2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

On 4/8/2022 at 5:48 PM, thrILL! said:

Do edge rushers make more than WRs?  I'd imagine in this scenario whichever position commands more in a potential 2nd contract would get picked at 22.  So would Olave go at #21?  Or does it not even matter?

Or I'm just completely oversaturated with draft content lol.

Typically?  Yes, a good edge makes more than a good WR.  Couple outliers this year with Hill, Adams, Diggs, but we shall see how that WR market shakes out moving forward.

Does it even matter?  No.

In that draft scenario we move up to control picks 21 and 22.  Doesn't matter who goes at 21 or 22.  

So yah, over saturated for sure.  Call if draft prospect fatigue at this point.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm going to get to learn about our draft picks after we take them again this year.

Exciting!

Pretty much every year Incog.  Packers have a knack for taking guys not on our radar.  They do it every year.  If I get around to doing a mock I'll start with guys I don't know figuring they'll be the ones the Packers take.  Tell you this the draft will leave us all scratching our heads again just like every year.  Then have to study up on our new guys and go OK I get it now.  Well mostly.  Looking back over previous draft classes 2-3 guys usually stick.  You read up on the 10 or 11 guys get excited then have to realize most of them don't pan out.  Love the draft and watch it from start to finish.  Drives the wife nuts but she has learned to accept it. 

43 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm going to get to learn about our draft picks after we take them again this year.

Exciting!

It's actually nice. Though I did finally first watch some of the WRs for a bit today but I'm promising myself I won't bother with anything else. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Worst case scenario.   What kind of haul could we get by trading 22 and 28 in different deals and moving back? 

If you're just trading back those picks...

Based on the value chart...

22 (780) to HOU for 37 and 68 (780)

28 (660) to CLE for 44 and 78 (660)

15 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Worst case scenario.   What kind of haul could we get by trading 22 and 28 in different deals and moving back? 

All the 7th round picks for the next 15 years. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Exciting!

Same here for the most part. It’s kind of like not making an X -mas list then waking up X-mas morning to be surprised  what you got.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Seems like Packers are doing their work on the Wisconsin dudes 

That was part of the regional host day. Usually, one of the Packers beat people post a list of all the players that were on a visit that day, it was probably too difficult for any of them to build up the energy to bother this year. Would have required a contact with the Packers PR department and then putting it out in some form of media release.   

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

depends on how far back

22 trade back to 27 would probably be a late 3rd

27 + 91 for 22 and 171

I could see doing that trade back if they then were able to use that gained collateral to move up with one of their 2nd round picks to the 33-40 range where you 'might' see one or more of these guys still on the board like WR Pickens/Watson, DL Travis Jones/Winfrey, Edge Ojabo/Ebetikie/Bonitto, S Hill/Cine/Pitre, OL Tyler Smith, TE McBride, etc.

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Same here for the most part. It’s kind of like not making an X -mas list then waking up X-mas morning to be surprised  what you got.

Hope this is the draft where the Packers take some of the guys visiting. This guy and Pickens are two of my favorites in the draft. 

• Like 1