Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Can somebody explain to me what trading him after June 1st does as opposed to now?

Looks like it changes what the total salary against this years and next years cap becomes. If its done now its like 38m right now on the cap just like its currently showing. But after june 2 somehow that is broken into two years if I am reading this correctly. So you would get a hit of say about half right now then another half for 2022.

Post June 1 may be the only real way Rodgers can be traded for picks and players. The packers will need to fit the new salaries under the cap if any players are involved. I do like the idea of a Denver deal and I dont think them picking Surtain means he wont or couldn't be included in any deal fora rod.

From what I saw at Over The Cap, if you trade him post June 1st, the Packers save $22 million on the cap.  I don't know how they figure that but who cares.  He is staying a Packer for right now.

If I were the Media I would camp out in front of his home and DEMAND a response from him directly.  He tells people on the radio show not to believe much of what the media says....well...what's the truth Aaron?

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Can somebody explain to me what trading him after June 1st does as opposed to now?

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think it's a misconception about a post June 1 cut. If you cut a guy and designate him a "June 1" cut, his cap hit is spread over the year you cut him in and then the year following. It's a 50/50 spread.

I don't believe there is a June 1 trade designation though.

Release pre June 1st                      Trade Pre June 1st                    Release Post June 1st                    Trade post June 1st

PRE-6/1 RELEASE2021 Dead Cap: $38,356,0002021 Cap Savings: $-1,154,000 PRE-6/1 TRADE2021 Dead Cap: $38,356,0002021 Cap Savings: $-1,154,000 POST-6/1 RELEASE2021 Dead Cap: $21,152,0002022 Dead Cap: $17,204,0002021 Cap Savings: $16,050,000 POST-6/1 TRADE2021 Dead Cap: $21,152,0002022 Dead Cap: $17,204,0002021 Cap Savings: $16,050,000

The boxes for each have the specifics, but it wasn't posting in the non white text

I'll probably catch hell for this but still believe this is a media hyped bunch of nonsense.  Aaron has repeatedly stated he wants to retire a Packer.  I have listened to him on his podcasts for years. Tuesdays with Aaron (Wilde) then the Pat Mcafee show.  This doesn't jive with what I know about him.  Considering the media crapstorm created he'll have to reaffirm his committment to the Pack.  I'm witholding judgement.  We'll see how this story plays out. He needs to address this in the next few days.  If not Houston we have a problem.  The whole Packer fan base was just dragged through the mud.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Post June 1 may be the only real way Rodgers can be traded for picks and players. The packers will need to fit the new salaries under the cap if any players are involved. I do like the idea of a Denver deal and I dont think them picking Surtain means he wont or couldn't be included in any deal fora rod.

Yes, we will get pick 40 tonight, too. So we get Patrick Surtain and pick 40 and more for Rodgers on June 2nd.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, we will get pick 40 tonight, too. So we get Patrick Surtain and pick 40 and more for Rodgers on June 2nd.

GB might have to send Chandon Sullivan to Denver in that package.....and I am OK with that.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lol still holding onto that fading glimmer? It's clear to me Rodgers would be gone if Gutey had the same level of confidence that Love was ready as Ted did in 2008 about Rodgers.

Therefore I think it would be stupid to trade Rodgers and jeopardize Love's career. Even if we get stare down Aaron this year who's only looking out for himself and doesn't give a crap about the Packers, that's better than jeopardizing the potential 15 year career of a guy we've pegged as the heir.

• Like 1

I don’t think Surtain is part of any deal.

We did not just draft Stokes to have four starting caliber defensive backs plus Jackson with a new DC (and possible move to safety, putting Savage in the Star role).

I’m thinking it’s more likely a team like Denver starts compiling picks by clearing cap space.  If Von Miller gets moved, if Drew Lock gets moved, if the Broncos trade 40th for a future pick...

Basically, it’s time to pay attention to teams who start dumping salaries and acquiring picks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'll probably catch hell for this but still believe this is a media hyped bunch of nonsense.  Aaron has repeatedly stated he wants to retire a Packer.  I have listened to him on his podcasts for years. Tuesdays with Aaron (Wilde) then the Pat Mcafee show.  This doesn't jive with what I know about him.  Considering the media crapstorm created he'll have to reaffirm his committment to the Pack.  I'm witholding judgement.  We'll see how this story plays out. He needs to address this in the next few days.  If not Houston we have a problem.  The whole Packer fan base was just dragged through the mud.  

Of course Rodgers would say he wants to retire as a Packer.   That endears him to the fan base.  What he says vs what he does/how he acts is another matter.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think it's a misconception about a post June 1 cut. If you cut a guy and designate him a "June 1" cut, his cap hit is spread over the year you cut him in and then the year following. It's a 50/50 spread.

I don't believe there is a June 1 trade designation though.

It's actually 1/3 and 2/3 spread as he has 3 years left in his contract. A June 1st cut allows you to have the normal cap hit for that year and the rest is accelerated the next year. As most of those cuts are made when there are 2 years left people make the wrong assumption that it is a 50/50 split.

• Like 1