021, but it seems like that could be a debacle if Rodgers returns with a sour attitude. 

Everyone out there seems to believe that Denver will overwhelm the Packers with an big offer.  What better way to start the Love era with a string of first round picks and some quality players?  It's like a gift from the football gods to get a huge return for a 37 year old qb, albeit an MVP level Qb.  

Gute and Murphy will be under some serious heat if Love is really bad and/or Rodgers is really good, but he's the one that will be in breach or contract with a holdout and the Packers will appear as it they are being forced to move on.  The ideal timing of the deal would be in the middle of training camp sometime.  The less time Rodgers has to learn a new offense the better for the Packers. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

For me, the X factor is if Jordan Love can play.  It changes a lot in what you ask for.  

According to Silverstein the Packers would be asking for a QB in return.  

Gotta wonder what the Packers think of Love and if they are looking for a bridge QB is there a big difference in Bortles and Drew Lock??

If the Packers think Love can play, I think you have to consider that trade maybe with a tweak or two after jun 1.

Keep in mind the chances of the Packers getting to a SB with all this turmoil going on, Rodgers taking up 20% of the cap, (highest SB winning QB was 14% of the cap), and Brady and TB in the way isn't very good.  

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

For me, the X factor is if Jordan Love can play.  It changes a lot in what you ask for.  

According to Silverstein the Packers would be asking for a QB in return.  

Gotta wonder what the Packers think of Love and if they are looking for a bridge QB is there a big difference in Bortles and Drew Lock??

If the Packers think Love can play, I think you have to consider that trade maybe with a tweak or two after jun 1.

Keep in mind the chances of the Packers getting to a SB with all this turmoil going on, Rodgers taking up 20% of the cap, (highest SB winning QB was 14% of the cap), and Brady and TB in the way isn't very good.  

We had our shot with Rodgers at the helm and came up short in championship games four times in the past seven seasons.  Maybe it's time to try something different?  I have some faith that LaFleur can regularly put Love in good situations, but there's surely going to be a big dropoff from Rodgers.  The Oline and run game would take some pressure off Love, but you know defenses would try their best to make Love have to beat them.  We'd more than likely lose a lot of games early on.  I think the Packers have plenty of weapons, and after a Rodgers deal could have even more if they can acquire a Jerry Jeudy or Noah Fant.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yes that is the logical approach.  However after giving a big FU to the organization, the team, the coaches, and the fans pretty much eliminates bringing back the diva.  Caving to his demands is the last thing the Packers should do.  Either we trade him, he plays under his current contract, or he can sit.  That's it.

I am really hoping we can trade him and get back a huge haul.  I don't care if we regress.  After his draft day stunt I want him gone.  Guess some fans are OK with what he is pulling.  I am not one of them.  Benedict Aaron Diva Judas Rodgers.  Traitor.  This is worse then Farve playing for the Vikings IMO.  Coming up on 3 weeks of silence. 

Silence speaks volumes.  Guilty as charged.  The crime high treason.  We should trade him to Houston. 

Ah, an active member of the "Cut off your nose to spite your face", brigade.

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We had our shot with Rodgers at the helm and came up short in championship games four times in the past seven seasons.  Maybe it's time to try something different?  I have some faith that LaFleur can regularly put Love in good situations, but there's surely going to be a big dropoff from Rodgers.  The Oline and run game would take some pressure off Love, but you know defenses would try their best to make Love have to beat them.  We'd more than likely lose a lot of games early on.  I think the Packers have plenty of weapons, and after a Rodgers deal could have even more if they can acquire a Jerry Jeudy or Noah Fant.  

The chances are we are not going to get another hall of fame type of QB (well you never know). I feel the identity of this team has become too Rodgers focused and if we can get a decent tune our of Love and really use the draft capital (that we aquire in a trade) to build a dominant defence and a really solid run game (which I think we already have), that will be the identity that the Packers will morph into. Sooner or later that was always on the cards. It is the fear of losing Rodgers a few years too early is where the pain lies. If he could just play to his contract that would be sweet but he doesn't want to and I would prefer not to redo his deal so that makes him the top paid QB and also difficult to move on from.

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Ah, an active member of the "Cut off your nose to spite your face", brigade.

Well actually I think he is going to suck this year.  The dude is not invested.  Now he's out in Hawaii with his fiance.  Doesn't appear to me that he will be willing to put in the preparation necessary to repeat last year's performance.  I do loathe him now but also believe it would be a huge mistake for the Packers to bring him back.  Best thing we can do is move on and trade him to the highest bidder.  He comes back to GB expect a repeat of 2018.

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well actually I think he is going to suck this year.  The dude is not invested.  Now he's out in Hawaii with his fiance.  Doesn't appear to me that he will be willing to put in the preparation necessary to repeat last year's performance.  I do loathe him now but also believe it would be a huge mistake for the Packers to bring him back.  Best thing we can do is move on and trade him to the highest bidder.  He comes back to GB expect a repeat of 2018.

He’s on a vacation with his fiancée during the off-season. Your loathing of him is clouding your judgment. He’s certainly entitled to go on vacation and unless you keep day to day tabs on him, you have no idea what kind of preparation he’s done this off-season. That’s a ridiculous take. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

He’s on a vacation with his fiancée during the off-season. Your loathing of him is clouding your judgment. He’s certainly entitled to go on vacation and unless you keep day to day tabs on him, you have no idea what kind of preparation he’s done this off-season. That’s a ridiculous take. 

Don't think so.  He's mentally checked out.  Human nature.  How do you expect a disgruntled employee to perform?  We saw this movie in 2018.  If his heart isn't in it well he's going to suck.  He doesn't want to play for the Packers.  Telling you right now bringing him back is going to be a mistake.  Think he is going to skip OTA's and training camp and just light the world on fire? Nothing good can come from this.  Packers have no choice but to move on IMO.  

12 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Don't think so.  He's mentally checked out.  Human nature.  How do you expect a disgruntled employee to perform?  We saw this movie in 2018.  If his heart isn't in it well he's going to suck.  He doesn't want to play for the Packers.  Telling you right now bringing him back is going to be a mistake.  Think he is going to skip OTA's and training camp and just light the world on fire? Nothing good can come from this.  Packers have no choice but to move on IMO.  

Let me break this down for you:

His Hawaii trip does NOT mean he's mentally checked out or not committed. It means he's on vacation. Simple as that.