Packers QB Aaron Rodgers disgruntled; "Does not want to return to team"

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, Dodo said:

So like ... is there a timeline worth keeping in mind? A date Rodgers becomes more "untradeable" or has to report/retire by? 

If nothing happens the first week of June, Rodgers will be taking all the GB snaps in 2021.

There's zero chance he retires or sits out. It's trade or GB.

Edited by incognito_man

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

When you evaluate the draft, do you always have exactly 32 first round talents? Just curious because I view this similar to that. 

There are literally 32 first round selections. Seldom do I have 32 first round players.

I mean each team has a top receiver he is literally that teams WR1 because he is the top target for that team. Doesn’t mean he is worthy of being considered a top player at his position but he is a WR1 for that particular team. There are 32 starting QBs in the league. Many of them suck. But they are still QB1 on their team.

You are arguing worth with the above draft comparison. I am not arguing worth. There are many WR1 who wouldn’t be that on a different team. But the fact is each team has their top guy regardless of his talent level.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I mean each team has a top receiver he is literally that teams WR1 because he is the top target for that team. Doesn’t mean he is worthy of being considered a top player at his position but he is a WR1 for that particular team. There are 32 starting QBs in the league. Many of them suck. But they are still QB1 on their team.

You are arguing worth with the above draft comparison. I am not arguing worth. There are many WR1 who wouldn’t be that on a different team. But the fact is each team has their top guy regardless of his talent level.

I wouldn't argue the literal definition, as a I said earlier. I would argue there's a lack of common usage there that is a problem, but that's a separate issue.

I was more or less wondering if the 27th rated guy on your board was a first rounder every time because there are 32 picks in the first round. 

2 hours ago, Pool said:

You are correct.  I should have made it in the past tense. However I do not see how that would change the point I was making. 

It helps to ask a question using the terms the person you are discussing the topic with accurately as they have been used.  Asking a question in a gotcha type manner using words and phrases that are inaccurate to how the other party stated them serves no benefit to the discussion.

If all WRs were available in a redraft, Devin Funchess does not go in the top 120 WRs selected.

Treating him as a legit #3 option in 2020 is delusional, forget the rest.

In 2017 he was the top targeted WR but not the top target (McCaffrey)

They went 6-1 when Olsen was around to be the #2 target and 5-4 when he was not.

They also had a QB who ran 136 times in a run pass offense that was close to 1 to 1 (490 runs vs 535 drop backs)

Funchess did have 8 TDs but he was 5th in yards per target on the team.

He was a replaceable part at his peak.

In their 2015 run he was slightly more productive than Jericho Cotchery and Philly Brown.

In 2018 he was 8th in yards per target on a 7-9 team.

The only thing worse than Funchess as a WR is a fool who can't stop beating the drum for him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It helps to ask a question using the terms the person you are discussing the topic with accurately as they have been used.  Asking a question in a gotcha type manner using words and phrases that are inaccurate to how the other party stated them serves no benefit to the discussion.

Not really.  My point was that he was misrepresenting Funchess as a WR1. If he believed that he currently was was not being discussed until you took issue with the phrasing of my question. No one was claiming he currently believed this. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pool said:

Not really.  My point was that he was misrepresenting Funchess as a WR1. If he believed that he currently was was not being discussed until you took issue with the phrasing of my question. No one was claiming he currently believed this. 

It seems like his representation was based on how he was defining the WR1 for each team.  

That you felt it was a misreprentation if fine, but asking the question as you phrased it was a complete misreprentation of the discussion.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

It seems as if 99% of the football watching world seems to understand this...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:
2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

It seems as if 99% of the football watching world seems to understand this...

lol at this hindsight nonsense

The move was universally graded positively last offseason when GB signed him to that near vet min contract to come in and compete for that #3 spot.

You guys are clueless

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

lol at this hindsight nonsense

The move was universally graded positively last offseason when GB signed him to that near vet min contract to come in and compete for that #3 spot.

You guys are clueless

Where are you getting this? It was universally panned when it happened.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pwny said:

Where are you getting this? It was universally panned when it happened.

My review was very pleasant

On 3/24/2020 at 4:50 PM, Forge said:

There are ways to solve the issues plaguing your #2 receiver spot. 

Spoiler alert, this is not one of them. 

But no, seriously, it's pretty much whatever, similar to the 49er signing of Benjamin earlier. They aren't signing him to solve anything. It's just some depth. 

• Like 1