2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Biggest draft needs as it stands today: OG, DT, LB, CB

OG for sure.

DT it depends on how we bring back from to determine whether or not it’s an actual need(although I would draft one every year because of the type of defense we play). If your talking NT in particular I 100% agree.

LB and CB There in that same bout of want to see what some of the young players do before making that judgment.

I’m suprised you didn’t mention C 

21 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Imo I would say DT and CB would be two positions needed for this defense to take the next step. Hayward has been a good pick up maybe even better then Nelly was for the team last year but he’s really pushing it with his age and they should obviously extend a new contract for another year but this team needs a legit number 2 CB who is young and has size. 

I would expect Deablo to have a way bigger role next season playing that Littleton spot so I don’t think LB would be much of a need . 

I'm not counting on Deablo until he does it. DT is always a need. I think Mullen is pretty good but no harm in bringing another CB in. Arnette just hasn't been good because mentally he doesn't have it.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:19 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mullen? He was pretty good when healthy.

Mullen is definitely a player who has continued to get better. Just feel like while they should bring Hayward back it would be crazy to think he could have this much success next year at the age of 33. Need a young guy who can start. 

For me it’s: IOL, RT, DT, CB, QB(Mariota is hurt/expensive and Peterman won’t be on scholarship anymore)

very interested to see how Morrow looks when he gets back. We have Perryman for another year I believe and Littleton ain’t going anywhere. Deablo for depth. I don’t see LB as a major need unless we don’t bring Morrow back, but I think he fits perfectly in GBs defense. 

Edited by Geezy

On 10/20/2021 at 9:52 AM, Geezy said:

For me it’s: IOL, RT, DT, CB, QB(Mariota is hurt/expensive and Peterman won’t be on scholarship anymore)

very interested to see how Morrow looks when he gets back. We have Perryman for another year I believe and Littleton ain’t going anywhere. Deablo for depth. I don’t see LB as a major need unless we don’t bring Morrow back, but I think he fits perfectly in GBs defense. 

basically this

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I've seen him mocked 15-25 so we could land him with our pick or we could trade up.

A mock draft in October is a pretty useless gauge. Baring injury, Davis will be a top 10 pick after highlighting the playoffs and combine testing where he will blow the doors off for a man of his size. He's in that Vita Vea category of NTs who can dominate.

I'm with you 100% however, he's exactly what the Raiders need in the middle. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If you're a college player, would you rather go top 5 in the draft or drop to a better team?

Prior to the rookie wage scale I would have wanted to go as high as possible. Since the wage scale though, I would want to go to a situation where I was surrounded by enough talent to put me in a good enough position to succeed to ball out and secure the bag. Obvious exceptions though. Perhaps even more than the surrounding talent though I would likely want to go to the highest team picking that has a coaching staff that has shown they know what they are doing and will put me in the best position to succeed and ask me to play to my strengths. 

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jordan Davis is my man crush

Davis appears to be a stud but doesn't he project more as a 1T and not a 3T? 

No doubt that beast will help us in the run game but we need an interior disruptor that can consistently rush the passer and be stout in the run game, especially in the 1st round.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz