1. 1. Grade the Pick

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This all feels different.

The swag he has I am not sure I am prepared to process.

Asked how he feels about the spotlight and the attention and how he has handled it since being high profile since HS, Fields said, he has had to deal with it since HS, and it's no problem bc "I'm built for this."

This just feels really different than it ever has before.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm really interested to see if Fields plays in the preseason at all.  If he doesnt, I think he starts day 1.  That doesnt mean if he does that he wont either.  

I think he'll have to have at least some preseason reps, no matter what. There are simply too many new parts on offense, they're going to need to come together. 

16 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Watching tOSU tape, they run a lot of the same concepts that Nagy loves.

They sorta do, don't they? I hadn't really thought about that before. Good take. 

17 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think he'll have to have at least some preseason reps, no matter what. There are simply too many new parts on offense, they're going to need to come together. 

They sorta do, don't they? I hadn't really thought about that before. Good take. 

Day and Nagy apparently share ideas throughout the year.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 8:34 PM, Nads786 said:

Paraphrasing here - “no training wheels required, this kid is not Mitch.”

Basically. He shared part of his first article from Mitch’s first minicamp and then contrasted it with what he saw of Fields on Friday.

Mitch - botched snaps, had to be told to speak up 

Fields - 3 incompletions the whole practice, one of which was a wrong route where he himself corrected the WR.

Night. And. Day. Kid is a true alpha. Gonna win over that locker room in a hot minute. 

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, Madmike90 said:

Another super impressive press conference from Fields...got to love the fact he said if you are not striving to be in a starting job then you shouldn't be here...tells you where his head is at and that he has the confidence to take the starting job.

Much different than hearing Mitch go through his schtick.  The difference in their maturity levels as players is immediately noticeable.

On 5/14/2021 at 7:29 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah I'm thinking about it, Hoge&Jahns have a promo for 40% off too, so you can get the year for $40

dude, im pretty sure you can get it for like, $1/month. theyre always running promos. the best part is its not like cable, where its a low introductory rate, then it gets increased later - you're rate stays the same. i signed up when they first started, and i pay like, $20 a year or something like that. i signed my dad up for father's day when it was like a buck a month, and i just have that recurring every year. cheap and easy present (father's day is coming up again, if anyone wants an idea)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...