2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

Obviously rumor season, but I heard Seattle likes Ridder a lot and has made calls in the late 1st to come back in and get him, have to imagine with the Wolf/Thompson connection in Seattle's FO that we've discussed moving from 28. Take BPA at 22, then move 28 + 59 for 40 +41 would be a dream scenario for me. 

• Like 2

Imagine holding a job where you cover this team year round for a major sports network, being tasked with making the Packers picks in a mock draft, and getting on television to say they'll draft Treylon Burks with the 22nd pick. That dude is stealing his paycheck.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Obviously rumor season, but I heard Seattle likes Ridder a lot and has made calls in the late 1st to come back in and get him, have to imagine with the Wolf/Thompson connection in Seattle's FO that we've discussed moving from 28. Take BPA at 22, then move 28 + 59 for 40 +41 would be a dream scenario for me. 

It would help them land a WR on day 2...

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Imagine holding a job where you cover this team year round for a major sports network, being tasked with making the Packers picks in a mock draft, and getting on television to say they'll draft Treylon Burks with the 22nd pick. That dude is stealing his paycheck.

Why does everyone hate Burks? Guess I'll pilot the hype train solo. 

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It would help them land a WR on day 2...

Pretty safe assumption if early day 2 you have Pickens, Watson, Pierce, Tolbert, etc on the board. I would imagine they like those guys way more than the top of the WR class.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Pretty safe assumption if early day 2 you have Pickens, Watson, Pierce, Tolbert, etc on the board. I would imagine they like those guys way more than the top of the WR class.

Still think Pierce has to end up a Packer. It's just too perfect of a fit. Only thing holding me back is that I think Pierce is going to go earlier than expected and I don't think he's in play for 28 but might not be there at 53.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still think Pierce has to end up a Packer. It's just too perfect of a fit. Only thing holding me back is that I think Pierce is going to go earlier than expected and I don't think he's in play for 28 but might not be there at 53.

This is why I pound the table that he is a dark horse for 28. I have seen thru most of the process him as a solid 2nd rounder, sometimes 3rd if he isn’t your cup of tea.

But I consistently see him discussed at the 36-45 range. And my point is if GB can’t trade down and if he is “their guy”, which I have to imagine he is one at that position 28 vs 36 in the grand scheme of it all isn’t that big of a difference.

I just go back and forth with him and Pickens. Because I would say Pickens has more upside to be a true number 1. But you have to deal with the personality. I think Pierce can be a number 1 in the way Jordy was… it’s like top 15/20 not top 5 like how Adams grew to. Pickens can grow to that top 5 if it goes right… I don’t believe Pierce will.

But I have assumed for awhile at the earliest WR goes 28 and it would be a Pickens or Pierce. And I did that assuming they can’t trade down… if they can that’s best case.

Edited by Green19

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yeah I keep saying he seems like a guy that goes in the 40s to me but I absolutely don't have the depth of knowledge of all the other dudes for that range, but it's still my feel

41 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why does everyone hate Burks? Guess I'll pilot the hype train solo. 

I like Burks. Have Packers taking him at #22 in my mock. Which probably guarantees it won't happen. Gute has yet to take someone in 1st I really had my eye on. Happened at least 3 times with TT. Hawk, Bulaga, Ha-Ha. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

It's not that I hate him, though I'm not high on him. I just realize that there's zero chance the Packers select him at #22.

Mocks are pretty much useless one thing I've learned over the years.  Several mocks like half of them have us taking Burks at #22.  Reasoning being the top guys will all be off the board and the Packers will take the highest rated remaining receiver.  Personally think Cine will be there at #22 and he'll be the pick.  Impact player on D.  Can hear the moaning now.  Got Cine at #22 and Pickens at #28.  2 impact players who will contribute right away.  

Who knows.  Trying to guess what the Packers are going to do if fruitless.  Out of 11 picks if you hit on 2 of them be lucky.  Some rumors going around Burks isn't all that smart.  If true that's not going to work.  Can't imagine anything worse than Rodgers trying to work with a guy that doesn't get it.  

After consulting with area scouts (Boy, Girl and Eagle) and watching hundreds of youtube videos that would make prospects like Josh Rosen look like Tom Brady, been called a drafthole the past month, I'm ready to make the call.  Barring a trade.

With the 22nd pick in the 2022 draft, the Green Bay Packers select Daxton Hill. S, Michigan.  

Not a sexy pick, but the best player on the board.  Lots of needs but Gute looks ahead to the financial aspect in his secondary with Alex, Savage and Amos in the coming years and goes with Hill.

Fire away!!!

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1